WILD STREET

LV KIX

I went up to the Retrospect show in Jersey this past Saturday night. What a great night it was. The night started with Julliet's Vice taking the stage. At first I wasn't sure I liked them... but as the set went on they seemed to get better. Retrospect artist Midnight Hero was the second band up... very good band. Third up was Krank who I'd seen maybe 15 years ago. All I can say is... Over The Top. Straight ahead in your face rock 'n' roll. Last up was Wild Street. I haven't seen a newer band in years who can stand up to Wild Street... and I've see tons of bands over the years. This band is gonna blow Rocklahoma apart. Wild Street has everything it takes to make a dent in the music world. I'm serious when I say that if this band had been around in the mid to late 80's they would be a household name. I've not been this psyched about a band in years. The Wild Street CD is very good... but what a great live band.

If you haven't checked them out yet... you should do so. http://www.myspace.com/wildstreet

And, of course, the disc is available through RETROSPECT RECORDS.... http://retrospectrecords.com/index2.html

Hey thanks for the review man! Glad to hear that it was a good show and that everything went well....

I have to agree with ya about Wilstreet too....I just got their CD this past weekend and absolutely love it! These guys deserve a lot of recogniton.... they are keepin' real rock n' roll alive!

:drink:

Dave and Paul S , thanks for joining me on a very enjoyable night. Sorry you couldn't make it Brian J - maybe Atlantic City in July?

Guys , I have to totally back LV Kix on his analysis of Wildstreet.

I've seen a LOT of bands in the past 20 years (Heaven's Wish and Frontrunner being stand-outs) but nobody (with maybe the exception of Steel Panther - lol) , has made me jump out of my shoes like Wildstreet. These kids just have that "it" factor that we have waited forever for. Please support these kids , they are just unbelievable and lit the place up.

Krank were really good too - pure Metal! Midnight Hero was solid with their vocalist still having a good set of pipes.

Wildstreet has a bright future - I have to get them on a killer tour....

ROCK ON

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, just my Wildstreet CD today... thanks Sam! What a blast this disc is! Like Lights Out on the Playground-era Baton Rouge mixed with Loud & Clear of course, DEF LEPPARD! Big sounds, seemingly thousands of layered vocals mixed together for a huge, high-impact, faceful of rock the likes of which have been missing from the scene for years.

Yeah, just my Wildstreet CD today... thanks Sam! What a blast this disc is! Like Lights Out on the Playground-era Baton Rouge mixed with Loud & Clear of course, DEF LEPPARD! Big sounds, seemingly thousands of layered vocals mixed together for a huge, high-impact, faceful of rock the likes of which have been missing from the scene for years.

Baton Rouge and Loud N' Clear? All I hear is 100% through and through Def Leppard. ;) Oh, and some BB Steal. :lol:

Baton Rouge and Loud N' Clear? All I hear is 100% through and through Def Leppard. ;) Oh, and some BB Steal. :lol:

It's always interesting how people hear different things...

To me Wildstreet sounds like Def Leppard meets Enuff Z' Nuff meets Hanoi Rocks.

Any way you slice it... The Wildstreet release is a pretty solid effort. :beerbang:

It's always interesting how people hear different things...

To me Wildstreet sounds like Def Leppard meets Enuff Z' Nuff meets Hanoi Rocks.

Exactly the reason why I usually keep out of these "what does it sound like ?" discussions. Everybody hears something else in most cases. But Wildstreet does seem to be right down my alley ...

Okay, my apologies to Koogles. 'Hard on you' is pure Baton Rouge.

The rest, though, Def Leppard all the way. :)

Seriously, 'For So Long' and 'Hysteria'/'Love and affection'... uh, I mean 'Open up your eyes' are two of the best songs I have heard all year. Just simply stunning.

My only issue with this disc is I kind of wish the release had been made once the band had 10 full songs to go with. With an instrumental and an acoustic version of 'Soldier of love', at 7 songs it's maybe a little short.

BUT, I should add that the instrumental is actually the best I have heard is SOOO long. Usually I skip them after one spin, but I don't think I will skip this one. Just love it.

Jersey???? Where was this show? Damm, wish I had knew about it....

I actually forgot the name of the town... but the place was called The Pennant. It was about 25 mins from Philly.

boy, that sucks...I live about 5 minutes from the place, I pass it everyday on the way home from work, I always check out the marque, Sat it only said orginal music, too bad they didn't list any of the bands..... maybe someone can post a message on any future Retrospect label shows...

boy, that sucks...I live about 5 minutes from the place, I pass it everyday on the way home from work, I always check out the marque, Sat it only said orginal music, too bad they didn't list any of the bands..... maybe someone can post a message on any future Retrospect label shows...

Come to think of it... I believe Wildstreet was playing Jersey again tonight (Friday). I know they are playing Maryland on Sunday.

Gotta be honest here, I haven't cared for many of Retrospect's reissues thus far, but Wild Street, the label's first original release, sounds pretty good to these rock-cravin' ears. Very Def Leppardish--hell, the Leps wish they still sounded this good--with gobs of hooks & harmonies. Sure, we've heard this style before, but just because I ate steak last week doesn't mean I won't enjoy it again this week...and this steak isn't dull or plain or boring, it's got tasty garnishments (i.e., those aforementioned hooks/harmonies). As soon as I find some disposable income (damn diapers and formula) I'll be picking this puppy up.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess that this is as good of a place as any to post a couple photos of Wildstreet that I shot at Rocklahoma. So... Here they are: http://wildstreetatrocklahoma2009.bravehost.com/

what was the turnout like?

looking at those stage shots it looks lkie there's no-one at the front of the stage.

Well... I only took pictures at the first Wildstreet show which happened to be the very first band to play the whole festival. Thursday at noon... Alot of people hadn't arrived yet. Thursday was the day that the "heavier" bands played (Overkill, Metal Church, and Anthrax). When Wildstreet closed the festival on Sunday night after Twisted Sister they had a very good crowd.

what was the turnout like?

looking at those stage shots it looks lkie there's no-one at the front of the stage.

Well... I only took pictures at the first Wildstreet show which happened to be the very first band to play the whole festival. Thursday at noon... Alot of people hadn't arrived yet. Thursday was the day that the "heavier" bands played (Overkill, Metal Church, and Anthrax). When Wildstreet closed the festival on Sunday night after Twisted Sister they had a very good crowd.

Any others photos from the rest of the festival?

• 3 months later...

I am sooo late getting on the wildstreet bandwagon. What's wrong with me. I got this in the mail today and color me impressed. Too bad you only get like seven songs. But they definitely packed a lot of punch in those few songs. Loved those harmony vocals.

I am sooo late getting on the wildstreet bandwagon. What's wrong with me. I got this in the mail today and color me impressed. Too bad you only get like seven songs. But they definitely packed a lot of punch in those few songs. Loved those harmony vocals.

Yup this is good stuff and I'd like to set Joe Elliot down and tell him this is what Def Leppard should be sounding like.

Jersey???? Where was this show? Damm, wish I had knew about it....

I actually forgot the name of the town... but the place was called The Pennant. It was about 25 mins from Philly.

one mile from me, that was a great show!!!!!! Paul

Anyone who is in this thread with adoration, make sure you check out Grand Design - 'Time elevation' from this year. More Def Leppard than Def Leppard themselves.