Favorite XYZ Album?

Favorite XYZ Album?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone!! One of my favorite bands is XYZ!!! I think they are great!! And very underated!!

I was just wondering what your favorite XYZ studio album is!

My favorite is between the first 2 albums....

But, out of those, I would have to pick, their debut s/t album!!!

So, what is your favorite?

Wow, their S/T and Hungry are both great IMO so I flipped a coin and went with Hungry. Rainy Days is cool to, maybe someday it will get a proper remastered release (which is highly unlikely lol). I had picked up both Axe Killer reissues of the first two albums and never had any intention of tracking down the originals, so I guess that's why both originals found me in a used cd store. If I had been trying to find them that never would have happened.

I went with Hungry because of the song 'Off To The Sun' which is amazing. Their debut album is great as well... But you forgot to mention their very first EP, released in France (vinyl) a looong time ago (Ok, I have to admit this is not an essential release).

Tracklist:

1. Straight In The Night

2. Only Get You On The Phone

3. Connected To You

4. Slow Me Down

3ef46254e73ffbfaf2d654aao6.jpg

'Hungry' is excellent, a brilliant album... but the s/t is on the verge of being perfect. I think only 'Inside out' and 'Follow the night' stop it from being flawless. s/t, easily. Even if I do love 'Hungry'. 'Rainy Day's is cool too. ''Letter to god' is not the worst album ever.

I went with Hungry because of the song 'Off To The Sun' which is amazing. Their debut album is great as well... But you forgot to mention their very first EP, released in France (vinyl) a looong time ago (Ok, I have to admit this is not an essential release).

Tracklist:

1. Straight In The Night

3. Connected To You

4. Slow Me Down

They were on the USA version of Take what you want...live also. I prefer the Japan version of the cd because it has four newer songs as the bonus tracks. I didn't care for these songs at all...very cheesy imo.

JL

Tracklist:

1. Straight In The Night

3. Connected To You

4. Slow Me Down

They were on the USA version of Take what you want...live also. I prefer the Japan version of the cd because it has four newer songs as the bonus tracks. I didn't care for these songs at all...very cheesy imo.

JL

Backed. I love the band, but those 4 tracks are terrible. I was pissed off when I shelled out aud$35 for those 4 tracks alone (I have the live disc, but don't care for live albums) and the songs were absolute shit. I thought they were new ones recorded in 1992 or something at the time. :(

Not sure if was the fact that Don Dokken produced this album or the fact that it had the better songs but the debut is stellar. I do like the Hungry album too and Rainy Dayz... good band. :banger:

Another tough call......I love the S/T for the song "After The Rain".....and I love "Hungry" for "Face Down In The Gutter".

Hungry

I love the S/T. "Hungry" is good but has some filler I don't care for. I like "Letter To God" but haven't heard "Rainy Days".

Not sure if was the fact that Don Dokken produced this album or the fact that it had the better songs but the debut is stellar. I do like the Hungry album too and Rainy Dayz... good band. :banger:

I think there were some songs in there were Don was singing.

• 1 year later...
It's the S/T for me easily even though I like Hungry. Hungry did have several fillers but the S/T one was excellent all the way through!

No need to say more when I agree totally with Mullet on this one.

It's the S/T for me easily even though I like Hungry. Hungry did have several fillers but the S/T one was excellent all the way through!

No need to say more when I agree totally with Mullet on this one.

And I can't say enough how much I like Hungry but there were just too many fillers. The one's that did stand out though rocked big time! I would also give honorable mention to the song Letter To God off the same album title.

Wowzer, surprised to see "Hungry" playing second fiddle to the debut, because I think "Hungry" absolutely smokes the first album. Haven't cared for the debut since I first heard it; matter of fact, I bought it at a used CD shop in college, listened to it once, and promptly returned it for something better (if I recall correctly, I traded it for Heaven's Edge and was quite happy with my decision). Much prefer the tougher, ballsier sound on "Hungry" (I'm sure there's a joke in there about how I like tough balls, but leave it alone).

"Hungry" all the way for me. The debut doesn't even merit a place in my collection.

Wowzer, surprised to see "Hungry" playing second fiddle to the debut, because I think "Hungry" absolutely smokes the first album. Haven't cared for the debut since I first heard it; matter of fact, I bought it at a used CD shop in college, listened to it once, and promptly returned it for something better (if I recall correctly, I traded it for Heaven's Edge and was quite happy with my decision). Much prefer the tougher, ballsier sound on "Hungry" (I'm sure there's a joke in there about how I like tough balls, but leave it alone).

"Hungry" all the way for me. The debut doesn't even merit a place in my collection.

Alot of people on here probably wished you still had it...the original is tough to find these days. I am really surprised you didn't like it. Do you like Dokken?

...the original is tough to find these days. I am really surprised you didn't like it. Do you like Dokken?

To be honest, I don't particularly remember the debut...as I said, I spun it once and promptly got rid of it, and that was back in my college days when I kept almost anything that was "hair metal." But to answer your question, no, I'm not a huge Dokken fan; I don't hate them, but I only own two CDs ("Back for the Attack" and "Erase the Slate") and I rarely reach for either album more than once a year.

...the original is tough to find these days. I am really surprised you didn't like it. Do you like Dokken?

To be honest, I don't particularly remember the debut...as I said, I spun it once and promptly got rid of it, and that was back in my college days when I kept almost anything that was "hair metal." But to answer your question, no, I'm not a huge Dokken fan; I don't hate them, but I only own two CDs ("Back for the Attack" and "Erase the Slate") and I rarely reach for either album more than once a year.

Give it another shot brother...I think you'll like it :)