Bad English

Favourite Bad English Song  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time for a big Bad English poll.

Questions:-

1. What are your fav songs from their S/T album (you may pick more than one)?

2. What are your fav songs from their Backlash album (you may pick more than one)?

3. Which is your fav Bad English album overall?

4. What is your fav John Waite material - The Baby's, Bad English or his solo stuff?

5. Who is your fav Bad English band member (not including John Waite)?

6. Are you looking forward to some new John Waite material? Would you prefer solo material or a band effort?

1. From the S/T album:

*Possession

*Price Of Love

*Tough Times Don't Last

*Ghost In Your Heart

*When I See You Smile

2. From the Backlash album:

*Straight To Your Heart

*Rebel Say A Prayer

3. My fav Bad English album is Backlash as it has two of the most killer songs ever on it.

4. For me, I love John Waite on his solo albums the best.

5. Neal Schon as he's been involved in so many cool projects (without even considering Journey)

6. Yes, a band effort would be awesome. And fingers crossd that this rumored new band goes ahead with John Waite, Audley Freed, Simon Kirke, Tim Hogan and Ian Maclaglan. I haven't heard of a name for the band as yet but have heard that 2008 is the year.

I voted for "Possession" from the debut and "Straight to your Heart" off of Backlash.

I prefer the debut and my fav John Waite project is Bad English.

Neal is my fav band member and would prefer John to do a new Bad English cd.

When I See You Smile {sentimental reasons :crying: }

So This Is Eden

S/T

The Baby's

Neal Schon

No, not really

Can never really decide which songs I really like as even though I try to get into these, I never really have! :unsure:

The Baby`s (Favourite JW material)

Neal Schon

Another Baby`s album :guitbannana:

1. What are your fav songs from their S/T album (you may pick more than one)? Damn, i couldnt pick. One of my all time fave albums. Perfect. I went with "Ghost in your heart"

2. What are your fav songs from their Backlash album (you may pick more than one)? "So this is Eden". A few others towards the start.

3. Which is your fav Bad English album overall? S/t

4. What is your fav John Waite material - The Baby's, Bad English or his solo stuff? Only ever heard BE. Is his other stuff good?

5. Who is your fav Bad English band member (not including John Waite)? Waite, Schon or Castronovo

6. Are you looking forward to some new John Waite material? Would you prefer solo material or a band effort? ummm duno? dont like th chance of a new BE, esp with Journey going well.

1. Forget Me Not

2. Time Stood Still

3. Backlash

4. The Babys stuff - absolutely love EVERY album

5. Neal Schon

6. A new Solo JW album, A new Babys album.

1. Fave song I put Don't Walk Away

2. Straight to Your Heart

3. s/t

4. That's too tough...but I've gone for his solo stuff just before The Babys.

5. Ricky Philips I guess......Schon and Caine are okay but I get the impression that they have formed some kind of shadowy mafia like coalition within Journey so it's tarnished my image of them somewhat.

6. I think solo stuff as long as he gets away from the more country tinged stuff he's been doing. I must admit I wasn't completely sold on Bad English though...I like them but they seemed a step down from what had gone before to me. Babys reunion would be waaaay cool though.

1. Fave song I put Don't Walk Away

Stunning track... pained me not to pick it. :(

1. Ghost in your heart

2. Straight to your heart

3. s/t

4. Bad English

5. Schon

6. I picked anything as I love whatever he puts his voice too, but I'd love to hear a proper band project - something a little more uptempo. Would love a 3rd Bad English disc most of all, of course, but that will never happen.

Did anyone else ever read that Andy Timmons was gonna be the Guitar player in Bad English until Neal committed to the project and that's how he wound up in Danger Danger?

Wow, never heard that. That would have been interesting too.

Timmons > Schon

Did anyone else ever read that Andy Timmons was gonna be the Guitar player in Bad English until Neal committed to the project and that's how he wound up in Danger Danger?

Wow, never heard that. That would have been interesting too.

Timmons > Schon

Here's part of the interview:

FIB MUSIC: How did you get involved with the band Danger Danger?

Andy: Buddy Blaze, then artist relations guy for Kramer Guitars, was helping Jonathan Cain, John Waite, and Ricky Phillips look for a guitar player for their new band Bad English as Neal Schon had done the demos but was more interested in his solo career. Buddy, a native Texan, decided what they were looking for was in Texas so be asked a journalist friend of his, David Huff of Jam magazine, “who’s the happening player in Dallas?” and through asking around my name came up. Buddy called me and asked for a demo tape.

Luckily we had recorded It’s Getting Better and two other tracks at this time (Wanted Man and Innocence Lost). About a week after sending them to Buddy, I had a message on my answering machine from Jonathan Cain saying “we dig your playing and want you to come to San Francisco to audition”. I was really excited to say the least!! I flew out a week later and the audition went great. I was pretty nervous but played well. John Waite gave me a ride to the airport and his parting words were “unless you lose a finger, you’ve got the gig!” They then flew me to L.A. to spend a trial week to see how things went. Everything was going well, then Neal called mid-week saying he was interested in the gig now. I saw the writing on the wall at that point, though they politely said “we’ll spend a week w/Neal and we’ll let you know how it goes”. I knew my chances were slim, seeing that with Neal in the band you have ½ of Journey….kind of a no-brainer. All in all, it was still a great experience. John Waite is an amazing singer and Ricky and Jonathan couldn’t have been nicer guys. On my last day Neal was coming in and we had a heck of a jam!! After that fell through, Buddy said “don’t worry about that, I know these other guys that have a record coming out and are looking for a guitar player”. “What’s the band?” “Danger Danger”….””never heard of them” Buddy put me in touch with Bruno Ravel (a Spector bass endorser which was being made by Kramer at the time) and I sent him a tape. He called back saying they wanted to fly me to New York to audition…which went well, though I think they were struggling with substance over image (meaning I was a good player, but didn’t necessarily look like a rock star). I flew out for a 2nd audition and they told me they’d call over Christmas. I got the call when I was visiting my family in Indiana. Eric Todd, the band’s manager called and very slowly and painstakingly told me “even though you’re a good player and everything……we just really feel that…..well (meanwhile I was interjecting “oh, I understand” etc trying to make it easy for him to let me down) the next thing I knew, Bruno, Steve, Ted and Kasey were yelling over the phone “you’re in the band man….hahaha gotcha!!!!”

http://www.fullinbloommusic.com/andy_timmons.html

Well as expected it's tracks 3-8 from the S/T and 'Straight To Your Heart' from Backlash that are getting most votes.

I'll have to go back and listen to 'Don't Walk Away', admitedly I can't even re-call what that song sounds like.

I'm suprised at the number of votes for 'So This Is Eden' and so few votes for 'Rebel Say A Prayer' - a kick ass rocker and one of fav songs of all time.

I'm suprised at the number of votes for 'So This Is Eden' and so few votes for 'Rebel Say A Prayer' - a kick ass rocker and one of fav songs of all time.

Yeah, 'So this is eden' didn't do too much for me at all, I have to admit. 'Rebel say a prayer' is my 2nd fave off the disc. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Time for a big Bad English poll.

1. What are your fav songs from their S/T album (you may pick more than one)?

2. What are your fav songs from their Backlash album (you may pick more than one)?

3. Which is your fav Bad English album overall?

4. What is your fav John Waite material - The Baby's, Bad English or his solo stuff?

5. Who is your fav Bad English band member (not including John Waite)?

6. Are you looking forward to some new John Waite material? Would you prefer solo material or a band effort?

1. From the S/T album:

*Possession

*Price Of Love

*Tough Times Don't Last

*Ghost In Your Heart

*When I See You Smile

2. From the Backlash album:

*Straight To Your Heart

*Rebel Say A Prayer

3. My fav Bad English album is Backlash as it has two of the most killer songs ever on it.

4. For me, I love John Waite on his solo albums the best.

5. Neal Schon as he's been involved in so many cool projects (without even considering Journey)

6. Yes, a band effort would be awesome. And fingers crossd that this rumored new band goes ahead with John Waite, Audley Freed, Simon Kirke, Tim Hogan and Ian Maclaglan. I haven't heard of a name for the band as yet but have heard that 2008 is the year.

Has anyone heard anything more about this new John Waite band that was supposedly to surface in 2008?

I went with my fav being Backlash!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparantly John Waite was interviewed recently with some details regarding his next solo album. This is the website that did the interview but I can't see alink anywhere. Interview. Does anyone know any other websites where this interview can be read/listened to?

EDIT: I figured it out. I you go to the above link you can listen to the interview. I had to run some kind of "add-on" for it to play.

So I listened to the interview and he gave very little (in fact nothing) away about his new album except to say he would start recording later this year. Interestingly though he said that the 'When You Were Mine' album has been released on I-tunes with bonus tracks. Being the huge John Waite fan I am, I'll have to track down those bonus tracks.

I went with :

s/t (in no particular order all are stellar tunes) :

Posession

Forget Me Not

Ghost In Your Heart

Backlash (in no particular order all are stellar tunes) :

Straight To Your Heart

Savage Blue

Pray For Rain

Fave album : s/t

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me the first Bad English album was almost all good. A little too soft though, would have liked to have seen more rockers on it. I thought 9 of the 13 songs were good.

The second Bad English album had the two good songs everyone likes "Straight" and "Rebel". I feel "Straight For Your Heart" is the best Bad English song of any of the two albums.

Two albums??? They did three...well, not technically. Guess they recorded a third album, but it never got released for some reason. You can get it as a make it yourself CD-R, they call the album The Lost Tapes. Just do an internet search for it. I wouldn't do it because that's not nice, but it's up to you. Don't know if anyone sells the bootleg for it.

I liked John Waite stuff as a solo the best.

IMO, Neal Schon was the best member of BE.