Jungle Blue / suncity release defective?

MButt

Hi all, I was wondering who all has purchased the cd Jungle Blue - call of the wild released by Suncity Records? I bought one when it was released, but never listened to it fully....until 2 weeks ago...I have so many new cd's it takes me a while just to get to something like this....anyway, my brother just bought one from Neh Records, and told me it skips.....so I listened to it and it skips but the cd is mint, so I listened to mine and it does it at the same time...on track 2, about 1:29 in, makes what appears to be a skip..but if you play it on a computer it does something different, just has no sound for the duration of the skip..it also has some similar things later in the cd....I emailed mike at Neh Records and he tested a few of his and they do the same thing....I was hoping some folks here that have the jungle blue cd can test theirs on a couple machines and see if anyone else has the problem, or if someone else noticed it too....I am not trying to bad mouth anyone, as I love what Suncity has released, and will buy anything they produce..and I love the jungle blue, just want one that works right....but it seems this one has a flaw and I am wondering if it is over the entire batch or if some were ok.....I emailed Dave at suncity to test and find me one that works ok, and to let him know of the flaw....again, not trying to stir anything up....just curious as hell.....thanks for any help...Mike

feck, i only have cruella d'ville. would love to have them all and thus answer this question. as general, this thing happens. it happened to me a couple of times, and then the guys from the labels where very prompt to replace them. they didn't even want the defective copies back. but i have also to say that they're real friends of mine. don't know what happens if they're only "digital" ones. perhaps they'll ask the defective copies back.

CORRECTION: this is what I get for posting this at work, and not checking my notes at home....the track that skips on Jungle Blue is track 6, at 1:29, those that have replied allready if you can check one more time and let me know....I apologize for the error, also, there is another defect later in the cd but not as glaring....thanks,...Mike

Man, wish I could help, I own almost all of the Suncity releases, but this one just did nothing for me so I didn't buy it. I've never had an issue with any of them so far. I hope you guys figure it out though.

Yep, right as the clock hits 1:30 on track 6 I get the little split second blip...

..but if you play it on a computer it does something different, just has no sound for the duration of the skip.....Mike

Mike...I don't have this CD, so I can't check my copy, but the reason your computer has no sound is there is no error correction taking place on your computer drive. Your regular CD player has error correction and attempts to fill in for the missing data.....

Delbert

..but if you play it on a computer it does something different, just has no sound for the duration of the skip.....Mike

Mike...I don't have this CD, so I can't check my copy, but the reason your computer has no sound is there is no error correction taking place on your computer drive. Your regular CD player has error correction and attempts to fill in for the missing data.....

Delbert

Good to know, thanks Del! and thanks to everyone who tested their copy for me, seems i don't have the only one...I really love this cd, an excellent release that I had never heard of before....

There was definitely a manufacturing defect with some of the Jungle Blue cds. We had 3 of them returned to us at Wishing Well. I was able to get a replacement batch from Suncity that wasn't defective. Not everyone who ordered one from us originally returned them, so I don't know if it was the full first run that was defective.

I'm relieved in one way. At least only a few discs were defective. That's a relief. The sad thing is that I have 2 copies that are signed. How can I fix that problem? I want discs that work, but not a chance I'll get rid of my signed covers.

I'm relieved in one way. At least only a few discs were defective. That's a relief. The sad thing is that I have 2 copies that are signed. How can I fix that problem? I want discs that work, but not a chance I'll get rid of my signed covers.

just ask for replacement discs. no need to return the sleeves.

and suncity shouldn't bear the brunt either... the supplier should just print up a new batch of discs if the last batch was defective.