05. The Plan (3:10)

06. Murder By Pride ((3:18)

07. I Believe (3:43)

08. Run In You (4:15)

09. Love Is Why (4:07)

10. Mercy Over Blame (4:07)

11. Everything (4:26)

12. My Love (3:14)

So has anyone else heard this one yet? Any thoughts?

Stryper are a funny mob to me. The only really good thing they've ever done is 'Against the Law' but for some reason I still anticipate their releases. 'Reborn' was a pretty decent disc, as was 'In God We Trust'. The rest all have one or two good songs but are mostly filler-packed. So why do I still expect good things from them? That's anyone's guess.

Anyway, the new album is, well, okay. I think it's actually better than 'Reborn'. It has a bit more of the traditional Stryper sound. Some really cool solos too. But really, it's not that great. But it's Stryper, so why should it be? :lol: It's a bit rawer too... not bad. Give it a go, I guess. 'Peace of mind' has a cool chorus melody but the verses are awful! But that seems to be my favourite track so far.

I agree completely with you Geoff. This is more of the retro sound for Stryper and is better than "Reborn". I like it and all but nothing really stood out. I'd give it a 7/10.

I haven't picked this one up yet...But the couple songs they did at Rocklahoma sounded pretty good. I'll tell ya, I caught Strypers sound check at Rocklahoma and M. Sweet is still a great vocalist. I was watching the sound check from over at Lillian Axe's tour bus and Steve Blaze mentioned that M. Sweet was one of his favorite vocalist.

I'll be picking this Stryper release up after I rest a few days... :beerbang:

'Peace of mind' has a cool chorus melody but the verses are awful! But that seems to be my favourite track so far.

LOL....that's a Boston cover version!!!! From the year 1976....you know when they didnt make any good music!!

So you see you do like music pre 1984.....that is when you bother to listen to it ! :whistle:

Anyway, you are of course quite right that it is the best track (by far)....says it all really.

'Peace of mind' has a cool chorus melody but the verses are awful! But that seems to be my favourite track so far.

LOL....that's a Boston cover version!!!! From the year 1976....you know when they didnt make any good music!!

So you see you do like music pre 1984.....that is when you bother to listen to it ! :whistle:

Haha, Wait for the - 'But....' :whistle:

You know there's going to be one. :whistle:

Man you guys are useless. :lol: So I say a song with terrible verses has a good chorus and suddenly I like everything recorded before 1984???

For the record, I generally hate cover songs but if you guys think this is the first new version of an old song I like you're dreaming. One of my favourite Lillian Axe songs is 'My Number'. As I said before, the reason I hate pre-1984 music is exactly the same as why I hate rap or dance music. It all just sounds like shit - it doesn't matter what style of song etc. etc. I can't stand the actual sound of it (with pre-noted exceptions of Ratt, Motley Crue and 'Ain't talkin' 'bout love').

Before you clowns go trying to prove a point again, I suggest a better lead off line from me than 'Peace of mind' has a cool chorus melody but the verses are awful!' If you're that desperate to see me fall at least wait until I use the word "good" to describe said song in question. Hey, you can even use 'My Number' by Lillian Axe (Girl) if you want! ;)

How can I soar with eagles when I'm stumbling around with dodos?

Man you guys are useless. :lol: So I say a song with terrible verses has a good chorus and suddenly I like everything recorded before 1984???

For the record, I generally hate cover songs but if you guys think this is the first new version of an old song I like you're dreaming. One of my favourite Lillian Axe songs is 'My Number'. As I said before, the reason I hate pre-1984 music is exactly the same as why I hate rap or dance music. It all just sounds like shit - it doesn't matter what style of song etc. etc. I can't stand the actual sound of it (with pre-noted exceptions of Ratt, Motley Crue and 'Ain't talkin' 'bout love').

Before you clowns go trying to prove a point again, I suggest a better lead off line from me than 'Peace of mind' has a cool chorus melody but the verses are awful!' If you're that desperate to see me fall at least wait until I use the word "good" to describe said song in question. Hey, you can even use 'My Number' by Lillian Axe (Girl) if you want! ;)

How can I soar with eagles when I'm stumbling around with dodos?

ha ha - just the response I expected. Excellent :lol:

As I said before, the reason I hate pre-1984 music is exactly the same as why I hate rap or dance music. It all just sounds like shit - it doesn't matter what style of song etc. etc. I can't stand the actual sound of it (with pre-noted exceptions of Ratt, Motley Crue and 'Ain't talkin' 'bout love').

Hmmm - Can anyone smell something! ;)

I try to understand you mate, I really do, but the time has come to give up!

I picked this up at Walmart for $9. I've given it a few spins and I think its a pretty good disc. Favorite tracks are 4 Leaf Clover, Eclipse of the Son, and the title track. I think that most old school Stryper fans will be pleased.

• 2 weeks later...
Why is Robert Sweet not on this?

According to the band/instrument listing in the liner notes he IS on it....

Why is Robert Sweet not on this?

According to the band/instrument listing in the liner notes he IS on it....

ive read reviews he isnt?

weird

Well, according to several sites I looked at (such as: http://www.answers.com/topic/murder-by-pride )

Robert did NOT play on the album. Drums were provided by Kenny Aronoff. Weird part is that Kenny only gets a mention under the "Additonal Musician Credits" in the liner notes. It looks like if he had provided the drums on the album, he would have been fully credited for them, with a note saying that Robert would be the touring drummer. Kinda misleading info from the band there....