What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

WRATHCHILD (America) ~ "Climbin' The Walls"

China - s/t (90%)

That one might be a 90%-er, but all their others combined are worth about 9%....

Np:- TOBY HITCHCOCK "Mercury's Down"

Edguy - 'Age of the joker' ; it is a mixed bag, but a couple of absolute killers like 'Fire on the downline' and 'Two out of seven.'

Art Of Dying - 'Virtues and Vices'

Edguy - 'Age of the joker' ; it is a mixed bag, but a couple of absolute killers like 'Fire on the downline' and 'Two out of seven.'

probably my 2 favs as well. Whole album is much more akin to Rocketride tho which suits me.

probably my 2 favs as well. Whole album is much more akin to Rocketride tho which suits me.

Yeah, it has glimpses of the band at their best - 'Every night without you' is a pretty super ballad too - but where they stumble is with absolutely dreadful songs like 'Robin Hood,' 'Rock of cashel' and 'The arcane guild,' none which I can stand. And when rating an album as a whole, 3 absolutely terrible songs go a long way to bringing an otherwise good album down.

Yeah, it has glimpses of the band at their best - 'Every night without you' is a pretty super ballad too - but where they stumble is with absolutely dreadful songs like 'Robin Hood,' 'Rock of cashel' and 'The arcane guild,' none which I can stand. And when rating an album as a whole, 3 absolutely terrible songs go a long way to bringing an otherwise good album down.

'The Arcane Guild' is awesome man cmon! :party421::christmas:

If by awesome you mean unbearable, I totally agree. ;)

And yeah, when it comes to China, don't listen to Evil Tim. 'Sign in the sky' is excellent, 'Go all the way' is solid and even 'Natural Groove' was half decent too. Most recent disc is also good enough for a pass.

And yeah, when it comes to China, don't listen to Evil Tim. 'Sign in the sky' is excellent, 'Go all the way' is solid and even 'Natural Groove' was half decent too. Most recent disc is also good enough for a pass.

yes i have 'Sign in the sky' as well, and it's great as i recall, and also their latest one, 'Light Up The Dark', is quite okay.

i only replaced the old-time China s/t CDR with the one from musicbuymail, looks like it's a remastered one, just curious, is it a legit/official release? coz i've heard nowadays there are many unofficial remastered discs, just like those from Krescendo records and NL's version of Dare's debut.

The Arcane Guild is bearable....not one that I would necessarily skip.

Robin Hood has to be lumped in as a filler just because of the ludicrous subject matter. But here's the thing.....from about 5 mins in that song is AWESOME....it morphs into everything I love about Edguy - huge riffs, great vox and a killer solo. So for me if theyd dropped the painful spoken parts, toned the lyrics down a tad and put it near the end of the album this could have been a great song. Hey ho.

Rock Of Cashel is a weird one too.......definitely Irish in sound, and if you dont like that sound then this song wont work.....after a few listens I have warmed to this track though.

My personal biggest filler is 'Behind The Gates To Midnight...' - too long and just doesnt hold the interest and unfortunately being sandwiched between the great 'Fire On The Downline' and the final ballad means its an instant skip for me.

Still a good return to form for the guys.

"Sign in the Sky" has 2 good (sorry, great) songs, the rest is mediocre. Everything else is pointless...