I need HeavyHarmonies help!

I’m here for the help of identifying the following item as either an authentic pressing or a bootleg. Paypal says they need documentation from a non-biased (third party) professional dealer or appraiser. They are asking for a letterhead to be faxed to them with the serial # and item description. If any of you are willing to do this for me (I know there are tons of qualified individuals here) please let me know. Also I’d like for all your opinions on the authenticity of these pictures of the actually CD I received, to be posted below. Thank you for your time.

Fronts

IMG_0088.jpg

Backs

IMG_0089.jpg

It looks fake, but then....what do i know?

were these properly pressed when they came out?

if they were than that looks wrong....like it was printed off by someoe at home.

if the originals were all done that way then i may be wrong...

It's a boot... see how the printing/label go all the way to the center hole on the CD? You got hosed <_< The CD label is nothing more than the front cover cut to fit the round cd :popcorn: Now are you going to release names?

If any of you own the original, would you please post pictures. I just think it would be nice to show a comparison of this CD I received to an original. I mean it’s so blatantly obvious when you see both the original and the one I posted what one is the fake. Thanks!

If any of you own the original, would you please post pictures. I just think it would be nice to show a comparison of this CD I received to an original. I mean it’s so blatantly obvious when you see both the original and the one I posted what one is the fake. Thanks!

No need to...that is a shitty boot. Not even close....

This is a joke, right? Are you serious? There are so many giveaways, it's not even funny:

1. Disc has crappy inkjet-printed peelable label on it.

2. Artwork is printed on inkjet printer (and one that hasn't had its heads cleaned or aligned in a while -- see the white parallel lines on the tray card?)

3. Tray card is hand folded, not perfed.

4. Disc is a black blank used to dupe games.

Probably the most pathetic attempt at a bootleg I've seen in a LONG time.

Who was the seller? Out him please.

-Dan

I’m here for the help of identifying the following item as either an authentic pressing or a bootleg. Paypal says they need documentation from a non-biased (third party) professional dealer or appraiser. They are asking for a letterhead to be faxed to them with the serial # and item description. If any of you are willing to do this for me (I know there are tons of qualified individuals here) please let me know. Also I’d like for all your opinions on the authenticity of these pictures of the actually CD I received, to be posted below. Thank you for your time.

how much did you pay for this? im hoping not more then a buck or two...

Since he bought one off of 'rokkstarrzzzzz' or whatever the seller's name is.....maybe it's the scans of THAT one. I mean....he had a WHOLE thread dedicated to it already.......

OK, let’s clear things up a bit. This is the same CD as in my other thread (JLPRocks I’m glad you’re on the ball). Here is a link to the other thread: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=14185

I hope that answers all of your questions.

Now that I have received the picture of the original pressing (thanks lizzy). I can move to the next step. Here is what paypal has requested word for word:

“In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must

request documentation to support your claim that the item is not authentic. Please obtain a document from an unbiased, third-party, such as a dealer, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in the area of the item in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not authentic. If possible, the document should include a serial number and description of the item, and must be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if necessary.”

I know there are quite a few of you that run official businesses with selling CDs, I could really use your help. I wish I would not have burned my bridge with a certain dealer in the Las Vegas area, because I know he knows bootlegs inside and out. Hahaha. So if any of you would be willing to step up and help me out it would be much appreciated. Just send me a PM.

Thanks,

Metal-4-Ever

WTF!!!!!!! Send them the fucking picture of the real one, and show them what you recieved! They shouldn't need anything more than that.

Yeah, I got one, exactly like Lizzy's.....this shouldn't even be a question even though I know stupid ass Ebay/PayPal doesn't wanna deal with goin backwards on already banked commissions. This shit is bs, Ebay/PayPal make it next to impossible to ever have any recourse against shitheads like this, knowingly/making boots and selling them as originals. :angry:

This is correct.... How do I know... Well I had a buyer do it to me on some records... All you need to do is find a local shop that sells cds and have them hand write on there letter head that it is a bootleg. Just some hobby shop that sells cds will do.. Once you have that Paypal will side with you no questions asked.

It was a real shitty deal for me becuase Paypal didnt give me time to go to my local hobby shop and verify that it wasnt a bootleg. Once they had that paper case closed. I didnt even no about the paper until after it was done. The guy was a huge dealer out of Memphis that new ever shop in town. Didnt make shit whether it was a boot or not I was gonna lose. Funny I sold that record to 8 other people and all said it was legitite.

Anyway thats old news.... Just get a hobby shop or just some mom & pop shop to say its a boot and case closed. Anyone can be a professional dealer:) as long as they are a registered business that sells cds

Fronts

IMG_0088.jpg

Backs

IMG_0089.jpg