Lonnie Holdaway and the Hurricane CD reissues scam

I wasn't around for this sad event but I have read parts of this thread over the years that I have been here.

For some of you it is the loss of money, or being excited for something that was never ever planned for creation, for some it is the betrayal by a trusted member of this group (and even considered a friend by some)....for most of you I think it is a combination of all those and even more.

I wonder how he sleep's at night.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just remember how convincing he was and how everyone was so excited. Remember, back then stuff wasn't being re-released left & right. He even added the titles of the bonus tracks. I remember that feeling of being so excited. Dickhead....

Exactly !!

Excerpt from one of the recent posts at MR, just in case anyone feels like looking up this douchebag:

Hello again everybody

As promised, im giving you a short update on this thread.

I have in fact gathered proof that this Lonnie guy I bumped into is the very same one that has ripped off some of you in the past. And of course he was trying to rip me off, too. Thanks to your emails I managed to avoid this crook, so I would like to thank you all.

I also have proof that he reads this board (at some point he complained with me about my starting this thread and stated that what you guys wrote is all false and that he had refunded everybody for the Hurricane story): so watch out.

Here are his email and telephone number (in case anybody living in the States would like to give him a very unwelcome wake up call in the dead of the night assuming this is his real numberwhen I called no one ever answered)

870-278-1611

cynandsacrificecollectibles@gmail.com

Whats even sadder is that in order to gain my trust he used the late Greg Fulkerson claiming they used to be friends, growing up in the same area, and telling me stories about their friendship that in retrospect he must have either looked up in wikipedia or just plain made up.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Revisiting this thread so many years later still has me scratching my head.

Lonnie and I completed multiple transactions (purchases, sales, trades) prior this big scandal... I really didn't think or want to believe it was true.

Sorry to hear that so many people here lost money... such a shame. I'd be interested to hear what happened legally as I "think" the police, etc. were eventually involved, no?

• 1 month later...

Fucking scumbag.

Just needed to get that out eh? :)

I want my $120 back. Fucking douche-bag cocksucking motherfucker. He's lucky nobody has hunted in down in person for a nice one on one conversation.

This is the craziest thread i've ever read! It's took all morning to read all 50 pages. It must have been a wild ride at the time and i can't believe he's gotten away with it.

Lonnie contacted me for a trade last year. I had dealt with him some years ago (15?), so I went ahead with a trade.

After a month nothing had arrived, so I emailed him. I did get a reply saying that the CD's I had sent had not arrived either.

What are the chances of that eh?

Should have read this thread first....

Lonnie contacted me for a trade last year. I had dealt with him some years ago (15?), so I went ahead with a trade.

After a month nothing had arrived, so I emailed him. I did get a reply saying that the CD's I had sent had not arrived either.

What are the chances of that eh?

Should have read this thread first....

That is his specialty...he has no soul.

Wow, I'm amazed he's still active in "the scene." It's a shame this thread can't be broadcast to everyone with our taste in music.

• 1 month later...

That's interesting as hell. I wonder if it is associated with this or some other scam he was involved in. I remember a lot of people pissed off and blustering, but I don't recall anyone saying they had actually successfully gotten charges filed.

Since it looks like there was some sort of restitution involved, I'm curious as to what it was for, as I doubt anyone here got anything out of him after the fact (we'd have heard about it by now).

That's interesting as hell. I wonder if it is associated with this or some other scam he was involved in. I remember a lot of people pissed off and blustering, but I don't recall anyone saying they had actually successfully gotten charges filed.

Since it looks like there was some sort of restitution involved, I'm curious as to what it was for, as I doubt anyone here got anything out of him after the fact (we'd have heard about it by now).

Wow... it does say "wire fraud" and "mail fraud". :popcorn:

Adriano?