Dokken Or RATT

Dokken Or RATT  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK enough of the Dangerous Toys/Kix stuff. Let's get to it with the big boys who do you prefer Dokken or RATT? We'll make this fair since RATT is no longer putting out albums you can't take into consideration for any Dokken past the S/T album in 1994. Hopefully this will make you guys think a bit...well except for Chad.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By far the hardest one yet. Everything Ratt did up to and including 'Detonator' was so consistent and awesome. That's 5 albums. Sorry Bob, but I'm looking at the overall picture, and to include the 1999 release they have 6 very good to excellent albums.

Dokken have the obvious 3 killer releases, 'Erase the Slate' and even 'Hell to pay' is pretty cool too.

Overall, I do think Ratt are the more consistent band, but I have to go with Dokken on the strength of the 3 mid-80's albums. Damn close, though.

By far the hardest one yet. Everything Ratt did up to and including 'Detonator' was so consistent and awesome. That's 5 albums. Sorry Bob, but I'm looking at the overall picture, and to include the 1999 release they have 6 very good to excellent albums.

Dokken have the obvious 3 killer releases, 'Erase the Slate' and even 'Hell to pay' is pretty cool too.

Overall, I do think Ratt are the more consistent band, but I have to go with Dokken on the strength of the 3 mid-80's albums. Damn close, though.

Yes Geoff I'm in agreement with you toe to toe they are even IMO but Dokken just has that slight harder edge to them that wins out. Head to head with one of the all time great guitarist in Lynch with one of the all time best guitar duo's in Martini and Crosby.

It's to close to call but my loyalty remains with Dokken even though Out Of The Cellar broke my metal virginity.

Sorry guys I should have Dan delete this poll it's not fair.

Dokken for me!!

Wow! Ratt is really taking this one on the chin!

Ratt's been getting their asses kicked all over this board lately...

Wow! Ratt is really taking this one on the chin!

Ratt's been getting their asses kicked all over this board lately...

That's to bad they are such a great band. I really thought this would be more even.

I got nuthin against Ratt but when I compare them to some of the other bands they've been pitted against in these votes, I seem to listen to more of the "other" bands nowadays than I do Ratt. I guess Ratt's stuff hasn't aged as well for me as albums by Dokken, Kix, etc.

I got nuthin against Ratt but when I compare them to some of the other bands they've been pitted against in these votes, I seem to listen to more of the "other" bands nowadays than I do Ratt. I guess Ratt's stuff hasn't aged as well for me as albums by Dokken, Kix, etc.

Maybe it's because they got so much radio play back in the day that it tarnished the bands name and people forgot how great they really were.

Maybe it's because they got so much radio play back in the day that it tarnished the bands name and people forgot how great they really were.

Here's my take on Ratt:

Their first four releases (the EP, OUT OF THE CELLAR, INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY and DANCING UNDERCOVER) are all great stuff, but I think they blew their wad on all of those. By the time they came out with REACH FOR THE SKY, I was getting the "I've heard this all before" feeling and by DETONATOR I was like "Damn, these guys are just phoning it in by now"

Here's my take on Ratt:

Their first four releases (the EP, OUT OF THE CELLAR, INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY and DANCING UNDERCOVER) are all great stuff, but I think they blew their wad on all of those. By the time they came out with REACH FOR THE SKY, I was getting the "I've heard this all before" feeling and by DETONATOR I was like "Damn, these guys are just phoning it in by now"

That's what makes RATT so great they are consistant and never strayed from their roots. I thought REACH FOR THE SKY was a most excellent album...DETONATOR wasn't to bad either. They are one of my all time fave bands so I'll defend them all day long.

That's what makes RATT so great they are consistant and never strayed from their roots. I thought REACH FOR THE SKY was a most excellent album...DETONATOR wasn't to bad either. They are one of my all time fave bands so I'll defend them all day long.

That's cool man, hey, I listen to plenty of bands who have basically recorded the same album a dozen times over (hello, AC/DC and The Ramones!) but when it comes to Ratt I'll stick to those first four releases...

That's cool man, hey, I listen to plenty of bands who have basically recorded the same album a dozen times over (hello, AC/DC and The Ramones!) but when it comes to Ratt I'll stick to those first four releases...

I hear ya, everyone has their own taste when it comes to music. Well at least no body hates RATT yet.