Lordi

whiplash1972

Lordi  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, which site do you guys think Lordi should be on?

They look like freaking GWAR, yet crank out heavy, yet VERY melodic music.

HH or Brutal..... You make the call! :P

Mike

They're suited for either site (and that's the way I voted), but if they can only be added to one of the sites, I think Heavy Harmonies should be their home. Yeah, they're heavy, but they're also very, very melodic. Heck, we've got Sinner on HH, and personally I think they're heavier than Lordi.

They should be on HH, IMO.

I think there are a million heavier bands, or just as heavy on HH so my vote is definately for HH. They're no heavier than a Jaded Heart or recent Frontline disc... it's just those horrid vocals that make it different.

This release upsets me. I love the razor-sharp riffs and big melodic hooks but I really, really HATE thos vocals. Probably the worst a hardest to listen to I've ever heard. :( Shame.

I love the razor-sharp riffs and big melodic hooks but I really, really HATE thos vocals. Probably the worst a hardest to listen to I've ever heard. :( Shame.

I picked HH. The vox are disappointing for me too, but not the worst I've heard.

I voted HH as well ... Lordi has some Great Vidz

definately HH for me, hell personally I think Priest and Maiden belong on HH too, yeah I know they are on BM.

• 3 weeks later...

The people have spoken! Lordi's "Get Heavy" has been added to the HH database:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...+Heavy&Letter=A

If anyone has their other 3 releases, feel free to submit 'em! :banger::banger:

Thanks for the input everyone! :drink:

Mike

The people have spoken! Lordi's "Get Heavy" has been added to the HH database:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glam...+Heavy&Letter=A

If anyone has their other 3 releases, feel free to submit 'em! :banger::banger:

Thanks for the input everyone! :drink:

Mike

Mike - I'll try to add them tomorrow when I have some spare time.

• 8 months later...
I say HH. They are very melodic.

Spot on :tumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Wasn't this issue settled almost a year ago? They've been listed on H.H. for quite some time now... :blink:

By the way, there's an article on Lordi in the current issue of Metal Maniacs magazine, and in it they describe the band as "Three-man, one-woman," which kinda raised an eyebrow... you mean there's a GIRL under one of those monster costumes?? :yikes: Anyone know which creature it is?? I tried to guess from looking at the pictures in the article but none of'em looked particularly feminine to me...

I did find it interesting that the band leader, "Mr. Lordi," is the president of the Finnish chapter of the KISS Army Fan Club, though... I guess that makes sense. :)

When all's said and done I STILL don't see what all the whoop-de-doo is about Lordi though... GWAR smokes 'em.

Fred - The Keyboard player is the 'lil lady.

Gwar - Very amusing comment mate - Still putting my sides back together :lol:

I guess that would be her on the far right in this pic?

lordi.jpg

Gosh, she's a hottie!! :crazy:

I guess that would be her on the far right in this pic?

lordi.jpg

Gosh, she's a hottie!! :crazy:

Sorry to the fans, but damn I wish this band would perish.

• 2 months later...

Saw this on Blabbermouth just now and HAD to post it... :lol:

GWAR 'Kills' LORDI On Sounds Of The Underground Tour; Video Available - July 16, 2007

According to The Syndicate Blog, GWAR has been using its live show on the Sounds of the Underground tour to take a shot at LORDI, the other monster rockers who are taking part in Ozzfest, this summer's rival metal festival.

Since rising from relative international obscurity after winning the 2006 Eurovision Song Contest, LORDI has been bombarded with accusations of shtick-stealing. Frontman Mr. Lordi has denied even having heard of GWAR until recently, claiming that GWAR is little known in his native Finland and insisting that he wasn't even aware of the comparisons until LORDI began making waves in America.

Well, it seems GWAR's Oderus Urungus doesn't care one way or another as the band has been including Mr. Lordi in its Sounds of the Underground live show this summer. After GWAR's opening song, Oderus asks the crowd, "Oh, were you expecting LORDI?" and proceeds to take a replica of Mr. Lordi's head out on a stick. As expected, the crowd then gets covered in blood.

Video link: http://blog.thesyn.com.s17153.gridserver.com/?p=1430