What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

We The Kings - 'Sunshine state of mind' ; man what a failure for the guys. Still some strong hooks, but so lite, so poppy and what is with all the reggae-style verses? Disappointing, just when they'd "made it."

Reece/Kronlund - Solid (2011)

on my third spin of this album, somehow the quality is deteriorating and I spotted actually this album lacks the big amount of really outstanding tracks. 'Samurai', 'Animals and Cannibals', 'Magic Pudding', and 'The Dead Shall Walk The Earth' are among my faves and winners of this album, but the rest are patchy, some has great verses but weak chorus and the other way around especially shame on the super ballad, 'I Would', could have been one of the best ballad of 2011 but what were they thinking, putting that weird note selection on that chorus, too bad.

Reece's vocal is massive and monstrous as always, but the songwriting seems to be the main problem. I think I'll downgrade this from 80% to 75%, still a good buy.

Playing my 4 fave discs of the year so far...

TOBY HITCHCOCK - Mercurys Down

WORK OF ART - In Progress

TRIVIUM - In Waves

FALLING IN REVERSE - The Drug in me is You

KING KOBRA ~ "Thrill Of A Lifetime"

JAILHOUSE ~ "Alive In A Mad World"

Banshee - Race Against Time (1989)

been wantin' to have this for quite some time, thanks to Josh for this great disc.

awesome melodic metal band with a combo of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and a slight Whitesnake touch I guess.

Falling In Reverse - 'The Drug In Me Is You' ; just don't know what Tim's seeing in this one unforunately. :( Weak as piss hooks and choruses, despite it featuring arguably the most exciting guitarist of 2011. But man, these songs just suck for the most part. :lol: It's not like Tim to be so soft on such a poor album. Scraped in at 59% for me.

Burn Halo - 'Up from the ashes' ; missing the highlights of the debut, but goddamn this is a solid, consistent CD of good quality. Definitely missing those great ballads of the debut, though.

Falling In Reverse - 'The Drug In Me Is You' ; just don't know what Tim's seeing in this one unforunately. :( Weak as piss hooks and choruses, despite it featuring arguably the most exciting guitarist of 2011. But man, these songs just suck for the most part. :lol: It's not like Tim to be so soft on such a poor album. Scraped in at 59% for me.

I don't really know what you're talking about, it's killer. And frankly is no different in style from Escape the Fate before their last 2 discs with the new singer. It kills the latest ETF disc, which is just pop/metal, and pretty much a blueprint for how to do this stuff IMO. Slightly childish lyrics (all about his bitterness towards ETF) but huge choruses and a great heavy/melodic combination. Aside from Trivium it's the best modern thing I've heard this year - though both those would be 80% at best.

Burn Halo - 'Up from the ashes' ; missing the highlights of the debut, but goddamn this is a solid, consistent CD of good quality. Definitely missing those great ballads of the debut, though.

haven't checked out this new one, i remember i'm liking the debut, yeah the ballads are solid on the debut, but the rockin' part of this album are great right ? is the quality right up their debut or this one is slightly worse ?

haven't checked out this new one, i remember i'm liking the debut, yeah the ballads are solid on the debut, but the rockin' part of this album are great right ? is the quality right up their debut or this one is slightly worse ?

The first album was complete horse-shit. IMO of course.

Fragile - The Album

Fragile - Hard as a Rock