What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Steevi Jaimz - My Private Hell

in the running for album of the year imo.

really?

Im weighing up buying it... i love the first half... but the 2nd half just drops off

yeah, i remember you saying that... but i've given it a really good listen over the past 2 weeks and don't find it drops off too much. Sure, the first 2 songs are explosive, but after that it's pretty consistant.

probably Steevie Jaimz, Hardcore Superstar and Bai Bang are my top 3 of 2009 so far (in no particular order). There may be some stuff from earlier in the year that I'm forgetting, but those are the 3 sticking in my head at the moment.

Wow, I like all three too (still haven't given the Steevi Jaimz one too much airplay) but imo the Chris Laney CD is much better than all of these. I'd put Hardcore Superstar in 2nd place. All good discs, but Chris Laney is the best for sure.

really?

Im weighing up buying it... i love the first half... but the 2nd half just drops off

yeah, i remember you saying that... but i've given it a really good listen over the past 2 weeks and don't find it drops off too much. Sure, the first 2 songs are explosive, but after that it's pretty consistant.

probably Steevie Jaimz, Hardcore Superstar and Bai Bang are my top 3 of 2009 so far (in no particular order). There may be some stuff from earlier in the year that I'm forgetting, but those are the 3 sticking in my head at the moment.

Wow, I like all three too (still haven't given the Steevi Jaimz one too much airplay) but imo the Chris Laney CD is much better than all of these. I'd put Hardcore Superstar in 2nd place. All good discs, but Chris Laney is the best for sure.

yeah, Laney is a difficult one for me. It's very consistant, but doesn't have any of those songs that just blow you away.

really?

yeah, Laney is a difficult one for me. It's very consistant, but doesn't have any of those songs that just blow you away.

Please refer to my reply in the Best of 2009 thread. As I said there, very surprised to hear you say that as I feel the opposite.

really?

Please refer to my reply in the Best of 2009 thread. As I said there, very surprised to hear you say that as I feel the opposite.

It only arrived this morning, but I'm impressed with it so far. Need to give it a few more spins yet...probably this weekend it'll get hammered along with the other bits n bobs that have turned up over the week.

I heard one of the Chris Laney songs on Heavy Harmonies radio and wasn't blown away by it....in fact I found it a bit irritating. But then that's only one song I guess.....can't remember the name of it....actually just checking the tracklist it might have been Last Man Standing.

A few dollar (or less than) dazzlers from Mark:

Linkin Park - 'Meteora'

Disturbed - 'Indestructable'

Miss Crazy - s/t

Petra - 'Beyond belief'

Monday Morning - 'Fool's paradise'

Just ordered.....

Rush - A Farewell To Kings (Remastered)

Rush - Signals (Remastered)

MSG - Built To Destroy (Remastered)

Strike Twice...........S/T

Felony...................Helltown Motel

Just got those in yesterday and have been spinning them today. :headbanger:

I think the Strike Twice disc is my best purchase this year! Fantastic album! :banger:

Generation Swine-Motley Crue $5 S/h

Motley Crue 1994 $5 s/h

Havn't heard these two before,so if no good a tradin' they will go.

Not a huge fan of bands changing the sound without changing the name but the Crue: s/t is not bad IMO. A bunch of talent was on display with that one. I will always prefer "To Fast" and "Shout" but again, not bad. :beerbang: