Female Artists/Bands...

I was reading through the Halestorm thread and noticed that everyone's kind of split on digging female fronted bands/artists. I know that we've never sold any female artists (other than Robin Beck) in large quantities at Wishing Well. I can't even get some of my best friends listen to some new female fronted stuff just once! I'm just wondering what it is about female artists/bands that puts off some of you guys?

My favorite female artists/bands:

Heart

Lee Aaron

Saraya

Darby Mills/Headpins

Toronto

Patty Smyth

I think female fronted bands are the same as male bands, theres some good ones and some shit ones.

Sadly though, some people are still of the blinkered mindset that women cannot rock!

Itsnot that its a hard sale, I think there are just so many more male fronted bands, the pool gets tainted, I just posted about an awesome one, Skunk Anansie, I think if you have the right women a female vocalist can be better then a male, Damone is a totally fucking smokin new band, I loved Alyson Avenue,

Saraya

Harlow

Warlock

Gyspy Queen

Headpins

Fanny

Scandal

Witness

Vixen

And how could I forget about Lacuna Coil, a tremendous female fronted Italian NU-Metal Band, and she's smokin hot

I think its just a case that there has been far far fewer female fronted bands over the years. & then when you consider that only a % of them will be any good you are only left with a handful which really do the business. Some of my favs have been

Saraya

Heart

Sass Jordan

Witness

Harlow

Nightwish

Mostly Autumn

Skunk Anansie

Within Temptation

but like I say its bad when you are struggling to name more than 10 off the top of your head. Those mentioned above though are pretty killer IMO.

I've always liked female fronted bands and even have a playlist on my Ipod for such:

Harlow

Toronto

Joanna Dean/ Bad Romance

Heart

Femme Fatale

Alexa

Laos

Annica

Darby Mills/ Headpins

Saraya

Ransom

Cell Mates

Fiona

Robin Beck

Chrissy Steel

Witness

Storm

Betsy

Red Siren

Romeo's Daughter

.....and more.

Some of my picks I still listen to on a regular basis.

Heart

Toronto

Aina

Witness

Agnes

Storm

Robin Beck

Reckless

Headpins

Tane Cain

Judie Tzuke

Benedictum

Nightwish

Private Line

Quarterflash

Chrissy Steele

Lisa Dalbello

Fiona

Girlschool

Holly Knight/ Spider/ Device

Sarah McLachlan

Alannah Myles

Stevie Nicks

Lee Aaron

I cant even hazard a guess at the amount of female fronted bands in my collection, but the ones off the top of my head that stand out are:

Lita Ford

Lee Aaron

Doro

Allison

Harlow

Saraya

Heart

Marion Raven

GoldyLocks

Joan Jett

The Runaways

Vixen

Phantom Blue

The Iron Maidens

Jaime Kyle

Liz Larin

Precious Metal

Hydrogyn

Chrissy Steele

Susie Hatton

Sass Jordan

Headpins

Fiona

Avril Lavigne (I dont care how sad that sounds)

Romeos Daughter

Girlschool

Radar

Jackie Bodimead

Jodi Bongiovi

Dante Fox

The Donnas

Femme Fatale

Mothers Finest

Alannah Myles

Private Life

Skew Siskin

Theres probably loads of others I have forgotten, but all these bands/artists are played a lot by men!

I forgot, she's not exactly hard rock, she's kind of got her own style but Jane Jensen is my fav of all time,alsoPleasure BombsSass JordanSkew SiskenFleetwood Macwho's that progressive band with the chick singer, I only heard a few of their songs but they sounded tight?

I don't think anyone's mentioned Damone...killer band IMO.

Aside from that, some of my favourites would be:

Saraya

Alannah Myles

Robin Beck

Lee Aaron

Dante Fox

Private Life

Vixen

Joan Jett

Annica

I don't think anyone's mentioned Damone...

I did, check out the the 4th post, I made sure I gave them credit!

...not mentioned yet:

SAHARA :bowdown:

There are heaps of threads with female bands listed so I won't bother with that, but to answer the questions at the start of this thread.

I was one of the dudes in the Halestorm thread saying that I'm not generally a fan of female fronted rock. I too have asked myself why. Surely it's better to listen to a sexy female voice over a dood's voice? But for me it's not. For me, it's pretty simple. I like music I can relate to. I like to be in the moment of the song, and generally, with a female singing about a dude's hard penis entering her or she misses a dude's hard penis entering her (as they often do) I can't be there with her. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I have plenty of female fronted bands - every single good one mentioned in this thread - and do not avoid them. But if you ask me point blank, I plain and simply prefer male frotned bands every single time. Without question. :)

And it has nothing at all to do with a belief that "women can't rock".

Geoff would rather relate to putting a penis in a chick! by the way geoff what cds are u listening to? chicks singing about penises getting put in them? L'Trimm?