THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN -- Volume 42

Thumbs up or down on these titles  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 years later...

~ Mass: thumbs up

~ Guardian: Haven't heard their first album, but I've heard their second one...

~ Kingofthehill: thumbs up

• 1 month later...

1. Never heard (or if I have heard, I don't recall)

2. Thumb in the middle (neither up or down; a mediocre band/album at best)

3. Barf. (Kingofthehill blew goats.... :puke:)

• 3 weeks later...

1. Mass: "Voices in the Night" ~ Half-hearted thumbs up. Not a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination, but a solid slab of 80s commercial metal, given that Stryper-esque vibe by Michael Sweet's production.

2. Guardian: "First Watch" ~ Thumbs up. Much more polished--again, thanks to Michael Sweet producing--than later albums, but still pretty darn good.

3. King of the Hill: s/t ~ Not quite sure why this is being labled a Christian band? Regardless, it's decent enough, but nothing special. I gave it a thumbs-up in the poll, though in reality I would have voted neutrally if the option had been available.

[quote name='66 mustang' post='493922' date='Jun 20 2009, 06:57 PM'

anything jamie rowe sings on gets a thumbs up from me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, stupid, Jamie didnt sing on the first album. Why don't you take a listen to that album and tell me that was Jamie Rowe. bunch of idiots around here

:bananamac:

I"m pretty sure Oz Fox produced the Guardian album.

I do believe you are correct. My bad. But at least I knew Jamie Rowe didn't sing on the debut... :lol:

yep, as big of a fan of Guardian that I am I just saw Guardian and knew it was thumbs up, unless it was Buzz and that is really the only one that I don't care for. I knew Jamie came along after the first album. I've always wanted to hear Jamie put his spin on some of the songs from the frist album and when I heard Guardians "Yellow & Black Attack Is Back" I knew that first album would sound good with Jamie and the more blue style treatment.

I might have missed it, but no one's said Kingofthehill were a christian band, did they? I think Rob just put 3 random bands in this thread and two happened to be christian and one didn't.

Dudes, get our sweet heavenly lord and saviour Jesus Christ off your minds for once! ;)

I might have missed it, but no one's said Kingofthehill were a Christian band, did they? I think Rob just put 3 random bands in this thread and two happened to be Christian and one didn't.

Yo, jackass, look at the very first post in this thread: "a couple of Christian bands." Please do at least a minimal amount of research prior to opening your pie-hole, you heathenistic Christ-hater.

I might have missed it, but no one's said Kingofthehill were a Christian band, did they? I think Rob just put 3 random bands in this thread and two happened to be Christian and one didn't.

Yo, jackass, look at the very first post in this thread: "a couple of Christian bands." Please do at least a minimal amount of research prior to opening your pie-hole, you heathenistic Christ-hater.

Doesn't a couple mean two?

Two christian bands, one non-christian band. Jesus is messing up your head, mate. ;)

Doesn't a couple mean two?

Two Christian bands, one non-Christian band. Jesus is messing up your head, mate. ;)

Well, if you want to take it that way... :wacko:

And if I was your typical Christian zealot, I would say something like "Jesus isn't in my head, He's in my heart," just to watch you gag. Luckily for you, I'm one of those liberal Christians who doesn't spout shit like that at every opportunity. :poop: