Aldo Nova - Blood on the Bricks

Again ....

Dare - Out of the Silence

Hey, Wes, are you into AOR all of a sudden ?!?! :lol:

GREAT CD, though !! :drink:

Spinning right now:

Gypsy Rose - Another World

I haven`t listened to this in ages, think I`ll get it out and give it a spin, thanks for the reminder :tumbsup:

Harem Scarem - Hope

Hey, Wes, are you into AOR all of a sudden ?!?! :lol:

GREAT CD, though !! :drink:

Hey Bernd, not really into to much AOR but I do like some.

I usually like any kind of Rock or Metal as long as the songs and the vocalist is good.

I have some Dare on cdrs but don't listen to it to much.

It's not bad but it might be a little to lite for me.

now spinning:

Crazy Lixx-Loud Minority

Manilla Thrills - 'Tomorrow's waiting'

Cuttlass - 'Kiss your sass goodbye'

Firescape - s/t

Harem Scarem - Hope

Again ... again ... and again .......... !!

LOVE it !! :banger:

Mayday - S/T

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Excellent 'new' song with Giant. From MelodicRock Classics: The arrival of any new VAN STEPHENSON music is met with huge anticipation. This release is just a little different from the norm, but no less exciting or musically brilliant.   This is Van Stephenson, but with a little help from his friends.   As most will be aware, over the course of the last couple of years, I have been archiving Van's vast collection of unreleased songs and demos. There are more than 500, covering all styles from 70s singer/songwriter, 80s AOR and pop to 90s country…and then some.   The ultimate goal is to pay tribute to Van with some form of all-inclusive box set/s. During the course of sorting the archives into categories, a certain number of tracks were found to feature vocalists other than Van. I decided that the box sets should be dedicated to just Van with his songs, so the idea came to put together a separate release that featured these songs - Van's own or co-written demos and the various vocalists used on those original sessions.   Hence the title – 'Same Pen, Different Voices'.   And while Van's voice may be absent from this release – his spirit and his style are all over it, with some absolute melodic classics about to be launched. This is a double disc of lost Van Stephenson tunes written with many of his regular writing partners such as Dave Innis, Sam Lorber, Robert White Johnson, Bob Farrell and Dave Robbins.   But that isn't all. Lost among the hundreds of songs were a set of session tracks written with Dann Huff for the classic Giant 'Time To Burn' album. One of those songs has already been featured on the 'Van's Versions' release ('Get Over It'), but I'm excited to announce the others will all make their debut on this release and they all feature the voice of Dann Huff himself.   Three of these tracks have never been released before and I must thank Dann for his co-operation in this release and allowing the tracks to finally see the light of day.   They may have been lost for 30 years, but they are magnificent!   It doesn't stop there – there is a trilogy of songs co-written with Jaime Kyle (previously released), two featuring vocalist Robert White Johnson and another featuring TJ Seals, son of Dan Seals.   Sadly, we couldn't ask Van himself about the details behind these songs, so many are still missing credits and even the vocalists themselves are unknown in many cases. I have managed to fill in the details behind some of them thanks to the co-writers, but to all those that are featured on the songs – thank you for adding your talents to Van's legacy and please know that the performances delivered some 20-30 years ago now live on today and sound as good as ever.   Disc 1 is all male lead vocals; Disc 2 is mostly female lead vocals.   Van Stephenson – Same Pen, Different Voices 2CD set will be released by MelodicRock Classics July 26.   The awesome cover art is the brainchild of Arnaud Leger.   Track Listing:   CD1:   01. Holding On For Dear Life (Van Stephenson, Dann Huff) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   02. 'Till The Sun (Van Stephenson, Dann Huff) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   03. Paradise Found (Van Stephenson, Dave Robbins) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   04. It's Not The End Of The World (Demo) (Van Stephenson, Dann Huff, Bob Farrell) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   05. Thunder And Lightning (Demo) (Van Stephenson, Dann Huff) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   06. Stay (Demo) (Van Stephenson, Dann Huff, Alan Pasqua) Performed by: Dann Huff, David Huff, Alan Pasqua, Mike Brignardello   07. Modern Man (Van Stephenson)   08. Melt To Stone (Van Stephenson, John Dewitt Rowe)   09. Caged Angel (Van Stephenson, John Dewitt Rowe)   10. Common Wall (Van Stephenson, Dave Innis, Sam Lorber) Vocal by: TJ Seals   11. You Be The Damn, I'll Be The Water (Van Stephenson, Robert White Johnson, Max Gronenthal, Donald Van Zant) Vocals by: Robert White Johnson   12. That's Enough (Van Stephenson)   13. Strongman (Van Stephenson)   14. Level of Love (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell, Dave Robbins)   15. Smart Monkey (Van Stephenson, Michael Emig)   16. Mutual Satisfaction (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell, Dave Robbins)   17. House of Fire (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell)   18. One More Shot At Love (Van Stephenson, Dave Robbins, David Jeffrey Stevens)   CD2: 01. What You Do To Me (Van Stephenson)   02. Shock Of Love (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell, Dave Robbins)   03. Paradise Found (Duet) (Van Stephenson, Dave Robbins) Vocal by: Dann Huff & Female Lead   04. Cry Love (Van Stephenson, Ken Mims)   05. I Can Identify (Van Stephenson, Andy Landis)   06. What The Big Girls Do (Van Stephenson, Jan Buckingham, Steve Buckingham) Vocal by: Pam Tillis   07. Hot Wire (Van Stephenson, Tim Dubois, Dave Robbins)   08. Perfectly Natural (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell, Dave Robbins)   09. Sacrificial Love (Van Stephenson, Bob Farrell, Dave Robbins)   10. Bad News (Van Stephenson, Jaime Kyle) Performed by: Jaime Kyle   11. More Than Meets The Eye (Van Stephenson, Jaime Kyle) Performed by: Jaime Kyle   12. Crossing Over (Van Stephenson, Jaime Kyle, Will Rambeaux) Performed by: Jaime Kyle   13. You Don't Want To Know About It (Van Stephenson)   14. The Shock Of Love (Van Stephenson)   15. Filthy Rich (Van Stephenson, Doana M Kuper)   16. I Fall For It Every Time (Van Stephenson, Sam Lorber, Dave Robbins)   17. Sinners (Van Stephenson, Doana M Kuper)   18. Better Than This (Van Stephenson)   19. Paradise Found (Van Stephenson, Dave Robbins) Vocal by: Female Lead        
    • Album out now. Rest of the album:                
    • Excellent! I dig these guys!  Heavy, melodic, hooks...good stuff. Have liked all their recent tunes.
    • ... And rocking out hard like a rock and roll saviour madlad! 😁  
    • In '73, Rick Allen was 10 years old. 
    • The most I will spend on a CD is £30 and I have to be really desperate for it to spend that much. According to Discogs, my most valuable CDs are the Jap Ratt EP (£351), Metal Shop - Hole patrol (£273) Metal Skool version of same album (£195) and Kane Roberts - Unsung Radio 2CD (£191) ... I didn't pay anywhere close to those prices (and not even close to me £30 limit)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.