Anthrax album

Best Anthrax  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I chose "Spreading The Disease". "Among The Living" a close second. I agree with FatFreddy about John Bush era Anthrax. After that "Bring The Noise" rap crap fiasco had already left a bad taste in my mouth, the announced departure of Belladonna and his announced replacement Bush was the nail in the coffin for me. I was a fan of Armored Saint so it wasn't nothing personal against Bush. He just didn't seem like he should be in Anthrax.

Now... I was bored and roaming around a local record convention awhile back and someone was selling the Bush era CDs for like 4 for 10.00 or something like that. So I went and bought them all. I got "Sound Of White Noise", "Stomp 442", "Volume 8: The Threat Is Real", and "We've Come For You All". And I must say, they DO kick ass. Especially enjoyed the first Bush disc "Sound Of White Noise". "Room For One More" kicks ass!! :banger:

I chose "Spreading The Disease". "Among The Living" a close second. I agree with FatFreddy about John Bush era Anthrax. After that "Bring The Noise" rap crap fiasco had already left a bad taste in my mouth, the announced departure of Belladonna and his announced replacement Bush was the nail in the coffin for me. I was a fan of Armored Saint so it wasn't nothing personal against Bush. He just didn't seem like he should be in Anthrax.

Now... I was bored and roaming around a local record convention awhile back and someone was selling the Bush era CDs for like 4 for 10.00 or something like that. So I went and bought them all. I got "Sound Of White Noise", "Stomp 442", "Volume 8: The Threat Is Real", and "We've Come For You All". And I must say, they DO kick ass. Especially enjoyed the first Bush disc "Sound Of White Noise". "Room For One More" kicks ass!! :banger:

Glad to hear you like the Bush era 'Thrax.

I was a huge fan of Armored Saint 'Symbol of Salvation' so when it was announced that they were breaking up so John could join Anthrax I was pissed. After I heard Sound of White Noise I wasn't pissed anymore, and every since then I have stood up for the Bush era Anthrax. IMO they were the most consistent Metal band of the last 10-12 years. It's just a shame that many of the old fans wouldn't give it a chance. It's also a shame that they never got the proper support from the labels they were signed to. It really looked like good things were gonna happen with We've Come for you All and the single 'Safe Home' but for whatever reason it didn't happen for them. From interviews you can even tell Scott Ian and Charlie Benante wish John was still in the band and miss playing the Bush era songs.

Heaven and Hell, Safe Home did pretty well, considering it's Anthrax, I saw them perform Safe Home on Conan, and on the other late night show, with the dude that used to be a VJ on Mtv, the pretty boy, Carson whatever, they did an unplugged set of safe home and they kicked ass on that one, I don't know how good or bad the cd itself sold, but making the late night rounds counldnt have done it any harm! and for better or worse, it was great to hear the fans energetic reactions to the song, a lot of people still harbor the "Anthrax! don't they worship satan?" type of mentallity..

• 2 years later...

For me, it's pretty much a coin toss between "Sound of White Noise" and "We Have Come for you All." In the end, I went with "Sound of White Noise" simply because I got sick of wavering back and forth between the two. But really, can't go wrong with either one. Never did have much use for early Anthrax though...

Man... the were just showing the video for "Madhouse" off of "Spreading The Disease" on that VH1 show "The 100 Best Hard Rock Songs". It's was somewhere in the high 40's to low 50's. Anthrax ruled!!

• 1 year later...

Spreading the disease is my favorite, followed by Persistence of Time, Among the Living and Fistful of Metal;i hate the Bush era with a passion;Sound of White Noise is ok,but the rest is a big pile of shit,imo.

• Haha 1