Hinder

Glen

Just heard it on the radio yesterday morning here in Houston. They then had people call in and tell them what they thought....

Interesting that a majority of them thought it was 'ok'.......and the reason it was just 'ok' was because it sounded like the 80's!! LOL

One girl even said it sounded like Motley Crue.....

Good news... any news on when the new album is due? Been looking forward to this one a lot.

About time these guys came out with some new stuff. I liked everything about there first release and the videos helped back up some good music. I havent heard the new single yet though

Yeah, I agree it's been a long time coming. As for 'Extreme Behaviour', it was actually their 2nd album. Their horrid debut is pretty much impossible to find... for very, very good reason.

Just heard this last night. I liked it. Lookin' forward to the new CD. Wonder if there'll be a single on it that gets as overplayed as "Lips of an Angel"... Great song, but good Lord, you couldn't turn anywhere without hearing it...

I wanna say they said it will be out in November......and the track is on youtube....

Hinder's new song Use Me

I wanna say they said it will be out in November......and the track is on youtube....

Hinder's new song Use Me

SSSSSSWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!

Chris

So I'll be the lone Modern Rock fan to slate this one! Yeah it's kinda okay, but I still hate those vocals & the last album was so terrible that I know they won't be able to string more than about 3 good songs out of 12 onto an album. It's not really even Modern Rock, is just like a Skid Row tune that wasn't good enough to go on one of their first 2 albums. They sound a little like a more 80's version of ATREYU, without the awesome production, heavy guitars & huge hooks...

They sound a little like a more 80's version of ATREYU, without the awesome production, heavy guitars & huge hooks...

I finally looked up this band and I cannot see what the hype is about at all. The guitars and the band seem tight but the vocals...oh my God. Fucking terrible & nothing but screaming and cookie monster rock. I will have to pass on them. Now Hinder & Shinedown...I can roll with them :)

I finally looked up this band and I cannot see what the hype is about at all. The guitars and the band seem tight but the vocals...oh my God. Fucking terrible & nothing but screaming and cookie monster rock. I will have to pass on them. Now Hinder & Shinedown...I can roll with them :)

Hey Jarred,

Just out of curiosity, have you heard the 'Lead sail paper anchor' disc from 2007? This is their latest disc and the cookie monster vocals are all but completely gone (though I admit that before this one there was a lot of screaming, though not too much on 'A death grip on yesterday' from 2006).

It is just a 100% heavy rock disc, imo the way they should all sound these days. :) Seriously, musically this, to me, is a 100% flawless sound.

Hey Jarred,

Just out of curiosity, have you heard the 'Lead sail paper anchor' disc from 2007? This is their latest disc and the cookie monster vocals are all but completely gone (though I admit that before this one there was a lot of screaming, though not too much on 'A death grip on yesterday' from 2006).

It is just a 100% heavy rock disc, imo the way they should all sound these days. :) Seriously, musically this, to me, is a 100% flawless sound.

I d/l all of them and didn't like any of it. Sorry mate :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Funny. Two days ago I heard this song on the radio and frantically scratched the chorus down in my car hoping to find out who it was here. I thought it was a cool new tune; killer sound rooted in 80s hard rock with a somewhat modern vocal feel (actually wish they had a more retro sounding singer personally).

Not being too familiar with Hinder, I was going to say the song sounded kinda like them and when I searched Itunes lo and behold.

Musically I think this would be a perfect progression for a band looking to update their 80s sound like GNR. Just wish the vocals were better.

Still dig the song though.

Honestly, if this bands up-tempo songs were as good as their ballads then I'd be looking forward to this. I'll probably get the single, as this is a great tune, but not the album....

Next single to be released 30/09 - 'Without You'

Heading for modern rock album of the year??

Marvellous stuff.

http://musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?Fus...9&Quality=5

:drink:

AWESOME!!!! They might give Shinedown a run for their money for album of the year!

Next single to be released 30/09 - 'Without You'

Heading for modern rock album of the year??

Marvellous stuff.

http://musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?Fus...9&Quality=5

AWESOME!!!! They might give Shinedown a run for their money for album of the year!

Story Of The Year you mean :whistle:

I heard this song on IO Radio online. I actually listened to the words in the beginning and heard "She wouldn't spit on me if I was on fire". I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. That is GREAT!!

Christ almighty that's a great song. Plus, it'll sell them another 4 billion albums, so good luck to them. Like Shamus said, though, jeezers wept I'd like to hear this guy fix his voice up a little. Still, I thought 'Extreme behaviour' was flawless song-wise and so far these 2 new songs are on the same level so I can't wait for this.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this thread a few weeks back and pretty much ignored it. Happened to be flipping through the music channels late one night and heard this GREAT song. I was too lazy to get up and look at the TV to find out what it was, but luckily, I bumped into it again the next night or two and saw what it was.

I really liked it and just ended up purchasing the single online. I will definitely keep my ears perked for more songs, though. If the general quality of the album is like this, I may have to make an album purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously guys, before you listen to 'Take it to the limit' be sure to strap a helmet to your head because this is going to blow your face off and I just want to make sure that when your broken face smashes against the wall there's a helmet to cushion the blow so you can re-attach it to listen to this again.

This is just beautiful. It's going to have to be said at some point, so I'm going to get in early... but this is probably even better than 'Extreme Behaviour'. If nothing else the guitarwork is just perfect. As much as I love big juicy solos, the work on this just kind of shows it is possible to survive without solos if you lay down perfect (and really, not overly spectacular... just lush) rhythm guitar work.

But who cares... the songs are just stunning. A few more ballads than last time round... but again - who cares. This is just beautiful work. Not even a remote, faint sign of a dud track on this one. Without doubt a top 5 finisher for 2008. :wub:

Seriously guys, before you listen to 'Take it to the limit' be sure to strap a helmet to your head because this is going to blow your face off and I just want to make sure that when your broken face smashes against the wall there's a helmet to cushion the blow so you can re-attach it to listen to this again.

This is just beautiful. It's going to have to be said at some point, so I'm going to get in early... but this is probably even better than 'Extreme Behaviour'. If nothing else the guitarwork is just perfect. As much as I love big juicy solos, the work on this just kind of shows it is possible to survive without solos if you lay down perfect (and really, not overly spectacular... just lush) rhythm guitar work.

But who cares... the songs are just stunning. A few more ballads than last time round... but again - who cares. This is just beautiful work. Not even a remote, faint sign of a dud track on this one. Without doubt a top 5 finisher for 2008. :wub:

Im gonna properly listen to this tomorrow, but just quickly flicked through and this sounds stunning. Maybe a tad ballad heavy, but all those ballads sound awesome to me :tumbsup:

Seriously its going to be difficult to split SOTY, Shinedown, Disciple and this, but on first impressions Hinder is going to finish in the top 2 cos its just more my sound/style.

Thank God Papa has been pushed back to 09.

Im gonna properly listen to this tomorrow, but just quickly flicked through and this sounds stunning. Maybe a tad ballad heavy, but all those ballads sound awesome to me :tumbsup:

Seriously its going to be difficult to split SOTY, Shinedown, Disciple and this, but on first impressions Hinder is going to finish in the top 2 cos its just more my sound/style.

Thank God Papa has been pushed back to 09.

Yeah, my first thought was too ballad heavy but when every one of them is perfect it doesn't leave you much to cry about. :) I agree the top 5 this year is a nightmare to try and select.