What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

Flotsam & Jetsam - DOOMSDAY FOR THE DECEIVER

How good is that one??

Pretty killer... heavy on the early Metallica worship... guess that's how Jay Newsted got the Metallica gig :beerbang:

How good is that one??

Pretty killer... heavy on the early Metallica worship... guess that's how Jay Newsted got the Metallica gig :beerbang:

I saw it at a local CD shop for $ 8.00...I guess I need to go get it... :banger:

How good is that one??

I saw it at a local CD shop for $ 8.00...I guess I need to go get it... :banger:

Yea, it's a good'un... Newsted was obviously the driving force behind F&J at the beginning... he's credited with writing lyrics for almost the entire album single handedly. Then of course he joins Metallica and he gets one or two writing credits in fifteen years. No wonder he left :blink:

F&J's second (Newsted-less) album, NO PLACE FOR DISGRACE, is damn good stuff too... they're pretty hit and miss after that one tho...I recently traded off their CUATRO album ('93) cuz it was strictly average...

How good is that one??

Yea, it's a good'un... Newsted was obviously the driving force behind F&J at the beginning... he's credited with writing lyrics for almost the entire album single handedly. Then of course he joins Metallica and he gets one or two writing credits in fifteen years. No wonder he left :blink:

F&J's second (Newsted-less) album, NO PLACE FOR DISGRACE, is damn good stuff too... they're pretty hit and miss after that one tho...I recently traded off their CUATRO album ('93) cuz it was strictly average...

Yeah I had Cuatro..I thought it sucked..so I was kinda leary about getting Doomsday

Yeah I had Cuatro..I thought it sucked..so I was kinda leary about getting Doomsday

DOOMSDAY and NO PLACE... are the essentials for F&J in my book... after that, buyer beware...

Though I gotta say I saw'em live once when they were touring for CUATRO and they were damn good (they were opening for Mercyful Fate), but I went out & picked up the CUATRO CD... yuck.

DOOMSDAY and NO PLACE... are the essentials for F&J in my book... after that, buyer beware...

I'm gonna have to back that 1000%.

Great White-Can't Get There From Here

What a fkn' great disc...."Ain't No Shame"..."Silent Night"..."Freedom Song"...."Sister Mary" all killer tunes."Loveless Age" has a classic GW groove to it...excellent disc!!!

Yup great album, I don't spin it as much as I used to but when it first came out I probably played it a couple a hundred times in the first year after it was released.