Inglorious Bastards

Dark Star

just a nitpick, isnt the title "Inglourious Basterds"?

anyways, just watched a trailer on youtube (with Brad Pitt talking to the lineup of American soldiers?) looks brutal!!

i cant wait for this to come out, maybe itll be the first 18 rated movie i see at the cinema :tumbsup:

Outdated Flash player on this PC so I can't see the vid... but then I kinda hate Quentin Tarantino anyway so I'll most likely pass.

When Tarantino goes in front of the camera, it's enough to make me sick to my stomach. He has all the non-acting talents of Tom Arnold and gives the word "amateurish" a new meaning. I recall seeing some fawning ass-kisser interviewing Tarantino when some shitty movie he acted in came out, and the guy was gushing about how much Tarantino had improved as an actor when it was painfully obvious from the clip that a puppet had more screen presence and charisma. The guy stopped just short of practically offering to give Tarantino a handjob right then and there on the set. As for his directing, it's not my cup of tea - I'm not much for bloodbaths.

When Tarantino goes in front of the camera, it's enough to make me sick to my stomach. He has all the non-acting talents of Tom Arnold and gives the word "amateurish" a new meaning. I recall seeing some fawning ass-kisser interviewing Tarantino when some shitty movie he acted in came out, and the guy was gushing about how much Tarantino had improved as an actor when it was painfully obvious from the clip that a puppet had more screen presence and charisma. The guy stopped just short of practically offering to give Tarantino a handjob right then and there on the set. As for his directing, it's not my cup of tea - I'm not much for bloodbaths.

Ahhh, another Tarantino hater! Thought I was the only one! :banger:

I have avoided anything with Tarantino's name on it ever since I saw (and hated) "Pulp Fiction," for which I maintain Quentin still owes me two and a half hours of my life that I will never get back... <_<

While I agree, Tarantino is not the best actor in the world

That gets my vote for understatement of the year. I'm fairly certain one could draw a simplistic face in magic marker on a balloon, and it would deliver a more credible take than Tarantino is capable of. His "performances" are so incredibly awful that they rate several notches below grade school pageant level. The simplest of lines, calling for the basest of expressions are beyond his grasp; they are delivered like a dyslexic reading from cue cards. How any producer with an eye for acting talent can put that schlep in front of the camera is a lesson in "It's not who you know; it's who you blow". The WORST actor I've ever seen in a big budget production - bar none. He makes Sophia Coppola seem like Meryl Streep in comparison.

I have avoided anything with Tarantino's name on it ever since I saw (and hated) "Pulp Fiction," for which I maintain Quentin still owes me two and a half hours of my life that I will never get back... <_<

2 years that ive been on here and you havent said one thing ive disagreed with.....until now :yikes:

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece!!

I gotta admit I DO love Pulp Fiction.. But I also know it's not for everyone.... :tumbsup:

I love "Pulp Fiction" as well but didn't dig the "Kill Bill" series. And he did direct the best episode so far of "C.S.I."......

Pulp Fiction is a masterpiece!!

All I'm gonna say about "Pulp Fiction" is: Overhyped. Crap.

• 4 months later...

As a director, I tend to really dislike his stuff with the exception of Pulp fiction, which I like.

Jackie Brown, Kill Bill & Reservoir dogs were overrated tripe.

But other films he has been involved with, most notably Robert Rodriguez films such as From dusk til dawn and Desperado, I tend to find enjoyable.

When he only has a production, acting or writer credit, films tend to be good.

When he is directing and has his hand in everything else as well, they tend to be self indulgent wank.

I actually wasnt impressed with Pulp fiction initially, but that one has grown on me.

Still wouldnt say its a particular fave of mine, but it is a decent film.

Before I got into Pulp Fiction, a friend of mine who knew how much I disliked Taratino, suggested I watch Kill Bill as its entirely different, and I would really like it.

I gave it a try, and I have to say he was right about one thing, it was entirely different as it was even worse than any other Tarantino film I had seen so far.

As for Death Proof, I have yet to find anyone who likes that shit, even some Tarantino fans I know, think its dire shite of the worst kind!

Whats the purpose of this film????

I thought SAVING PRIVATE RYAN was the ultimate war movie, which showed the horror of D-DAY.

This film looks like it's FRIDAY THE 13th wrapped in a war movie.

BRAD PITT (IFUL) acts like a moron!!!!

Like the KILL BILL movies, I'm gonna pass....

Whats the purpose of this film????

I thought SAVING PRIVATE RYAN was the ultimate war movie, which showed the horror of D-DAY.

This film looks like it's FRIDAY THE 13th wrapped in a war movie.

BRAD PITT (IFUL) acts like a moron!!!!

Like the KILL BILL movies, I'm gonna pass....

Yes I loved Saving Private Ryan...but I thought Full Metal Jacket was much, much better.

I love Resevoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction, not a huge fan of any of his other movies, I loved Natural Born Killers, I do have to respect the fact that no matter how bad of an actor he is, ive never gone to see a movie specifically cause he was acting in it! and to his credit he's never stooped so low as to put Dick Cage in any of his movies!!!! and thats something I respect about any Director!