Anthrax album

Best Anthrax  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hardly ever participate in polls, but I thought I'd try.... I know Anthrax is a thrash band, but, I have been giving these guys a lot of airplay lately....which is your favorite?

Fistful of Metal

Armed and Dangerous

State of Euphoria

Among the Living

Persistance of Time

Sound of White Noise

Stomp 442

I'm the Man EP

We Have Come For Your All

I liked "State pf Euphoria" mainly for "Antisocial" tied between "Persistance of Time" for "Keep it in the Family" Both tracks rock!

Oops I goofed again...can someone help me with this? :anon:

I'm a huge fan of the John Bush era Anthrax.

My fav is 'We've Come for you All' with "Sound of White Noise" being second. I like the Belladonna albums also but not near as much as the Bush releases. IMO Anthrax was one of the best if not the best Metal band of the 1990's.

Well then, there it is right?

Thanks a lot, man. :) I should've paid more attention to what I was doing

I'm a huge fan of the John Bush era Anthrax.

My fav is 'We've Come for you All' with "Sound of White Noise" being second. I like the Belladonna albums also but not near as much as the Bush releases. IMO Anthrax was one of the best if not the best Metal band of the 1990's.

Hell, I liked both vocalists. Thier videos were awesome as well....I just watched the video for "Im the Man", and its hilarious. I agree, one of the best bands (among others) that survived through the grunge period.

Do you think you can change that to 'Sound of White Noise' instead of Black Noise and add in Volume 8:The Threat is Real and Spreading the Disease, and it's 'Stomp 442' not Stomp.

I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass, I swear. :anon:

The only Bush-era disc I really really like is "We've Come For You All." I was kinda out of the loop for much of the 90s and not paying attention to a lot of Anthrax stuff, I had Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 but didn't really care for either of them (I think I was annoyed that John's joining Anthrax caused Armored Saint to fall down to side-project status.)

That said, the first four Anthrax records (and yes, I say "records" because I owned several of them on vinyl back in the day) -- FISTFUL, ARMED & DANGEROUS, SPREADING THE DISEASE and AMONG THE LIVING - are totally essential listening. I love'em all but AMONG THE LIVING is my favorite and gets my vote.

The only Bush-era disc I really really like is "We've Come For You All." I was kinda out of the loop for much of the 90s and not paying attention to a lot of Anthrax stuff, I had Sound of White Noise and Stomp 442 but didn't really care for either of them (I think I was annoyed that John's joining Anthrax caused Armored Saint to fall down to side-project status.)

That said, the first four Anthrax records (and yes, I say "records" because I owned several of them on vinyl back in the day) -- FISTFUL, ARMED & DANGEROUS, SPREADING THE DISEASE and AMONG THE LIVING - are totally essential listening. I love'em all but AMONG THE LIVING is my favorite and gets my vote.

I strongly suggest that you reaccess the 90's Anthrax releases like you have the Blaze era Maiden.

I strongly suggest that you reaccess the 90's Anthrax releases like you have the Blaze era Maiden.

Perhaps one day I will. However, it took me ten years before I felt brave enough to re-experience THE X FACTOR, eight years to finally buy VIRTUAL XI and I dont' think I'm in that much of a hurry to re-purchase the Bush era Thrax stuff. :)

Nah, but seriously, I just never thought he was a great fit for the band. I love his vocals in Armored Saint but something just never felt right for me when he joined Anthrax. I dunno. Guess I've always been a BellaDonna man.

By the way, if anyone's interested, Neil Turbin (the guy who sang on FISTFUL OF METAL and then disappeared for twenty years) has re-surfaced, he sings a track called "Crucifixation" on Jack Frost (Seven Witches)'s new solo album, OUT IN THE COLD, and it's quite good.

Perhaps one day I will. However, it took me ten years before I felt brave enough to re-experience THE X FACTOR, eight years to finally buy VIRTUAL XI and I dont' think I'm in that much of a hurry to re-purchase the Bush era Thrax stuff. :)

Nah, but seriously, I just never thought he was a great fit for the band. I love his vocals in Armored Saint but something just never felt right for me when he joined Anthrax. I dunno. Guess I've always been a BellaDonna man.

By the way, if anyone's interested, Neil Turbin (the guy who sang on FISTFUL OF METAL and then disappeared for twenty years) has re-surfaced, he sings a track called "Crucifixation" on Jack Frost (Seven Witches)'s new solo album, OUT IN THE COLD, and it's quite good.

Neil also has a new album out I think called Deathriders.

JOHN BUSH IS GOD!!!!(can anyone tell how I feel about the Anthrax reunion)

among the living for me,grew up with Belladonna Anthrax,hence why i prefer his vox,altough ive seen em live with Bush and they were excellent. :headbanger:

I wasnt a big fan of the Bush-era stuff to be honest, so went with "State of Euphoria"...

I voted for 'Sound Of White Noise', even if the poll states the noise is black, it could have been purple, yellow, green, no matter the noise was great. One of the best releases of the early/mid 90's.

Unlike Metallica (excluding the Black album which was good), the new decade brought forth some kick ass Anthrax cd's, the following 2 or 3 releases were also great and gone were the days of goofy lyrics, jean shorts with cartoon t-shirts, the necessity to want to get caught in a mosh pit and attempts at rapping, all the while trying to become 'the man'.

Do you think you can change that to 'Sound of White Noise' instead of Black Noise and add in Volume 8:The Threat is Real and Spreading the Disease, and it's 'Stomp 442' not Stomp.

Oops, apparently I do not check my work. I think I copied that right from Brutalmetal.com instead of the first post and then I just didn't even look at it... :anon:

Oops, apparently I do not check my work. I think I copied that right from Brutalmetal.com instead of the first post and then I just didn't even look at it... :anon:

thanks Pete.

• 2023 Gold Donors
among the living for me,grew up with Belladonna Anthrax,hence why i prefer his vox :headbanger:

Same for me. My little brother turned my on to them and I got into them in late 80's - early 90's. Once I moved out of my parents home, I kinda pulled away from them. I haven't heard to much of their stuff from about the late 90's till now.

gone were the days of goofy lyrics, jean shorts with cartoon t-shirts, the necessity to want to get caught in a mosh pit and attempts at rapping, all the while trying to become 'the man'.

Thank God, someone else who hated "I'm The Man"... never did understand how that goofy rap song became such a huge hit... I first heard it on the B-side of the "I Am The Law" single and thought it was sort of funny, but then after 10,000 listens and hearing it everywhere I went... ugh... never want to hear that thing again! VH1 Classic played it on "Metal Mania" about a month ago and I even changed the channel for three minutes rather than sit through that stupid video...!

• 1 month later...

Im an Anthrax fan from way back in the day, and this might be anti-anthrax or whatever, but John Bush put that band on a level that could never be reached by Belladonna, he's a million times better vocalist, and has more then one variable to his style of singing, and unfortunatly I can't take them seriously again unless Bush sings for them again.

Im an Anthrax fan from way back in the day, and this might be anti-anthrax or whatever, but John Bush put that band on a level that could never be reached by Belladonna, he's a million times better vocalist, and has more then one variable to his style of singing, and unfortunatly I can't take them seriously again unless Bush sings for them again.

I feel the same way. John Bush rules IMO.

Thank God, someone else who hated "I'm The Man"... never did understand how that goofy rap song became such a huge hit... I first heard it on the B-side of the "I Am The Law" single and thought it was sort of funny, but then after 10,000 listens and hearing it everywhere I went... ugh... never want to hear that thing again!

:agree: