Is AOR FREAKY still around?

gener8tr

I know a lot of you guys give this dude a hard time, but I gotta admit I agree with about 95% of what he says (old reviews, anyway).

I haven't posted a review in quite a few years because I don't remember the password (or maybe I never applied when we went to passwords), so I don't lurk over there as much as I used to, but when I did I loved reading FREAKY's reviews. He was spot-on concerning AOR stuff IMO.

Anyone know for sure?

Haven't seen or 'Heard' from him in ages. He used to be all over every melodicrock board, but seems to have disappeared. I heard a while back that he wasn't in great health, but I don't know if this is true or not.

He definitely had good taste in music, and I love alot of the bands he does. Saying that, he was really quite narrow minded in alot of stuff though. He could have brought alot to this board and forum if he hadn't been such an arrogant know-it-all arsehole, who often didn't often differing opinions to his. A shame really.

Yeah, I don't really frequent too many places but like Jez said, you used to see him around the place but I haven't for a few years now.

I personally don't think someone with an IQ like that should be allowed anywhere near somewhere where his voice (typed or spoken) can be heard. Plain and simply, most of what he said and his ideas in general were just plain moronic.

He was a Belgian Geography teacher who didn't know that the UK was in Europe. :screwy:

Aside from that he was pretty knowledgable when it came to AOR, but he was also a complete mental case. I expect he's locked away somewhere now, where he has no human interraction & can't even annoy his virtual/invisible friends...

If I'm not mistaken, didn't he originally go by freddy de keyze, or some such moniker, until he got the "ban from Dan"? I always thought he was fun to rile up, and he was always good for a weird quote or two. Sometimes, having a guy with such a high opinion of himself combined with a lack of self-deprecation can make for some interesting reading...and ranting.

That's why I also miss jason (FA-Q). (Even though Jason at least had a sense of humor.)

• My Little Pony
Sometimes, having a guy with such a high opinion of himself combined with a lack of self-deprecation can make for some interesting reading...and ranting.

I was heading in that direction, but I think I did a decent job of smartening up. I can't speak for anyone, but I don't think I'm nearly as annoying as when I started here.

Yeah, I don't really frequent too many places but like Jez said, you used to see him around the place but I haven't for a few years now.

I personally don't think someone with an IQ like that should be allowed anywhere near somewhere where his voice (typed or spoken) can be heard. Plain and simply, most of what he said and his ideas in general were just plain moronic.

You guys had some pretty good battles. Cracked me the fuck up. :lol:

Judging from his posts, very closed minded to say the least.

Yeah. They were the good old days. I don't think anyone's ever got me worked up like he could. Really stupid people truly amaze me. I will never under stand how we... uh, I mean they survive in this world.

Yeah. They were the good old days. I don't think anyone's ever got me worked up like he could. Really stupid people truly amaze me. I will never under stand how we... uh, I mean they survive in this world.

He left an impression. Years later and he's a topic. Geoff, be honest. Next time you get really pissed off are you going to destroy something and think about freaky? :hammer:

he is one of the early people who turned me onto great stuff among many here, but he did see things one sided, and didnt he have an alter ego named Paul? and again, I am not that Paul!!!! hahahaha

• 3 weeks later...