Keel to reunite in 2009

heavyharmonies

Iconic Metal Band KEEL Reunites In 2009

ORIGINAL MEMBERS PERFORM TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 20 YEARS FOR THE BAND’S 25TH ANNIVERSARY

HOLLYWOOD, CA (November 18th, 2008) - 2009 will mark iconic metal band KEEL’s 25th anniversary, and the passing of two decades since the original lineup played on stage together. Unlike most of their contemporaries, none of the members has ever performed as KEEL since 1989.

Ron Keel, guitarists Marc Ferrari & Bryan Jay, drummer Dwain Miller along with Geno Arce (Ron’s long-time bassist) are preparing to perform again for the first time in 20 years. “It would not have been right without these guys,” expresses Ron Keel. With the high volume of requests for the band to reunite, the members felt the time is right to deliver the show fans everywhere have been demanding: a KEEL reunion.

In 1985, “The Right To Rock” became the fastest-selling debut album in A&M Record’s history. Selling over 2 million albums the band was proclaimed the Best New Band by Metal Edge and Circus Magazines.

The title track was a hit on radio & MTV and remains a staple on VH1 Classic, in addition to the group’s subsequent hits “Tears Of Fire,” “Because The Night,” “Somebody’s Waiting,”and “Rock & Roll Outlaw.” They developed a reputation as one of the genre’s most entertaining live acts, opening for heavyweights like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and Van Halen amongst many others.

Plans are for KEEL to reunite at a select number of festivals and showcase dates in 2009 to perform all their hits and classic favorites in celebration of 25 years of rock n roll history. The KEEL “Debut Reunion Concert” will take place in Hollywood on Saturday, January 31st. The location for this historic event will be Club Vodka at The Knitting Factory – visit the web site and MySpace for details.

For more information go to http://keelreunion.com and http://myspace.com/keelband

I have to admit, I've always been a fan... :banger:

Backed. I'm a huge fan. Hopefully the rest of their catalog will finally be reissued such as the self titled disc.

I wonder why Kenny Chaisson isn't involved? And not to be picky but Dwain Miller wasn't the original drummer it was Bobbby Marks that played on the debut. Either way I'd love to see them live and hopefully they record some new music as well. :headbanger:

Cool news, but is that press release seriously shoveling the PR bullsh*t with both hands or am I just a jaded prick? :blink:

I really doubt that the band "sold 2 million albums" unless they're talking about their entire catalog of albums in total. They were never more than a cult item even back in the day.

Cool news, but is that press release seriously shoveling the PR bullsh*t with both hands or am I just a jaded prick? :blink:

I really doubt that the band "sold 2 million albums" unless they're talking about their entire catalog of albums in total. They were never more than a cult item even back in the day.

That would be the entire catalog and most likely including world wide sales.

I remember reading in the mid 90's that they had sold over a million in the US at that point and considering how hard it is to find their cds I'd be suprised if they'd sold another million in the last 10 years.

hopefully they record some new music as well. :headbanger:

This would be the rare instance I would welcome the input of an outside songwriter 'cause their lyrics are about as juvenile as it gets.

I saw Marc Ferrari earlier this year guest with Black N Blue here in Portland, Oregon. The dude can still SHRED, but he looks more like an IBM executive than an 80's rocker now-a-days :cartman:

I've been a fan of Keel dating back to like 1984, so of course I'm looking forward to this!

Well shit I live near Portland and I missed this.. Damnit.... :hammer:

But I am looking forward to hearing anything new from Keel.. Been a fan for about 20 years.. Thanks to My man Keith of course.... :headbanger:

Obviously this doesn't affect me at all, but what interesting news anyway. I'd love to see them record something new as Keel, but one would have to wonder what it'd sound like with ol' Cowboy Boots Ron there on vocals.

Such an odd band because like Wes and Pete I f*cking love these guys. But if you look at it, their lyrics were quite terrible and Ron Keel has arguably the worst voice in rock history... but it didn't matter because the songs just kicked ass and every album was a monster slab of hard rock. Great band.

I used to really like these guys. They kinda faded from my collection though as time went on. I think their "S/T" release from 1987 is still their crowning achievement. Some great stadium anthems on that one.

I'd really be into the KEEL live shows if Ron's gigs with K2 are any indication of how great these shows would be. Not sure what a new KEEL recording would sound like ...but I'd still be interested. :headbanger:

Obviously this doesn't affect me at all, but what interesting news anyway. I'd love to see them record something new as Keel, but one would have to wonder what it'd sound like with ol' Cowboy Boots Ron there on vocals.

Such an odd band because like Wes and Pete I f*cking love these guys. But if you look at it, their lyrics were quite terrible and Ron Keel has arguably the worst voice in rock history... but it didn't matter because the songs just kicked ass and every album was a monster slab of hard rock. Great band.

I really like the S/T album but none of their stuff has even come close to standing the test of time. As Geoff said, the lyrics for the most part are Velvetta

their lyrics were quite terrible and Ron Keel has arguably the worst voice in rock history... but it didn't matter because the songs just kicked ass and every album was a monster slab of hard rock. Great band.

:lol: That totally sums up my feelings for them, I just love 'em... and no, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

their lyrics were quite terrible and Ron Keel has arguably the worst voice in rock history... but it didn't matter because the songs just kicked ass and every album was a monster slab of hard rock. Great band.

:lol: That totally sums up my feelings for them, I just love 'em... and no, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Agreed, Keel were simply, totally cheez-tastic!!

I guess you could say they had cheesy lyrics but to me they just had songs that were Anthems.

I guess you could say they had cheesy lyrics but to me they just had songs that were Anthems.

Speed Demon makes me drive fast.

Agreed for sure though, Rock'n'Roll Animal, Arm and a Leg, Right to Rock, just awesome riff-heavy hooks... love it! Makes me want to listen to some right now actually... :banger:

Speed Demon makes me drive fast.

When I bought my first new car in my early 20s, I made sure to bring Keel's THE RIGHT TO ROCK tape with that track cued up just so I could crank it in the brand spankin' new cassette deck (!) on the ride home from the dealership...:beerbang:

I saw Marc Ferrari earlier this year guest with Black N Blue here in Portland, Oregon. The dude can still SHRED, but he looks more like an IBM executive than an 80's rocker now-a-days :cartman:

I've been a fan of Keel dating back to like 1984, so of course I'm looking forward to this!

But I am looking forward to hearing anything new from Keel.. Been a fan for about 20 years.. Thanks to My man Keith of course.... :headbanger:

Black N' Blue is playing at Dante's in downtown Portland December 20th. in case you're interested. I wouldn't miss this one for anything... I've been told they are going to unleash songs from HELL YEAH!

Black N' Blue is playing at Dante's in downtown Portland December 20th. in case you're interested. I wouldn't miss this one for anything... I've been told they are going to unleash songs from HELL YEAH!

I hope they unleash something other than the three I have heard which was shite. I wonder if this is ever going to come out?

I hope they unleash something other than the three I have heard which was shite. I wonder if this is ever going to come out?

I swore I just read a few months back that they should have it out soon.

It's just to bad Tommy isn't involved in this.