Good, bad or just garbage?

I bought a cd recently. The description was good. The cd is in very good condition but the inserts look like :

goodq.jpg

I think description is needless... It has it all. Holes, cuts, oils etc... The front insert is in a "little better" condition.

Cd's cost was $15 so the question is : Is the price for a cd in that condition reasonable? I don't think even if it costs $2... Is that an acceptable condition to sale a cd? What's my next steps? Share your thoughts please...

Thanks for your time.

Good lord!! :yikes:

If I paid good $ for a CD and the inserts were THAT messed up when it showed up, I'd smash the whole deal - CD, jewel case, etc. -- with a hammer and mail the pieces back to the seller one at a time, C.O.D.

But that's just me.

PS. Was it the new Farcry disc?

Yes, that's the special edition, I'm sending one just like that to you.

Haha - Are you adding some extra special 'Stains' to Geoff's copy?

Unavoidable. Every time I think about him, stains are produced.

Farcry? Definitely not. Thanks for your opinions. So what I have to do? Any suggestions or it's the first time you saw such a bad condition?

How did you pay for it?

If by paypal than a dispute will bring back your $.

Otherwise, I'd guess contacting the seller is in order and venting you frustrations.

If no remedy can be made than a good ole' smear campain should ensue. :)

If someone had the nerve to send me that, I would jump up and down frantically on their head and then hit them repeatedly in the groinal area with a large, studded baseball bat (make that cricket bat, it would be more classy). ;)

Seriously though. I expect a little wear and tear in a 2nd hand disc, but that is stretching the boundaries somewhat. Demand you money back for sure.

I bought a cd recently. The description was good. The cd is in very good condition but the inserts look like :

goodq.jpg

I think description is needless... It has it all. Holes, cuts, oils etc... The front insert is in a "little better" condition.

Cd's cost was $15 so the question is : Is the price for a cd in that condition reasonable? I don't think even if it costs $2... Is that an acceptable condition to sale a cd? What's my next steps? Share your thoughts please...

Thanks for your time.

That`s shocking mate :hammer:

:wub: Same here.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I'm laughing my ass off but you guys truely are sick!

I'm laughing my ass off but you guys truely are sick!

They are a terrible influence on me!! :whistle:

I have had a few water damaged CDs here and there, but they have all been fairly tame compared to that picture.

If I recieved that, especially after paying that much, I would certainly be after a refund!

Yipe! That goes a little bit beyond "water damage"... the thing is missing pieces!

That being said, I have sold discs with water damage for real money, but I have always revealed the damage in the listing.

Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370169715035

I clearly outline both the cutout notch and the water damage in the notes. Furthermore, before shipping the disc, I contacted the buyer and asked to make sure he had read the notes and was ok with the water damage. He said yes.

Previously, someone else had made an offer, but when I contacted him and asked if he had seen the notes, he said no and withdrew his offer.

Here's another:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370177511642

You can sell things like this as long as you reveal all the flaws IN ADVANCE.

But if the first time you get any indication that there are problems is when you open the parcel, then a serious THWAP is in order.

-Dan

those auctions look similar to the water damaged CDs I have, ie very minor.

Yeah, the mad keen collector, they are probably worth missing, but to someone who wants a CD for the music and is willing to accept some damage to the paperwork as long as its complete, then this condition is acceptable.

The one pictured at the top is certainly not acceptable, especially if there was no disclosure of this in the first place!

Thanks to all the guys who posted their opinions here & thank to those who don't (it means a lot :spchewie: ).

I don't have the aim to post his name or to begin a smear campain (!) (haha Terry you rule my friend!!) because as I said he is a big seller & it doesn't make sense. If I'll write for example that martinsane is a bad trader you will avoid Terry for future trades? I don't think so...

I asked for a partial refund of $11-$12 so to keep the cd. I think my offer was VERY reasonable because all we can understand that $3 + $1-$2 from shipping costs he still has a profit. He suggested to give me $10, I insisted of my first email & he respond : "ok I'll send you $11 as you asked in your original email!" But still nothing. After 1-2 emails & "sorries" still nothing. What is that to prevent a seller who earns a lot of $$ every day to give me the partial refund so to take back some of the paypal fees he paid as well??