How's your summer going?

Jimbo

Hey gang!

I haven't been around much for the past several weeks. Summer's been crazy for me this year! I can't believe it's almost over already! (And neither can my bummed out kids.) Work's been hectic, but at least I still have a job (it was pretty touch-and-go for awhile). I've gotten a lot of things done around the house (except for purchasing a new grill, which literally blew up in May). I haven't purchased many CDs lately, but have updated my want list. And the family and I have taken several "one-tank trips" to Greenfield Village, some zoos and other places. It's been fun. Anyway, I just wanted to touch base with everyone here and say "hi" and see what everyone else did this summer and what major news I may have missed (like did Geoff finally come out of the closet?). PM me or comment here. Talk to you all soon...

-Jim :)

Summer ? When was summer ?? Not here in Germany ..................... !

:(

Was Geoff ever in the closet? :unsure:

I played a couple shows and have at least one more with Dokken this weekend, hopefully more to come. After playing Sioux Falls, my wife and daughter drove out to the Black Hills and checked out Deadwood, Mt. Rushmore, etc. as well as getting to meet the Widda live and in person, which was very cool. Not to leave anyone else from HH out it was great to see Rick, Chad and Wes AGAIN at DRF, can't wait 'til next year!

Other than that, mostly just working, mowing the lawn, and playing guitar, writing for the next FarCry album, etc.

I hate the constant rain, but I do like the few days in between that are very nice temperature wise as opposed to the Vietnam-like humidity we usually get in the Summer. :)

I played a couple shows and have at least one more with Dokken this weekend, hopefully more to come.

You may be playing with Dokken, but I'M running through the SPRINKLER this weekend! (Now who's jealous?) :crazy:

Anyway, that's really cool! And I can't wait for the next FarCry masterpiece. :)

This summer has been busy as anything for me. This year I decided I wanted to shed some weight and ended up dropping 40lbs so that got things off to a good start. We took a family trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota, partied at Dakota Rock Fest with Chad, Wes and Pete PLUS got to see Pete kick some ass with FarCry! Then it was off to Sturgis for the big biker rally (my first time there) and that was fantastic! Also been taking the children to the pool as often as I can so it's really been a great summer!!

Jim,

Sounds like you stepped back and appreciated life's little things and are having a great summer. That darn rat race can pull us away from the little important things, like sprinkler running, glad to hear all is well with you and yours and that your summer was a good one.

I have been so wrapped up in getting and keeping work that there has been little time for anyone or anything, sure I've nabbed some cd's, if I didn't I would have to kill someone! :) and the family did a few "staycations" (we went to Yakima last week, about a 2 hour drive, to visit a mammoth dig site) but the economy has certainly put a damper on any "real family vacations".

Sadly enough my wife and I are to celebrate 10 magnificent years on 9/9/09 and I really wanted to do something equally as amazing as she did, by marrying and sticking with I big ole 'tard like myself... we shall see, maybe another maxed out credit card is in our near future, you only live once right? and you may as well die debted to the hilt.

My summer sucks. I got fired and all I'm doing is sitting on my ass and getting fat.....now that I think about it, my summer isn't too bad.

this sux bro.even if only digital, you have my sympathy! put some angel witch and grab a beer....

my summer has blown donkey balls. as usual.

except for getting to meet pete and the fam. Jimbo, you need to find the Pete signed my boob thread.

So Pete kept you from blowing a donkey's balls for a short amount of time? Good for Pete.

Was Geoff ever in the closet? :unsure:

Backed.

Well, my summer's been... well, you f*ckers stole it from us. Thankfully it's almost time to give it back. Honestly, though, this has been the best winter I've known for as long as I can remember. Lowest July rainfall in forever and although the mornings are freezing and as soon as the sun goes down the temperature plumments, the days have just been perfect. Temperatures in the low 20's © and nothing but sun. Some spectacular sunsets too in this season, which I usually associate more with summer. Just been a lovely time of year, which is great considering I usually despise winter with every fibre of my being.

Basically poopy Summer here. :(

Spousal unit had total knee replacement surgery in the Spring, so nothing but playing nurse at home......multiple visits to hospital and physical therapy.

No Cedar Point for us this year. :crying:

But...............next year????? :woot:

This summer has pretty much blown goats. It's either been rainy as hell or unseasonably cool. We've been on three weekend RV trips this summer and didn't get to use the pool at any of the campgrounds thus far.

On the other hand, I've been spared the trouble of digging the kids' inflatable pool out of storage and blowing it up too.

Cant wait to get it over with -_-

im not gonna go into too much detail but ive lost every friend i had save for 1 or 2, all for reasons out of my control apparently.....of course i find this hard to believe that someone can lose so many friends in one go without doing something wrong so now im hating myself over it and trying to figure out what i need to change in order to be a better person because no-ones actually told me! (although the girl i was attracted to did say i was too boring :unsure:)

other than that.....auditions, lots of auditions, no acceptances tho (for reasons such as "you're just not going in the same direction as we are" which i later found out from the bands singer who im working with that that actually meant "our rhythm guitarist wasnt comfortable with you being half his age")

what else....oh yea, just learnt that im going to have to have surgery/surgeries on my foot next spring meaning im going to have to walk on one leg for god knows how long....which is gonna be a major pain in the ass in terms of gigging and college -_-

and just when you think you can turn to someone to cheer you up, in this case a girl whos been attracted to me for the last year, you find that you cant even rely on that....in this case i learned she has no interest in me whatsoever now and that nothings ever going to happen between us....woudnt be such a pain cept that she was the only girl who found me attractive -_-

theres more im sure, but ive probably chosen to forget it all, and i dont want to bore you with all of it :)

yknow its just been a year of bad luck for me, ever since i made that thread back in late july.....my life hasnt picked up since then, it just keeps geting worse -_-

yknow its just been a year of bad luck for me, ever since i made that thread back in late july.....my life hasnt picked up since then, it just keeps geting worse -_-

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I hope things pick up for you. And don't worry. As a rhythm guitarist who is probably twice your age, I can tell you things always look a lot less dramatic when seen in twenty-years hindsight.

As for all the other comments, I guess everyone's having very different summers (and winters) but I'm glad everyone seems to be hanging in there. I'll still be peeking in every once in awhile, so hopefully we can chat more later. PM me anytime.

See ya,

-Jimbo :)

I'm really sorry to hear that, man. I hope things pick up for you. And don't worry. As a rhythm guitarist who is probably twice your age, I can tell you things always look a lot less dramatic when seen in twenty-years hindsight.

tbh its all pretty trivial, the main thing thats ruined my summer for me was one of those friends i lost was my best friend, id known her for 10 years, since she was 10 and i was 8!

she moved to London a couple of years ago and we just sorta grew apart, atleast she did....i didnt, i kept tryna keep our relationship together by texting her every now and then and visiting every few months but she got fed up of it, obviously wants to move on....so im still tryna get over that one because it came out of nowhere less than 2 months ago, and she didnt even tell me herself, her sister did! i only heard from her after 3 weeks of texting her to find out if her sis was telling the truth....its a shame because even tho its hard for us to be friends now, she could have given it a couple more years or something, i dont see any reason why we couldnt stay friends for much longer....unless i changed, and i really am that "arrogant c*nt" that everyone seems to refer to me as :unsure:

todays a bad day for me on that front, mum found some old photos that we got developed yesterday and there were pics of us as kids in there....i dont miss her, cause the girl ive known for the last 2 years hasnt been all that interested in me, but i miss the old times, and just having someone to care for -_-

saying that, it was only a few months ago that id wake up to hear the phone ringing and itd be her calling for a chat....i still dont really understand the whole thing, apparently i pressured her into being a best friend....but tbh, all i expected from her was to answer my texts if she had the time and visit when shes here in town :s

i mean im 18, this isnt a huge deal when you look at the bigger picture i guess, i dont have to work, i dont have to pay rent....im relatively healthy..even still, none of that seems to matter right now.....stupid thing is no-one wants to hear an 18 year old crying into his beer about some girl he grew up with, but i had to tell somebody.....i only have one friend i trust left and she's heard it all from me already :P

Goodish summer so far, although all this crap weather gets me down a bit. No too happy after my knee operation, so I haven't been able to do much stuff, or go away on holiday or drive and get around on my own (which I hate). Had 2 1/2 months off work aswell, which may sound like heaven to some, but after a while the boredom sets in, especially when you can't just get up and go out and do stuff. On the positive side of things, we are going away for a week in October to the Lake district and a posh hotel for a break, the band is doing well, with lots of gigs booked to the end of the year, and the Machine/Gun tour might be back on again, with a permanent job as bass player aswell if a couple of things work out (cross fingers) so things are looking up big time.

and the Machine/Gun tour might be back on again, with a permanent job as bass player aswell if a couple of things work out (cross fingers) so things are looking up big time.

that is the best lineup ever, purely because of the name if nothing else!!!

havent a clue who Gun are tbh, but "The Machine Gun Tour"....could have alot of fun with that one :D

On the positive side of things, we are going away for a week in October to the Lake district and a posh hotel for a break

oh that reminds me, we had to cancel our trip to North Wales this weekend :(

my summer really is boring/sucky this year :P

and the Machine/Gun tour might be back on again, with a permanent job as bass player aswell if a couple of things work out (cross fingers) so things are looking up big time.

havent a clue who Gun are tbh, but "The Machine Gun Tour"....could have alot of fun with that one :D

The best line up ever, full stop ;)

It will be a great gig to get, as Gun are a great band, surprised you have never heard of them. Nothing is definite yet, a few things need sorting before they definitely get the dates - they want all the Midlands/South East gigs (including The Pitz) and The London Academy. I may not know for a good few weeks yet of what is going on, but I'll keep people posted of what is happening, if anything.

It will be a great gig to get, as Gun are a great band, surprised you have never heard of them. Nothing is definite yet, a few things need sorting before they definitely get the dates - they want all the Midlands/South East gigs (including The Pitz) and The London Academy. I may not know for a good few weeks yet of what is going on, but I'll keep people posted of what is happening, if anything.

If the Pitz gig happens and its after i get paid i may have to go along :tumbsup:

If the Pitz gig happens and its after i get paid i may have to go along :tumbsup:

Friday November 27th.

Friday November 27th.

couldnt be better timing :D

Ill buy ya a beer if you're up for it :drink: