American Angel-EP 92

Chrome Molly-Angst

The Shake-Smash & Grab

Joey C. Jones And The Glory Hounds-S/T

Dalton-Injection

Dalton-The Race Is On

Thanks again rob. You are the man!!!

I won

Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes 3CD box set on eBay...mega pleased as I've been after it for a couple of years but with it being deleted people were asking daft prices but I got it pretty reasonably.

I won

Mott the Hoople - All the Young Dudes 3CD box set on eBay...mega pleased as I've been after it for a couple of years but with it being deleted people were asking daft prices but I got it pretty reasonably.

Sweet mate. I nearly got that a year or so ago - wish I had now!!

Asia - Extended Versions: Live '05

Skagarack - S/T...+5 (Re-issue)

I won

I remember seeing it in HMV years ago and passing on it thinking I'd grab it at a later date, next thing I know it's deleted and pricey! Anyway grabbed it for £26 which is about £50 cheaper than I can find it anywhere else.

I won

I remember seeing it in HMV years ago and passing on it thinking I'd grab it at a later date, next thing I know it's deleted and pricey! Anyway grabbed it for £26 which is about £50 cheaper than I can find it anywhere else.

Good deal Mate! Didn't realise it went for that much now.

Stuff I got the past few weeks...anyone see a theme here...boning up on the ole Christian Metal (I owned most of these CDs before but sold them years ago, forgot how great a lot of these Christian bands were!)

Alleycat Scratch - Deadboys In Trash City (Reissue) (Thanks BrianJ!)

Bad Business - S/T EP

Guardian - First Watch

Heyday - S/T (Thanks Terry!)

Tempest - Eye Of The Storm

Tempest - Lost In The Storm

Whitecross - S/T

Whitecross - In The Kingdom

Whitecross - High Gear

Whitecross - Unveiled

X-Sinner - Peace Treaty

Stuff I got the past few weeks...anyone see a theme here...boning up on the ole Christian Metal (I owned most of these CDs before but sold them years ago, forgot how great a lot of these Christian bands were!)

Bad Business - S/T EP

Guardian - First Watch

Whitecross - S/T

Whitecross - High Gear

Whitecross - Unveiled

X-Sinner - Peace Treaty

What I find ironic is mixed in with the Christian Metal cds is Alleycat Scratch and their great song "Love Song" with the wonderful chorus "Fuck her up the Ass". :rofl2:

Bad Business - S/T EP

Guardian - First Watch

Whitecross - S/T

Whitecross - High Gear

Whitecross - Unveiled

X-Sinner - Peace Treaty

What I find ironic is mixed in with the Christian Metal cds is Alleycat Scratch and their great song "Love Song" with the wonderful chorus "Fuck her up the Ass". :rofl2:

What can I say, gotta love the Sleaze Metal too :lol:

Johnny Lima - version 1.2

signed too :)

Jon Bon Lima! ;) - too close for comfort on some of this disc, but certainly not a bad one Matt.

Some really great stuff from Rob/nightwolf in the mail today. :bowdown:

Rebelene-In The Middle Of Nowhere

Strongheart-Hard Wired

American Angel-EP 92

Chrome Molly-Angst

The Shake-Smash & Grab

Joey C. Jones And The Glory Hounds-S/T

Dalton-Injection

Dalton-The Race Is On

Thanks again rob. You are the man!!!

got these cds from terry who hooked me up with some awesome stuff!

unkind = s/t (heavy & awesome)

bone = temple (wow)

napalm death = fear, emptiness, despair

ashland = s/t

world XXI = s/t(i like this a lot)

moss dog = s/t (some good music here)

anthrax = attack of the killer b's

thanks terry for hooking me up with some of your local bands :bowdown:

Jon Bon Lima! ;) - too close for comfort on some of this disc, but certainly not a bad one Matt.

I have to admit, I always thought that comparison was a compliment Lima doesn't deserve. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but couldn't really compare any of his work to Bon Jovi with a straight face. :)

I have to admit, I always thought that comparison was a compliment Lima doesn't deserve. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy but couldn't really compare any of his work to Bon Jovi with a straight face. :)

I just re-read my review on this one and I may have been a little unkind with it. It ain't a bad disc at all, but I still can't get the Bob comparison out of my head, especially in his vocals.

I just re-read my review on this one and I may have been a little unkind with it. It ain't a bad disc at all, but I still can't get the Bob comparison out of my head, especially in his vocals.

:lol: And Freaky let you know right away how wrong you were! :lol:

Just had a look through the reviews there and only Oliver appeared to mention it, but the reason I could never compare Lima to Bon Jovi, aside from the obvious fact that Lima will never be able to write a song anywhere near as good as Bon Jovi's prime... but it's the lyrics that kill it for him. They've got to be some of the worst the scene has seen/heard.

And sorry my buddy, Jez, can't really see the vocal comparisons either. Surely you have to give a bit of credit to Jon Bon Jovi for the fact he can (or could, pre-1996) actually sing. As much as I don't mind Lima, he sounds like a whining drowning rat most the time. :(

Just had a look through the reviews there and only Oliver appeared to mention it, but the reason I could never compare Lima to Bon Jovi, aside from the obvious fact that Lima will never be able to write a song anywhere near as good as Bon Jovi's prime... but it's the lyrics that kill it for him. They've got to be some of the worst the scene has seen/heard.

And sorry my buddy, Jez, can't really see the vocal comparisons either. Surely you have to give a bit of credit to Jon Bon Jovi for the fact he can (or could, pre-1996) actually sing. As much as I don't mind Lima, he sounds like a whining drowning rat most the time. :(. Btw Jez we should go on a date...

Well i like it, and i bought it so... yas can all shutup.

Yeah, at the end of the day it is a good CD. Did you buy it from him direct or just end up with a signed one off ebay or something?

Yeah, at the end of the day it is a good CD. Did you buy it from him direct or just end up with a signed one off ebay or something?

Ebayness

Ahh - you got the copy I originally sold a while back that I wrote on with my marker pen!! ;)

And sorry my buddy, Jez, can't really see the vocal comparisons either. Surely you have to give a bit of credit to Jon Bon Jovi for the fact he can (or could, pre-1996) actually sing. As much as I don't mind Lima, he sounds like a whining drowning rat most the time. :(

Ah the previous obnoxious person!! - Oh how I wish he was back :yikes::lol:

Yeah, Bob could hold a tune, but he ain't ever gonna get any awards for his vocal prowess shall we say. I still hear him in Lima's voice and some of his songs though - sorry mate!!

Latest acquisitions...

Trivium: "Ascendency" (decent, but "The Crusade" is better)

Soilwork: "Stabbing the Drama" (not their best...)

Soilwork: "Sworn to a Great Divide" (excellent new metal album)

Faber Drive: "Seven Second Surgery" (OK, nothing special)

Latest acquisitions...

I'm not sure if it's true but I read a while back that the singer is gonna go back to the vocal style of that album for their new album. I hope not 'cause I liked his sound on "The Crusade".

Latest acquisitions...

I'm not sure if it's true but I read a while back that the singer is gonna go back to the vocal style of that album for their new album. I hope not 'cause I liked his sound on "The Crusade".

Yeah he sounds much more aggressive on vocals live than he does on the CD, & IMO the songs off "The Crusade" sound all the better for it. But surely that would be commercial suicide?

Revolution Riot......Blues For The Spiritually retarded

Street Legal..........Thunderdome

Straight Up...........Faster & Deeper

The Shock............Pinultimate

Journey................Frontiers

Messano...............S/T

Isom....................Hearts On Fire

Rough Cutt...........Rough Cutt/Rough Cutt Wants You

Scorpions.............Crazy World

Zool.....................S/T

Latest acquisitions...

That would suck. I much prefer the way he sings on "The Crusade." I also think the songs are better.

Latest acquisitions...

That would suck. I much prefer the way he sings on "The Crusade." I also think the songs are better.

That really surprises me. I thought the whole screamo thing was quickly dying the death it deserves. :(