Steve Plunkett - My Attitude

Shawn Of Fire

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yeah, I remember just stumbling across this one in a cd store when it came out. I never even heard he was having a solo release. I didn't know what to expect but I picked it up anyway. Different than Autograph but still a pretty good release. It got some regular rotation in my player back then. I haven't heard it in a while now. I'm going to have to dig it out and give it a listen again.

Great album! Now that some time has passed I really hate the production/ sound though. Way too slick for my tastes but still a great album. The ballad When the Tables Turn was all over the radio back in the day. Never took off from there though...

I absolutely love this album.

This is basically the same style and sound as Sic Vikki's Kiss Me In French album which Plunkett also had a hand in.

Same production sound as well. Which I disagree with the post above.....I absolutely love the big polished production with the bombastic drums, and heavy guitars.

I heard "When the Tables Turn" on radio and bought the cassette single and played the heck out of it and finally picked up the disc years later. The other big ballad that EMN covered "If I Had My Way" was great too. Over all the cd is very good but there are a few fillers especially the horrible cover of "Louie Louie".

Funny that Steve/Autograph comes up today... the video for Autograph's "Blondes in Black Cars" came on VH1 Classic earlier this afternoon. I hadn't thought about that band in ages.

I heard "When the Tables Turn" on radio and bought the cassette single and played the heck out of it and finally picked up the disc years later. The other big ballad that EMN covered "If I Had My Way" was great too. Over all the cd is very good but there are a few fillers especially the horrible cover of "Louie Louie".

You can only make that song sound so good...they did a good job but I hate the song.

I think this one is pretty good as well. Here's some more info on the bonus tracks.

Thanks for the info on the bonus tracks. :tumbsup: But now that I see it includes two more versions of Louie Louie, I can stick with my original. I agree with Mullethead. They did all they could with it but the original is just a shit song to begin with.

I love Autograph but this one flew under the radar for me. I think I finally caught wind of it 5 or 6 years after its initial release and it instantly became my favorite new cd that year.

If you are into Autograph/Plunk definitely check out Sic Vikki's first cd. Plunk cowrites most (all?) of the songs with singer Richie Cox and the backing vocals are eerily similar to that of Autograph.

Love this disc. 'Every little word' is absolutely stunning. Possibly my favourite song from Plunkett. 'If I had my way' is a gem too, but Every Mother's Nightmare actually did it better. 'So mysterious' (co-written with the Southgang guys I think) is a gem. I personally love the production job. My only problem is with the drum machine. A little dodgy at times, but overall a good sound and Sik Vikki is a good comparison.

'When the tables turn' is a wonderful ballad too.

As for those bonus tracks - HAHA! What absolute shit!!! I would pay extra for a version without those instead of one with them. 'Louie Louie' was terrible in the first place, and to have 3 versions of it???!!!

Love this disc. 'Every little word' is absolutely stunning. Possibly my favourite song from Plunkett. 'If I had my way' is a gem too, but Every Mother's Nightmare actually did it better. 'So mysterious' (co-written with the Southgang guys I think) is a gem. I personally love the production job. My only problem is with the drum machine. A little dodgy at times, but overall a good sound and Sik Vikki is a good comparison.

'When the tables turn' is a wonderful ballad too.

As for those bonus tracks - HAHA! What absolute shit!!! I would pay extra for a version without those instead of one with them. 'Louie Louie' was terrible in the first place, and to have 3 versions of it???!!!

Backed on everything....Mysterious actually has Butch playing guitar also which makes it awesome. Great album!

• 8 years later...