What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Andy Taylor - Thunder

An underrated classic...

I'll second that - an absolute cracker of an album!

Andy Taylor - Thunder

An underrated classic...

I'll second that - an absolute cracker of an album!

And Thrice!! Brilliant disc

T.Rex - The Albums Collection (Box)

Tears For Fears - The Hurting (30th Anniversary Box Set)

Girl - Live In London

Pilot - From The Album Of The Same Name...+4 (Remaster)

Pilot - Second Flight ...+4 (Remaster)

Pilot - Morin Heights...+4 (Remaster)

The Knack - Serious Fun

Ramones - Adios Amigos

ABWH - S/T (expanded version)

Edgar Broughton Band - The Harvest Years box

REO Speedwagon - You Get What You Play For (jap CD)

Cream - Wheels of Fire (1968 Canadian vinyl pressing - thick, thick sleeve and wax)

plus like that Jez fella I read the Classic AOR mag and picked up....The Pilot stuff (and grabbed Two's a Crowd as well). Thought I should as they were a huge part of Alan Parsons Project and I've always had a soft spot for 'em - but seeing as they were in said mag I've no excuse now to indulge in a guilty pleasure. Plus it'll please my mate at work who never stops singing their praises.

Now will Jez pick up the Cliff Richard albums also mentioned??? Hahaha!

and that IS it until after Christmas (this time I mean it!)

Finally .......!!

Chris Irvine - s/t

:P

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (Immersion Box Set)

Heart - Home For The Holidays CD/DVD

Alice Cooper - Raise The Dead: Live From Wacken 2CD/Blu-ray

Tommy Nilsson - Original Album Classics (5 CD)

Picked up a whole load of promo discs, courtesy of everyone's least favourite auction site. They're all from the heavier end of the spectrum this time (although the chap does also list more melodic stuff from time to time):

Assailant: Nemesis Within

Terra Firma: Terra Firma

Brimstone: Carving A Crimson Career

Adagio: Dominate

Amorphis: Eclipse

Lost In Tears: Dialogue With Mirror And God

Amaran: Pristine In Bondage

December Wolves: Blasterpiece Theatre

Last Winter: Under The Silver Of Machines

Raise Hell: Not Dead Yet

Benighted: Icon

Fall Of Serenity: Crossfire

Sworn Amongst: Evolution

Distorted: Voices From Within

Dispatched: Motherwar

Darkseed: Diving Into Darkness

Agathodaimon: Blacken The Angel

Agathodaimon: Chapter III

It's my neighbours I feel sorry for .... :)

Judas Priest - Redeemer Of Souls 2CD version

Thin Lizzy - Memory Pain (Live In Japan 1980, soundboard.)

• 2023 Gold Donors

Brother Cane-Seeds

Cheap Trick-The Greatest Hits

Expose-Greatest Hits

Eve6-S/T

Lou Gramm-Long Hard Look

Information Society-S/T

Pat Metheny Group-Letters From Home

Tears For Fears-Elemental

Robert Plant-Sixty Six To Timbuktu

The Rules of Attraction-Soundtrack

Neil Young-Silver and Gold

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Really like that, hope there's a new album in the works  
    • Don't believe they fell out , he just joined The Sweet I think and with their blessing? Think doing it on Diamonds would have sufficed...end that chapter of the band and onto the next.
    • but then again I didn't really have high hopes on it...hopes yes...but not high if I'm honest.
    • Video for 'Change The World'.    
    • Be interested to hear this...after all of this time.
    • New album 'Another World' out June 21. Press release: Atlantic was the brainchild of guitarist and songwriter Simon Harrison. Following a successful ghost-writing career and his bands Stranger and Wisht, Simon wanted to make an album in his favoured AOR/Melodic Rock genre. Heavily influenced by bands like Whitesnake, Journey, Bad English, FM and Dare he set about writing the songs that became the first album entitled ‘Power’. Atlantic was never supposed to be a long term band and following its worldwide release Simon moved on to other writing, recording, production and mix projects. In the late nineties Simon met Mark Grimmett. He recorded several songs with Mark over the following few years and they decided at some point they would make a record together. Fast forward to 2021 Mark was talking to Simon about writing and recording a new album. Originally entitled the MGB Band, work started in the fall of 2021 … By early 2022 they had written a number of songs and they both felt they would best suit a new album under the Atlantic banner. Several members of Grim Reaper were recruited to give the Album an edge, whilst retaining the essential melodic rock/Aor feel that is Atlantic. Mark Pullin, Julian D.Hill and Ian Nash were duly recruited into the band along with keyboardist Gareth David Noon from Serpentine .. The lineup was to change later in the project with Simon and Tim Bristow taking over the keyboard role and the addition of Nick Burr and Andy Margrett on lead guitar. Work continued over the next year and finally the production was completed in late 2023. Mark Pullin stepped up to mix the album after some unforeseen issues at Simon’s studio and it was completed in March 2024. Escape Music had re released the original Power album and were absolutely the first choice to work with on the new album. Their new album “Another World” will be released exclusively by Escape Music, exciting times. The band is: Simon Harrison – Guitars, Bass & Keyboards Mark Grimmett – Lead Vocals Mark Pullin – Drums, Backing Vocals Nick Burr – Lead Guitar Julian D.Hill – Bass Tim Bristow – Keyboards Gareth David Noon – Additional Keyboards / Andy Margrett – Additional Lead Guitar / Mark Pullin – Additional Lead Guitar All songs written by Simon Jewell-Harrison & Mark Grimmett Except * Co-Written by Tim Bristow. Produced by: Simon Harrison / Mixed by Mark Pullin at Green Frog Studios Artwork by Stan W Decker Track Listing: 1. Ready or not 5.48  2. Without love 5.00  3. Hold on 3.56  4. I’ll be waiting 4.04  5. If this is goodbye 4.14  6. Whole lot of love 4.19  7. Loving arms 5.32  8. Nothing more I can say 4.15  9. Missing you 5.07  10. Dream about you 3.32  11. This ain’t love 4.35 CD (Bonus Track only)
    • Not a fan of Staind, but this song popped up in my YouTube feed and the lyrics just hit me right in the heart this morning.    Beautiful ballad in my opinion…  
    • It's ok but at the same time not doing much for me.  To me this sounds like this could've been a modern Bon Jovi song.  If you're basically making music that sounds like Bon Jovi, why not just go back to Bon Jovi lol. As it is, Richie's solo stuff has never really grabbed me and don't see myself returning to this. Do plan to check out the Bon Jovi documentary on Hulu this weekend though   
    • That chorus is much more melodic than I was expecting; not bad.     

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.