What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Adam Bomb - Pure S.E.X......The album title he came up with after meeting Geoff I believe <_<

Correct. Based on the music recorded we wanted to call it 'Pure S.U.C.K' but we had tea, talked over our differences and came to an agreement in the bedroom. Sorry mate... no offence. :P

Hahaha! You cruel guy, How could I take offense at what you say you cheeky chimp :P:P

I have to admit his first couple of albums I find lacking and somewhat inconsistent, Pure S.E.X. has a horrible echoy production and the hard mix of the the title track is light years ahead of anything on the album. I also think the early production jobs suffered somewhat with the industries obsession with the "AOR" sound at that time which doesn't suit his music and ended up with his albums like Fatal Attraction and S.E.X. being watered down (I have to say I haven't heard Grave New World yet, but your review is pretty scathing haha!). His later stuff is pretty excellent, he has some shit hot songs and as a guitarist although no Malsteem (thank fuck!) he has some killer riffs and a great groove which so many bands just don't have. Don't know why he is listed as glam/sleaze on HH as he is anything but. To me he sorta fills the ground somewhere between Starz and Aerosmith.

I'm off to see him in a tiny pub in February and I have to say I haven't looked forward to a gig so much in ages. I think also the fact that he keeps plugging away albeit with limited success shows he's in it more for the music than the money and fame and isn't a hop on the bandwagon kind of artist.

Anyway this won't please ya much mate coz I just got:

Adam Bomb - Acoustica :lol:

It's times like these I find sadness in my being. I probably sold that 'Gave new world' for a couple of dollars a few years ago. I really wish I'd kept it because I'd be delighted to send it your way as a pressie for my bud. I'm not even sure I made a CDR copy before I sold it either. :( I can check if you're interested, but I'm pretty sure I have no trace left of it. As noted in my review, I really, really didn't like that one... but would have loved to help you out. Sorry mate. I just looked at my review and saw Freaky agreed with me on this one!!! :lol: Score.

It's times like these I find sadness in my being. I probably sold that 'Gave new world' for a couple of dollars a few years ago. I really wish I'd kept it because I'd be delighted to send it your way as a pressie for my bud. I'm not even sure I made a CDR copy before I sold it either. :( I can check if you're interested, but I'm pretty sure I have no trace left of it. As noted in my review, I really, really didn't like that one... but would have loved to help you out. Sorry mate. I just looked at my review and saw Freaky agreed with me on this one!!! :lol: Score.

It's okay bud I have a copy winging it's way to me from the U.S. (total cost inc. postage £3...wonder why his stuff's so cheap??? ......Oh Yeah <_< ) :lol:

It's okay bud I have a copy winging it's way to me from the U.S. (total cost inc. postage £3...wonder why his stuff's so cheap??? ......Oh Yeah <_< ) :lol:

Good to hear mate. 3 pounds including postage... :lol: I'd like to say "score!"... but let's just want until you hear it first, hey? :D

Good to hear mate. 3 pounds including postage... :lol: I'd like to say "score!"... but let's just want until you hear it first, hey? :D

It's all right I'll give it a listen between Get Animal 1 & 2 arriving....my god the house has gone Adam Bomb bonkers!

Latest acquisitions...

SPOKEN: "Last Chance to Breathe" (very good modern Christian hard rock/metal)

PRETTY MAIDS: "Wake Up to the Real World" (not bad, but expected better)

PRIVATE LINE: "Evel Knievel Factor" (excellent, must-own for Wig Wam fans)

Is that a new one? I owned 2 of their discs and liked them... even though the message got a bit much at times. The vocals were sort of "eerie" and reminded me a little of Vain. Not a bad band... what's this one like?

Is that a new one? I owned 2 of their discs and liked them... even though the message got a bit much at times. The vocals were sort of "eerie" and reminded me a little of Vain. Not a bad band... what's this one like?

I believe "Last Chance to Breathe" was released last year sometime, not exactly sure when. I don't own their earlier albums, but this one shouldn't bother you at all with their lyrics...I can only remember one song being semi-overt in its Christianese...the other songs were pretty vague/generic, if you know what I mean; trust me, mate, you won't be put off by the lyrics. The lead vocalist does have a unique sound, and Vain ain't a bad comparison (vocally, not musically). Like I said, this is the first album by them I've purchased and I'm quite happy with it. Sounds like a million bucks (courtesy of producer Travis Wyrick) and has that riff-driven modern hard rock sound you & I both love. Imagine the band Red with Davy Vain on lead vocals and you have a rough idea of what this album sounds like.

In the mailbox via Lala:

Cycle Sluts From Hell - S/T

Has there ever been a better name for an all girl band? And is there a cooler song title than "I Wish You Were A Beer?" I don't think so. :)

I believe "Last Chance to Breathe" was released last year sometime, not exactly sure when. I don't own their earlier albums, but this one shouldn't bother you at all with their lyrics...I can only remember one song being semi-overt in its Christianese...the other songs were pretty vague/generic, if you know what I mean; trust me, mate, you won't be put off by the lyrics. The lead vocalist does have a unique sound, and Vain ain't a bad comparison (vocally, not musically). Like I said, this is the first album by them I've purchased and I'm quite happy with it. Sounds like a million bucks (courtesy of producer Travis Wyrick) and has that riff-driven modern hard rock sound you & I both love. Imagine the band Red with Davy Vain on lead vocals and you have a rough idea of what this album sounds like.

Cool. I think I'll check this out. A killer production job would assist what I've heard from them before.

Just arrived in the mailbox:

LeCompt - S/T

I had to get it due to the similarity to the second Tangier. :)

Okay, the details of my christmas haul:

House of Lords - 'World upside down'

Place Vendome - s/t

Khymera - 'A new promise'

Jaded Heart - 'Helluva Time'

TNT - 'All the way to the sun'

Vertigo - s/t

Vertigo - 2

Fate - V

The Poodles - 'Metal Will stand tall'

Papa Roach - 'The paramour sessions'

Lostprophets - 'Liberation Transmission'

The Goo Goo Dolls - 'Let love in'

Halifax - 'The inevitability of a strange world'

Bought 9 more this week due for arrival soon... plus that Supercell - 'New American Standard'. How the f*ck will I pay for it? No f*cking idea... but Nuclearhell is an excellent online shop. No postage costs is the reason I could get these awesome CDs.

just noticed geoff that nuclearhell prices are going up. the ebay shop hasnt changed much, but the cost of postage has kept going up over the past year or so, so as you know i thought id check out the online shop. they were mostly under 10 bucks with free postage. now they are mostly about $10.95, and postage is only free if you buy more then 3 or something like that. it still is cheap and u get a discount, but just not as good as they were.

Okay, the details of my christmas haul:

House of Lords - 'World upside down'

Place Vendome - s/t

Khymera - 'A new promise'

Jaded Heart - 'Helluva Time'

TNT - 'All the way to the sun'

Vertigo - s/t

Vertigo - 2

Fate - V

The Poodles - 'Metal Will stand tall'

Papa Roach - 'The paramour sessions'

Lostprophets - 'Liberation Transmission'

The Goo Goo Dolls - 'Let love in'

Halifax - 'The inevitability of a strange world'

Bought 9 more this week due for arrival soon... plus that Supercell - 'New American Standard'. How the f*ck will I pay for it? No f*cking idea... but Nuclearhell is an excellent online shop. No postage costs is the reason I could get these awesome CDs.

just noticed geoff that nuclearhell prices are going up. the ebay shop hasnt changed much, but the cost of postage has kept going up over the past year or so, so as you know i thought id check out the online shop. they were mostly under 10 bucks with free postage. now they are mostly about $10.95, and postage is only free if you buy more then 3 or something like that. it still is cheap and u get a discount, but just not as good as they were.

Hmmm, disappointing, I noticed Pretty Maids was a little more expensive. Still, as long as you buy more than 3 it's still a pretty sweet deal. :)

Picked up yesterday...

SALIVA: "Blood Stained Love Story"

Still ass-kicking hard rock, but methinks a bit more melodic than "Survival of the Sickest."

Picked up yesterday...

SALIVA: "Blood Stained Love Story"

Still ass-kicking hard rock, but methinks a bit more melodic than "Survival of the Sickest."

Yeah, it sounds to me like they're trying to take Papa Roach's place in 2006 for 2007. It's a very good CD, but not as good as Papa Roach IMO. Some excellent songs, no doubt.

In the mail yesterday...

SINNER: "Mask of Sanity"

More melodic than their last few heavy-hitters, but not quite as good.

Yea, I didn't care for that one much either. Sounded like a bunch of Primal Fear's leftovers (which it may very well be, since Mat Sinner does time in both bands) to me.

Aerosmith - Live Bootleg

Bon Jovi - S/T

Three Days Grace - One X

Y&T - Yesterday & Today Live

Testament - Return To The Apocalyptic City

All from Lala

Peabo Bryson - Straight from the Heart West Germany pressing

Body Count - S/T w/cop killer

Sammy Hagar - VOA

Exodus - Fabulous Disaster

Madonna - S/T West Germany pressing

Emmylou Harris - White Shoes West Germany pressing

These next 2 from Terry! Thanks Man! I owe you!

Sinister Minister - How Do You Like Them Apples

Big Bad - Forgiven?