Expect some main site downtime...

heavyharmonies

At some point in the next week or two I'm going to have the main site down for anywhere from a few hours to a full day.

Why? A few new list features:

"I Own This". On any CD page you'll be able to click and set that you own a given CD. Pretty much just for entertainment purposes right now, being able to see what everyone owns in their collection and get a feel for the types of music they like, sort of the way the ratings list does. May pave the way for future enhancements like being able to print/generate your own collection guide, etc. Suggestions on what to do with this list appreciated.

"I Want This." A wantlist. More importantly, instead of having to wander throughout the site you'll be able to go to a single page to search Ebay auctions, Buy-It Now, Amazon, and GEMM for items in your wantlist. Also, the return of the old eBay Monitor where you'll be able to click a single button and pull up all the currently running eBay auction listings for all the CDs on your wantlist.

After things have been tested for a while and are running smoothly, I'll probably redo the login, comments, and rating systems on BrutalMetal.Com and HeavensMetal.Com so that they all work the way HH does, and if possible, work from the same login database.

-Dan

Awesome stuff!

Firestream forum has similar features and its very cool.

I think ill be using the "i want" button more then "i own this".

The only times I'll bother clicking 'I own this' is if I see your name next to a CD that 'you want'. Just to let you know I have it and you don't.

Awesome stuff!

The only times I'll bother clicking 'I own this' is if I see your name next to a CD that 'you want'. Just to let you know I have it and you don't.

Why do you follow me around? Is it cos you are lonely and deep down love me? or is cos i have an incredibly hot backside?

Awesome stuff!

Why do you follow me around? Is it cos you are lonely and deep down love me? or is cos i have an incredibly hot backside?

"Yes."

Awesome stuff!

"Yes."

Dan, i can deal with that... SHUCKS!

I am trying to log in but it won't send me an email reminder of what my password is. I've been trying for about 15 minutes now and still nothing in my email. :(

I am trying to log in but it won't send me an email reminder of what my password is. I've been trying for about 15 minutes now and still nothing in my email. :(

I just tested it and the email came through almost instantly.

Check your spam filtering...

-Dan

I just tested it and the email came through almost instantly.

Check your spam filtering...

-Dan

Got it. It wasn't the spam filter. It just took over 1/2 an hour to get to my inbox. Then it said the time it arrived in my inbox was 11:31 when in reality it didn't show up until almost noon.

Anyway, love the new additions!! I've been having fun going through a's and b's adding the ones I own. Nice improvements. :tumbsup:

Awesome stuff!

Both.

Sweet action, Dan, looking forward to playing around with it.

And when my penis has had enough I'll play around with the new features on the site too.