Dokken Or RATT

Dokken Or RATT  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got nuthin against Ratt but when I compare them to some of the other bands they've been pitted against in these votes, I seem to listen to more of the "other" bands nowadays than I do Ratt. I guess Ratt's stuff hasn't aged as well for me as albums by Dokken, Kix, etc.

Maybe it's because they got so much radio play back in the day that it tarnished the bands name and people forgot how great they really were.

Here's my take on Ratt:

Their first four releases (the EP, OUT OF THE CELLAR, INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY and DANCING UNDERCOVER) are all great stuff, but I think they blew their wad on all of those. By the time they came out with REACH FOR THE SKY, I was getting the "I've heard this all before" feeling and by DETONATOR I was like "Damn, these guys are just phoning it in by now"

That's what makes RATT so great they are consistant and never strayed from their roots. I thought REACH FOR THE SKY was a most excellent album...DETONATOR wasn't to bad either. They are one of my all time fave bands so I'll defend them all day long.

I like Reach and Detonator much better than Dancing Undercover or Invasion.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dokken for me..... :banger:

I got nuthin against Ratt but when I compare them to some of the other bands they've been pitted against in these votes, I seem to listen to more of the "other" bands nowadays than I do Ratt. I guess Ratt's stuff hasn't aged as well for me as albums by Dokken, Kix, etc.

Maybe it's because they got so much radio play back in the day that it tarnished the bands name and people forgot how great they really were.

Here's my take on Ratt:

Their first four releases (the EP, OUT OF THE CELLAR, INVASION OF YOUR PRIVACY and DANCING UNDERCOVER) are all great stuff, but I think they blew their wad on all of those. By the time they came out with REACH FOR THE SKY, I was getting the "I've heard this all before" feeling and by DETONATOR I was like "Damn, these guys are just phoning it in by now"

That's what makes RATT so great they are consistant and never strayed from their roots. I thought REACH FOR THE SKY was a most excellent album...DETONATOR wasn't to bad either. They are one of my all time fave bands so I'll defend them all day long.

Yeah, me too. Well, not "much better" but I do prefer them. 'Detonator' is definitely my favourite Ratt album. All four are excellent though.

Here's my take on Ratt:

I agree REACH FOR THE SKY was much better that DANCING UNDERCOVER IMO.

For me....the deciding factor were the ballads.....Ratt just can't do a ballad like Dokken.....other than that...they're damn near equal, so I went with.....Dokken!!

For me....the deciding factor were the ballads.....Ratt just can't do a ballad like Dokken.....other than that...they're damn near equal, so I went with.....Dokken!!

damn J, we really must have been hatched from the same egg....lol....Dokken for me as well.... :)

damn J, we really must have been hatched from the same egg....lol....Dokken for me as well.... :)

I have to admit that Dokken's ballads are better.

But then again, I am most definitely NOT a ballad man!!

I have to admit that Dokken's ballads are better.

But then again, I am most definitely NOT a ballad man!!

You have to admitt Heaven's Sent is a killer balled.

As good as Ratt is, you gotta go with Dokken. More quality releases.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bringing this back to the top so I could vote for Ratt. Hands down it's Ratt for me. Ratt epitomizes everything I love about 80's rock. Detonator is a masterpiece and Out Of The Cellar is a great release too. Even on the releases that weren't as great there were still good songs. Dokken is excellent live, but most recorded material just doesn't seem to capture my attention as much as it needs to. So it's an easy choice for me.

As good as Ratt is, you gotta go with Dokken. More quality releases.

As above :tumbsup:

Have been listening to the back catologues of both quite recently, and I have to say I go with Dokken overall.

How the heck did I miss this poll back in the day? :( Oh well, I can rectify my oversight now and cast my vote without hesitation for Ratt. Nothing wrong with Dokken, but I just prefer Ratt's dirtier, sleazier vibe and--dare I say it?--better hooks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Celtic_Knot

Voted for Dokken.

What kills me is they coulda, woulda, shoulda been an A-list

act, but things happened - who is considered A-list in this genre?

Motley, Bon Jovi, and Van Halen?

:spr2d2:

Due to the huge gap between the group I chose - RATT - and the overwhelming favorite - DOKKEN, I have started to go back through the numerous Dokken CDs I own and give them another spin.

My choice still stands, but right now I am enjoying a good number of Dokken tunes that never stood out to me before. Some really good stuff! :guitbannana:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest blacksabbathshadows

I really can't choose between them...

Dokken and RATT made very good album,

But I too can't choose between Slaughter and Cinderella.

They all rock!