Queensryche - American Soldier

whiplash1972

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to say how much balls this thing sucks....Boring & terrible....if last year was the best year ever for releases, then this year might be the worst year ever...

Let me be the first to say how much balls this thing sucks....Boring & terrible....if last year was the best year ever for releases, then this year might be the worst year ever...

We don't agree on much but to be honest this is enough for me to not even bother trying it out. :)

I'm holding no high expectations for any new Ryche...once Tribe disappointed me (the first Ryche CD to disappoint me compeltely on first listen), I've just been uninterested. I'll check it out, of course...but I'm not expecting much. I'm not going to say it sucks or anything...I'm just going to say that they've grown into something I'm not interested in any longer.

I liked HitNF instantly when it came out...Q2K had enough cool tracks to not totally let me down...Tribe was just not hitting on any cylinders at all for me...O:M2 was just "OK", IMO with a couple of cool moments. Bands change I guess...can't stop it...but I don't have to keep following them.

I just watched the first single/video from AMERICAN SOLDIER ("If I Were King") over at Blabbermouth.net.

...Yawn. Not feelin' it.

It's definitely not as bad as it could be...but it's not as good as it could be either. I'm not even interested in seeing the video...I don't like all the interview clips in the songs either...I get it, I just don't like it.

Time for Geoff to go, and stay, solo. Let Ryche go, IMO...if "not that bad" is the best they can come up with, time for Geoff to pull a Peter Gabriel...

it's better than Q2K and Tribe put together...

That isn't exactly saying much is it? :blink:

I liked it enough to buy it.... :anon:

I guess it could be worse you could like Winger IV and Steelheart Good 2B Alive like I do. :unsure:

I actually haven't heard all of thr Steelheart, but I kinda liked Winger IV, wasn't great from a songwriting perspective IMHO but the playing and production were both very good! :anon:

I guess it could be worse you could like Winger IV and Steelheart Good 2B Alive like I do. :unsure:

I actually haven't heard all of thr Steelheart, but I kinda liked Winger IV, wasn't great from a songwriting perspective IMHO but the playing and production were both very good! :anon:

The vocals on the Steelheart are flat out incredible but the songs are all growers and really modern and sound nothing like the first two albums but if released under a different name would be much more appreciated IMO.

The vocals on the Steelheart are flat out incredible but the songs are all growers and really modern and sound nothing like the first two albums but if released under a different name would be much more appreciated IMO.

As an avid modern rock fan, not so sure about that, mate. I would have been very open to a good modern rock sounding disc from Steelheart, but it just really didn't work at all for me. :( There are a million better modern rock albums than that one, imo. :)

As an avid modern rock fan, not so sure about that, mate. I would have been very open to a good modern rock sounding disc from Steelheart, but it just really didn't work at all for me. :( There are a million better modern rock albums than that one, imo. :)

Maybe my use of the word modern is off but what I mean is the sound is much more up to date and it in no way sounds like an 80's hard rock cd but it doesn't sound modern in the same way that someone would describe the sound of such bands as Shinedown.

Maybe my use of the word modern is off but what I mean is the sound is much more up to date and it in no way sounds like an 80's hard rock cd but it doesn't sound modern in the same way that someone would describe the sound of such bands as Shinedown.

Pay no mind to Geoff Wes...he's gay like that :)

I will be gentle.

Steelheart=SUCK