Tango Down - Damage Control

heaven&hell

Anyone else besides Chad and myself have this one yet?

If you love Melodic Hard Rock then this is for you.

Every song is a winner especially "Empty Hole", "All Fall Down", "I'm Done Lovin You", "I Can't Wait", "The Light" and "Waiting For You".

Of course with this being on Kivel Records the production is top notch as always.

New lead vocalist Alex Barbieri really brings something special to the mix with a great voice and after seeing the band at DRF he's a heck of a frontman as well.

This is highly recommended for all fans of Hard Rock that has melody. :tumbsup:

http://www.myspace.com/tangodown

I know there's a thread around somewhere started by Kivel but I couldn't find it.

Ok, I've been spinning this CD steady since it arrived 1-2 weeks ago. I agree with Wes, this is a kick ass CD overall.

Of the 11 songs there are 5 that I can't stop playing:

Empty Hole

I Can't Wait

I'm Done Lovin' You

The Light

Waiting For You

Each of these songs are great rock tunes in the 80's hard rock style. They would have fit right in with Dokken, Bon Jovi, Skid Row, etc. back in the good ol' days. Big choruses, great guitar work and attention to detail on everything from the solo's to the backing vocals. Good production and great inserts, with a booklet containing lyrics, band pics and credits.

The other songs are pretty damn good as well. Radio, Step By Step, and I Wanna are good rockers.

I could do without Intoxicated and the Change cover.

I can say I'll be looking forward to the next release from Tango Down.

Oh and thanks Wes for this thread that got me to check out their My Space page which got me out to Kivel to order some cd's. I knew the Farcry would be great and so far I'm really diggin' the first half of Bombay Black's Mercy. I hope to start spinnin' this one front to back completely in the next few weeks.

Oh and thanks Wes for this thread that got me to check out their My Space page which got me out to Kivel to order some cd's. I knew the Farcry would be great and so far I'm really diggin' the first half of Bombay Black's Mercy. I hope to start spinnin' this one front to back completely in the next few weeks.

I like Mercy as well, I like all the BB stuff, but Mercy might actually be my favorite...

I like Mercy as well, I like all the BB stuff, but Mercy might actually be my favorite...

Well I guess I'm going to have to get Mercy.

Well I guess I'm going to have to get Mercy.

You and me both.

• 2 weeks later...

'Mercy' is 10 times better than the other Bombay Black albums put together, imo. :)

As for 'Damage Control', this is great stuff. Probably the "heaviest" I've heard from Kivel yet. Has a good ballsy early Firehouse kind of vibe, except a little more aggressive. Digging it.

'Mercy' is 10 times better than the other Bombay Black albums put together, imo. :)

As for 'Damage Control', this is great stuff. Probably the "heaviest" I've heard from Kivel yet. Has a good ballsy early Firehouse kind of vibe, except a little more aggressive. Digging it.

it bored the pants off me. sorry.

• 2 months later...

Still loving this disc, holding up to repeated spins excellently.

I could just picture 'Can't Wait' alongside a song like Winger's 'Easy come easy go' in the charts 20 years ago. 'All Fall Down' almost has a Skid Row vibe, 'Change' reminds of Firehouse... overall, this CD seems to take some of the best moments straight out of late 80's / early 90's hard rock and put it on display for us all to enjoy. Great album.

I could just picture 'Can't Wait' alongside a song like Winger's 'Easy come easy go' in the charts 20 years ago. 'All Fall Down' almost has a Skid Row vibe, 'Change' reminds of Firehouse... overall, this CD seems to take some of the best moments straight out of late 80's / early 90's hard rock and put it on display for us all to enjoy. Great album.

I'm still loving it to. You do realize that "Change" is a John Waite cover don't you?

But I do agree with your comparisons and the band was great live and the disc is one of my favs for the year but not quite as good as FarCry IMO but still one of the better Kivel discs yet.

I'm still loving it to. You do realize that "Change" is a John Waite cover don't you?

No, didn't realise that at all. :( Which Waite disc is that from? No wonder I love it, though.

No, didn't realise that at all. :( Which Waite disc is that from? No wonder I love it, though.

Not sure what disc it is(Ignition?) but it was his huge hit in the States and what he was pretty much known for prior to Bad English and I guess he was known somewhat for the Babys before going solo as well.

Big grower for me this disc. Still a couple which fall flat, but overall really like this now.

'Im done Lovin...........' is still the best song IMO....and one of my fav songs this year.

Big grower for me this disc. Still a couple which fall flat, but overall really like this now.

'Im done Lovin...........' is still the best song IMO....and one of my fav songs this year.

Yeah, that's still my fave too. Monster track.

• 7 years later...

The second release out of 5. All of them solid stuff.

Releases:

Take 1 (2005)
Damage Control (2009)
Identity Crisis (2012)
Charming Devil (2014)
Bulletproof (2016)

519VX0le2EL.jpg

Tracks:

1. Empty Hole
2. Can't Wait
3. All Fall Down
4. I'm Done Loving You
5. Change
6. Step By Step
7. Radio
8. The Light
9. Waiting For You
10. I Wanna...!
11. Intoxicated

Love it, but Identity Crisis is my favorite.