Ryan @ Metal Mayhem

He's got a CD on eBay that I want but I know some people have had some issues with him lately (although I've bought from him in the past with no problem). Anyone have any comments? Thanks! :drink:

I've heard stories as well, but I've never had any problems with him

i have bought lots from him in the past never any problems very large collection very knowledgable spent many hours talking on the phone i say hes a class act with a great label Metal Mayhem working on completing its catolgue he gets two thumbs up rock on ryan :banger:

Never had a problem......mostly have dealt with Chris, his brother....but buying a cd from them should be ZERO chance of a problem.

I have bought from Ryan for over 3 years now and everything has been PERFECT! I have called and talked to him,his brother Chris and wife Sara. Just great easy to talk to people. I have called many times,left a message and they have ALWAYS returned my calls. I have never bought anything that I have had a problem with. Their shipping time also has been very fast! As far as I am concerned they are some of the best folks to deal with bar NONE! I think you will be well pleased :)

Guest Cruedog85

I've bought a ton of stuff from Ryan in the past, and it's always been a great experience. Do not hesitate at all.

:agree: me too...

same here.....

yeah i just got back into the cd trade/collecting thang after 3 yrs off and ive bought a bunch from them and its always easy and fast :)

i will never buy of him again the shambles i had with the king kobra cd was enough for me

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

I just won several cds from him on ebay again. I seem to go "shopping" there every few months. He always has some new and interesting music.

If I have any problem, I will let everyone know.... but I doubt it based on past history. :)

Ryan's always been good to me. Never had a problem with him.

i will never buy of him again the shambles i had with the king kobra cd was enough for me

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

I just won several cds from him on ebay again. I seem to go "shopping" there every few months. He always has some new and interesting music.

If I have any problem, I will let everyone know.... but I doubt it based on past history. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've never had a problem with Ryan or Metal Mayhem, but a few years back I did witness some downright nasty, obnoxious, and completely unprofessional behavior on his brother Chris's part, directed toward my brother. The story goes a little something like this:

My brother buys a Metal Mayhem release off eBay, pays for it promptly, and then waits for it to arrive. A week goes by, no CD, so he sends an email.

Chris' (Ryan's brother) reply: "Sorry, busy week, forgot to mail it. Will get it out to you today."

My brother waits another week, still no CD, so sends another email.

Chris' reply: "Impatient little prick, aren't you? If you're in such a fucking hurry to get your CD, you should have bought it from somewhere else. It's just one CD, hardly worth our time. Little fish like you piss me off. Still, to make you go away, I'll mail your CD out today, I promise."

Now, admittedly, at this point my brother gets hot, and resorts to a profanity-riddled email telling Chris/Metal Mayhem to send him the CD or else.

Chris' reply: "Fuck you, asshole. I'll send it when I'm goddamn good and ready. Or maybe I won't send it at all. Serve you right for crying like a little bitch. How'd you like that, huh? I take your money and you don't get a CD. Serve you right, fucker."

Things deteriorated into back-and-forth "fuck you" emails until the CD finally showed up in the mail, nearly a month after my brother purchased it. Chris then sent a final email to my brother telling him to never order from Metal Mayhem again. Needless to say, my brother had no intention of doing so, and to this day badmouths Metal Mayhem to anyone who will listen to him. :angry:

Since it's my brother we're talking about here, I admit to being biased, but delayed shipping, broken promises, childish threats, and foul language are not exactly professional methods of running a business. Not sure what made Chris act that way, but even though I still buy from them occasionally, that incident has always left me a little sour.

Wow, at the above story.

Back in the days when I bought CDs I bought regularly of Ryan/Metal Mayhem and I never had a problem. The only minor thing I ever had here in Australia was pretty slow delivery time (a little longer than usual from the US, and I was making big orders too), but never enough to phase me. I would 100% back a decision to buy from him/them anytime and will do so if I ever have CD money again. (I think my little puggell friend just ate all that. :()

I just received a large order from Ryan.

Overall, I am very satisfied with my purchase, but I had two small issues:

1) His packaging leaves something to be desired. I always seem to lose a few jewel cases... :angry: But several sellers seem to have this problem.

2) Two of the cds were still in their plastic wrap, yet they had a few hairline scratches. How does that happen?? <_<

Still, as I said before, he offers tons of great music! :drink:

that reminds me my one pet peeve in buying from his ebay auctions, cds are sent with out jewel cases despite paying the correct postage to include jewle cases.

also years ago, I won a cd he sold as an original cd only to get a cdr, he did email me regarding this the last time his name was raised here on HH but never got a response back to my offer.

when you are ready ryan