RIP Malcolm Young

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

LEGENDARY Australian guitarist and AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young has died aged 64.
Known for the powerhouse riffs and rhythm guitar that propelled the Sydney group to superstardom, Young had been suffering from dementia for the past three years.
He was replaced by nephew Stevie for the band’s last tour promoting the 2014 album Rock Or Bust.
He died peacefully on Saturday with his family by his bedside, a statement said. “Renowned for his musical prowess, Malcolm was a songwriter, guitarist, performer, producer and visionary who inspired many,” the statement read. “From the outset, he knew what he wanted to achieve and, along with his younger brother, took to the world stage giving their all at every show. Nothing less would do for their fans.” He is survived by his wife O’Linda and two children.

23561669_10155864701887930_491185474145177774_n.jpg?oh=90bdfdd2de466bc47b1588e4c14df2e6&oe=5A972CE5

Damn. This sucks. 

It's been a rough year for the Young family... Angus & Malcolm's older brother George (ex-Easybeats, he also produced much of AC/DC's early catalog) passed away just a few weeks ago.

This one hurts though. Let There Be Rock was the first rock album I owned. It ignited a lifelong obsession with loud 'n' obnoxious music. 
AC/DC started it all for me. I owe them everything.

R.I.P. Malcolm... and thanks.... 

Aww man. 64 isn't old by any stretch.

As Keith mentioned I too was enamored by the AC/DC however I got smitten with Dirty Deeds and then of course the Back N Black. Of course IMMEDIATELY backfilled everything prior and was a fan ever since.

AC/DC was my first show, Flick of the Switch tour, my folks said I was to young for the For Those About To Rock tour.

RIP Malcom.