Pink Cream 69 - Ceremonial

Stefan

Pink Cream 69's new album 'Ceremonial' out January next year. Samples below.

I'm looking forward to this!

534139_10151148996363388_196955160_n.jpg

Tracklisting:

1. Land Of Confusion
2. Wasted Years
3. Special
4. Find Your Soul
5. The Tide
6. Big Machine
7. Let The Thunder Roll
8. Right From Wrong
9. Passage Of Time
10. I Came To Rock
11. King For One Day
12. Superman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8uRAM7uR60

Sounds like pure PC69 to me. Love 'em or hate 'em, I'd expect them to sound exactly as they do. I personally have missed these guys and will definitely welcome the new CD. An ever-solid band you can rely on to be solid, as always.

Agreed... They have been very consistant with their releases except for that "Change" album in 1995... Like AC/DC... i like them to stay just as they are

• 1 month later...

Six years after the critically praised “In10sity” album, the German based band delivers another slice of great Arena Hard Rock ! Hot on heels after a successful German tour with HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS, “Ceremonial” is PC69’s second studio effort for Frontiers Records and also the first album with their new drummer Chris Schmidt. This new album is possibly the freshest and most diverse PINK CREAM 69 album to date. Recorded partially at Hofa Studios and mixed at Dennis Ward’s private studio - The TrakShak - the band really made the best of their time. “The songs had to be 100% ready and we took all the necessary time”, states bass player and producer Dennis Ward. “This gaves us the possibility to experiment and to achieve the best possible result.” And indeed, the explosive, energetic opening track “Land Of Confusion”, the contemporary rocking “Wasted Years”, the biographic “I Came To Rock” the heavily 90s-influenced “Find Your Soul” or the soulful “Passage” are all new, bright and shining diamonds in a discography full of highlights and hits.

We deliberately called the album “Ceremonial” because we feel it’s kind of a celebration of music styles we all grew up with, regardless of what PC69 has done in the past”, continues Ward.

There were various projects that I was involved in over the last couple of years”, adds singer David Readman. “But the work on “Ceremonial” felt like coming home. A real relief.” Nothing more to add.

Tracklist:

01 – Land Of Confusion

02 – Wasted Years

03 – Special

04 – Find Your Soul

05 – The Tide

06 – Big Machine

07 – Let The Thunder Roll

08 – Right From Wrong

09 – Passage Of Time

10 – I Came To Rock

11 – King For One Day

12 – Superman

PINK CREAM 69

David Readman – vocals

Alfred Koffler – guitars

Uwe Reitenauer – guitars

Dennis Ward – bass

Chris Schmidt – drums

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8uRAM7uR60

Ok, I need to ask anyone who has heard this album in it's entirety, and whos FAVORITE PC69 ALBUM IS SONIC DYNAMITE! this question is only to anyone who fits this description, Ok those still reading, how is this album? thank you

Ok, I need to ask anyone who has heard this album in it's entirety, and whos FAVORITE PC69 ALBUM IS SONIC DYNAMITE! this question is only to anyone who fits this description, Ok those still reading, how is this album? thank you

I have no idea what it sounds like yet but I can tell you the best PC69 album imo is Electrified. I prefer Change & Food for Thought over SD.

***edit*** I am referring to anything without Deris as the early stuff is way more killer than anything released with Readman.

I have no idea what it sounds like yet but I can tell you the best PC69 album imo is Electrified. I prefer Change & Food for Thought over SD.

***edit*** I am referring to anything without Deris as the early stuff is way more killer than anything released with Readman.

REALLY!! that early PC69 must be more your flavor, I thought I had heard everything prior to SD, but apparently I have not, so can you point me to which album brings that type of rock that they came with on SD? I dont know what the fuck do we even call it? gonna have to do a thread on that, but anyways, that heavy powerful and not fast, but faster sound, the falling somewhere between Metal, Power, and Rock, with the 80's style vocals with much melodic overtones, I dont recall hearing that flavor on anything prior to SD, seems like it was more of that heavy heavy metal sound, like Shakra, like Edguy, that kind of metal sound is what I fuse into what I feel SD came out with, agree or disagree, THATS MY FUCKING LINE OF MUSIC THAT ALL FITS INTO MY OWN GENRE THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS CAUSE IVE NEVER HEARD IT BE CLASSIFIED! but thats about the point of my whole question here, I havent really enjoyed anything after SD, Ive liked songs here and there, but I would really really enjoy a return to that style of sound, and BTW, if you guys can throw any other bands of that style my way id appreciate it, oh another one I consider this genre would be Dynazty? thats all.

Yeah I was just lying, I was seeing if you guys actually liked SD? im glad you passed the test, my albums are and will always be Thunderdome, and In10sity, SD, god you guys almost fell for it, way to go guys.

I haven't really paid much attention to this band for one reason or another. I did love "One Size Fits All" and the excellent tune "Talk To The Moon". I guess I should check out a few Readman releases. I really liked Deris though.

New album pales against In10sity & Thunderdome IMO.

Hmmmm...I thought it was better than "In10sity" and "Thunderdome" (not by much, mind you, as those are both good albums) but not as good as "Electrified" (their best album, IMO) and "Sonic Dynamite."

REALLY!! that early PC69 must be more your flavor, I thought I had heard everything prior to SD, but apparently I have not, so can you point me to which album brings that type of rock that they came with on SD? I dont know what the fuck do we even call it? gonna have to do a thread on that, but anyways, that heavy powerful and not fast, but faster sound, the falling somewhere between Metal, Power, and Rock, with the 80's style vocals with much melodic overtones, I dont recall hearing that flavor on anything prior to SD, seems like it was more of that heavy heavy metal sound, like Shakra, like Edguy, that kind of metal sound is what I fuse into what I feel SD came out with, agree or disagree, THATS MY FUCKING LINE OF MUSIC THAT ALL FITS INTO MY OWN GENRE THAT SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS CAUSE IVE NEVER HEARD IT BE CLASSIFIED! but thats about the point of my whole question here, I havent really enjoyed anything after SD, Ive liked songs here and there, but I would really really enjoy a return to that style of sound, and BTW, if you guys can throw any other bands of that style my way id appreciate it, oh another one I consider this genre would be Dynazty? thats all.

You want one size fits all and games people play immediately!!!!

You want one size fits all and games people play immediately!!!!

Backed Jarred!

Both of those discs are excellent and my two favs from the band and I love the Readman stuff but Deris is one of my fav singers but then again I'm a huge Deris era Helloween fan.

New album pales against In10sity & Thunderdome IMO.

Hmmmm...I thought it was better than "In10sity" and "Thunderdome" (not by much, mind you, as those are both good albums) but not as good as "Electrified" (their best album, IMO) and "Sonic Dynamite."

Yep, in a nutshell that's basically spot on. It's nothing amazing, but what PC69 album has been since 'Electrified?' You know what to expect from these guys, and they deliver what you expect from them - nothing much more or much less. I also think this is the best of the last 3 albums, with a few very nice more melodic tunes at the front end of the CD. Pretty standard middle section, and a couple more winners towards the end. Sounds like a good, solid and typical PC69 CD. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are who they are.