Queensryche - American Soldier

whiplash1972

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woops, never mind... the news i read was from Michael Wilton, who said he recorded all the guitars for the album... not DeGarmo. Sorry. Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffin' glue.

Can I get a hit off that. I think I picked the wrong week to quit as well.

Queensryche died in 1986 after the release of the total masterpiece : "Rage For Order"

Didn't care for that album...I only like Mindcrime, Empite & Hear.

Queensryche died in 1986 after the release of the total masterpiece : "Rage For Order"

"The Warning" >>>>>>>>>>All other Queensryche albums.

'Empire' is their only decent disc. :)

Sorry cousin your wrong.

But then again knowing your tastes I see why you like it the most.

But with them starting out as a Iron Maiden meets Rush inspried Classic Metal band it's the first 3 or 4 albums that are the best IMO at least.

Vomit>>>>>>>>>>>>The Warning

The last "great" album, IMO, was Promised Land...the last decent/consistent album was HitNF (yes, I said it)...after that, each album has its moments, and I'm sure this new one will have a couple bright spots, but the days of a solid listen from start to finish are gone, IMO...

I still think that Mindcrime and Empire were great albums but after that it's been pretty much downhill.

Agreed they went downhill after these, Promised Land And Hear In The Now Frontier were for me pretty good though :tumbsup:

I still think that Mindcrime and Empire were great albums but after that it's been pretty much downhill.

Agreed they went downhill after these, Promised Land And Hear In The Now Frontier were for me pretty good though :tumbsup:

It does my heart good to see some love for HitNF...that record gets ridiculed a lot, but it really has a lot of good songs on it...not what Ryche was previously known for, granted...but still good...

:tumbsup:

Either your Vomit is the best sounding Vomit ever, you don't like Classic Heavy Metal or you have some type of hearing disorder. :lol:

I agree with you just I would like to give emphasis to such a unique album like "Rage For Order" 50 years in front of "its season". Of course I obey to "The Warning" too...

HITNF??? :hammer:

I don't mind HEAR IN THE NOW FRONTIER either. It's not a masterwork but it has its moments. By the time they got to Q2K I was jumping ship though. That album was a snoozer. I didn't bother with QR again till MINDCRIME II, which again, was not a bad listen but nowhere near as good as the original.

Either your Vomit is the best sounding Vomit ever, you don't like Classic Heavy Metal or you have some type of hearing disorder. :lol:

Hitler's vomit is better than that album...no hearing disorder here buddy :)

Sorry but that's one of my fav Metal albums of the 80's and all time.

Geoff never sounded better vocally than he did on that album.

Wrong buddy..he sounded phenominal in Mindcrime....I'm glad you enjoy the album but it's not for me. I'd take Mindcrime twenty times over.

Wrong buddy..he sounded phenominal in Mindcrime....I'm glad you enjoy the album but it's not for me. I'd take Mindcrime twenty times over.

Don't get me wrong I looooove Mindcrime and you're right Geoff sounded great on that disc as well, but to me anyway there's just something awesome about "The Warning". Maybe it's because I'm a little sick of Mindcrime.

Thanks for all the compliments on my vocals, guys. ;)

But seriously, I have to admit that - despite the music - I NEVER liked Tate's vocals, on any Queensryche disc I ever heard. Really not my style of voice at all.