What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

PRIDE OF LIONS "Live In Belgium"

Vertigo - II

Liked the debut, but it didn't exactly set my world on fire. 'II' for me is stronger songwise, but again features that Fabio V.Zee Grossi production job that I don't particularly like (especially the drums on this one). Joseph Williams sounds excellent though. Over all another good, competent AOR album, but yet another one that lacks that killer 'Something'??? (where have we heard that before on recent AOR discs)

Harlow - S/T

Saraya - S/T

Witness - S/T

Vertigo - II

Liked the debut, but it didn't exactly set my world on fire. 'II' for me is stronger songwise, but again features that Fabio V.Zee Grossi production job that I don't particularly like (especially the drums on this one). Joseph Williams sounds excellent though. Over all another good, competent AOR album, but yet another one that lacks that killer 'Something'??? (where have we heard that before on recent AOR discs)

Harlow - S/T

Saraya - S/T

Witness - S/T

Good shout on the VERTIGO Jez. The drums totally spoil it, & I'm sick & tired of Zee Grossi's sloppy production efforts. A good producer will get the best out of a vocalist, but he manages to make a great vocalist sound mediocre again (see ROBIN BECK, KELLY HANSEN, MICKEY THOMAS, JAMES CHRISTIAN for further examples). A slightly liter album than the first VERTIGO - which I LOVED - & is not quite as good IMO...

This mornings playlist:

VERTIGO II

PRIDE OF LIONS - Live in Belgium (GREAT stuff. Wonder if AOR FREAKY was in the crowd?? :ahole: )

SHOTGUN SYMPHONY - S/T (Amazing CD)

Vertigo - II

Harlow - S/T

Saraya - S/T

Witness - S/T

Good shout on the VERTIGO Jez. The drums totally spoil it, & I'm sick & tired of Zee Grossi's sloppy production efforts. A good producer will get the best out of a vocalist, but he manages to make a great vocalist sound mediocre again (see ROBIN BECK, KELLY HANSEN, MICKEY THOMAS, JAMES CHRISTIAN for further examples). A slightly liter album than the first VERTIGO - which I LOVED - & is not quite as good IMO...

This mornings playlist:

VERTIGO II

PRIDE OF LIONS - Live in Belgium (GREAT stuff. Wonder if AOR FREAKY was in the crowd?? :ahole: )

SHOTGUN SYMPHONY - S/T (Amazing CD)

Just been talking to Wotty about Vertigo as he is waiting for his copy. I described it as a Factory Line, Toto wannabee AOR album to go along with all the others (Mecca, Ambition etc etc) that have been churned out over the last few years. That's not to say it's bad (or some of the others) 'cos it isn't, just something not there. Listen to Toto if you want to hear how it's done properly!!!Production wise as well. 'Falling In Between' wasn't a huge budget album.

Agree with you whole heartedly re. Zee Grossi's production techniques - Thought the Mickey Thomas was a real let down for such an awesome vocalist, James Christian was pretty good, but would have been a whole lot better in the hands of someone else, Same with Robin Beck and the first Vertigo. What is it nowadays with drum sounds. Can no one get a decent BIG sound anymore like they used to??? Mr.Grossi certainly can't!!!

The Pride Of Lions Live disc is pretty good - The bonus disc finishes it off nicely.

Will have to dig out my Shotgun Symphony -S/T as I haven't spun it in a while. I played the excellent 'Sea Of Desire' the other day - Love that as well!!!

Van Stephenson - Suspicious Heart (for the car on tha way home!)

GREAT ! I LOVE it !! :bananamac:

A disc of random MP3s including tunes from Rage, Pink Cream 69 (thanks Heaven&Hell), Parasite City, Jaded, Lacuna Coil and Celtic Frost

Douglas - Mad

Heavy Bones - S/T

I love that cd Lisa.

Listening to Lons Comps Rocker Series disc #2

me too Wes! I've had a few mp3's for a while & have finally gotten the CD. Definitely a keeper! :)

I've been listening to Lon's new comps all week at work - lovin 'em!

now spinnin:

Willow - Lost in Love

Heavy Bones - S/T

I love that cd Lisa.

Listening to Lons Comps Rocker Series disc #2

me too Wes! I've had a few mp3's for a while & have finally gotten the CD. Definitely a keeper! :)

I've been listening to Lon's new comps all week at work - lovin 'em!

now spinnin:

Willow - Lost in Love

I bought that Heavy Bones when it came out, and it's been a fav of mine for quite some time.

Joel Ellis has one hell of a voice, it's to bad they didn't come out a few years earlier.