Which artist or song..

Wotty

Which album and/or artist of any other music genre,are you secretly partial to.You know,the ones we're supposed to dislike,but can't stop singing along to,or watching the video til the end.......

Mine is.......

Artist - Alison Moyet

CD - 80s Jazz-funk nightclub music...............Ow.Get down :bananamac::banana:

Go on,it's a bit of fun !!!!!

Um, so I kinda like that Nick Lachey album. Some good Modern Rock (lite) on that - with the usual Max Martin/Andreas Carlsson etc, writing all the songs. :anon:

Anyway, as you were...

Not that it's that far out of our genre as to me anyway their just a rock n roll band but my guilty pleasure would be Pearl Jam. I know I'm supposed to hate them and all since they supposedly single handely ruined our fav music but I think they are a great rock n roll band with a good singer that writes great lyrics and guitar player(Mike McCready) who can flat out play.

Also I really liked Creed on their first two albums, especially the first one.

Of course they have now reunited and are working on a new album but I still prefer the awesome Alter Bridge to Creed.

Not really...but I've been known to listen to Tom Petty on occasion.....does that count..?

Nothing wrong with Tom Petty IMO as I have his Greatest Hits and every tune is great.

I also have Steve Miller Band's greatest hits, both The Eagles greatest hits, and The Cars debut that would probably fit into guilty pleasures but I haven't listened to any of these discs for many years.

I have a wide variety of musical tastes from Tool and Rage Against The Machine to classic stuff like Springsteen and The Eagles. I also like some of Eminem's stuff and some Marilyn Manson. I also love ambient jazz. Not the big band stuff but alot of the newer stuff.

I have a wide variety of musical tastes from Tool and Rage Against The Machine to classic stuff like Springsteen and The Eagles. I also like some of Eminem's stuff and some Marilyn Manson. I also love ambient jazz. Not the big band stuff but alot of the newer stuff.

I used to play Manson quite a bit and still have his first four releases up through 'Mechanical Animals'. :tumbsup:

Not really...but I've been known to listen to Tom Petty on occasion.....does that count..?

Nothing wrong with Tom Petty IMO as I have his Greatest Hits and every tune is great.

I also have Steve Miller Band's greatest hits, both The Eagles greatest hits, and The Cars debut that would probably fit into guilty pleasures but I haven't listened to any of these discs for many years.

Yep, love all of that stuff, especially The Cars - Heartbeat City

Ya know what, I have no guilty secrets as I have never been embarassed by any band or song that I like.

It doesnt matter to me how cheesy or non-credible an artist is, if I like it, I dont care who knows.

I have songs on my MP3 player by pretty much anybody and everything.

Granted, if I hate a band, its highly unlikely they will put in appearance (Coldplay, REM etc), but theres artists out there that I might like a single song by, even though its probably a band or artists I normally dislike material by.

The minute you start being embarassed about like something, is the minute you start giving too much of a damn about what other people think and not what matters.

I think there are only about 4 groups in my collection I am truly embarrassed about:

Busted ; horrible teeny pop rock but I'll be f*cked if there are not some really, really catchy, big hooks and melodies here. I want to get them out of my collection and I do barely listen to them... but there are some genuinely nice moments on these 2 discs.

BB Mak ; more pop rock, almost so light some put up the boy band argument. The vocal harmonies here and some of these songs... very nice stuff. Not all great, but I like their 2nd CD.

Invertigo ; again, pop rock but it's almost got a "dancey" kind of vibe. Again, some truly excellent melodies and gigantic hooks, but not exactly a CD I'm proud of owning.

The Darkness ; In my defence, this debut has been on my sale/trade list forever. I truly despise this band but needed to hear what it was all about. Bought it for about $2 and there is nothing even remotely redeeming about it aside from that one song, 'Growing on me', which I do really like.

I used to play Manson quite a bit and still have his first four releases up through 'Mechanical Animals'. :tumbsup:

I like Me some Manson too, but I gotta be in the right mood for it.. I Heard clips from His upcoming album.. Doesn't sound too bad..... :tumbsup:

Yeah I have those 3 as well but I don't listen to them either.....the Cars sound really dated but the Eagles and Steve M are still listenable....