Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"The Amazing Spider-Man" (2012)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tnxzJ0SSOw

Mostly satisfying "reboot" of the Spidey saga starts things over from scratch as high school science dork Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield) achieves fantastic powers via a radioactive spider-bite, romances the lovely Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone) and battles the mutant Lizard (Rhys Ifans).

This flick is a vast improvement over the dead-on-arrival "Spider-Man 3," and though at first I wasn't sure how I would dig the new casting, it didn't take long for me to realize that I didn't miss Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, or any of the old gang at all.

Sam Raimi's Spidey trilogy was very much a representation of the old school Lee/Ditko Spider-Man of the '60s, but this version is more like the Todd MacFarlane era of the 80s/90s - a little darker and grittier, but still with the humor and heart. My Inner Spidey Fanboy was entertained. Bring on the next one.

"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (1974)

Reading the absolutely savage reviews of the new "Texas Chainsaw 3D" gave me a jones to watch Tobe Hooper's original "TCM" again, which I haven't seen in 20 years at least. You all know the story, what little there is of it - a group of five youngsters take a trip thru the backroads of Texas and run afoul of Leatherface and his demented cannibal clan. Bludgeoning, meat hooking, and of course chain sawing immediately follow.

Pretty shocking for its time, this is still a pretty nasty, grungy little flick even by today's standards. My only complaints are the flat ending, and the fact that the "final girl" does absolutely nothing but scream, scream, scream her head off for the last 30 minutes or so, which begins to grate on the nerves after a while.

Special note, the version I watched is the "2 Disc Ultimate Version" DVD, which is restored and remastered and features a second disc full of bonus geek goodies. Splatter hounds, this is your definitive "TCM" experience.

• My Little Pony

"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre" (1974)

Reading the absolutely savage reviews of the new "Texas Chainsaw 3D" gave me a jones to watch Tobe Hooper's original "TCM" again, which I haven't seen in 20 years at least. You all know the story, what little there is of it - a group of five youngsters take a trip thru the backroads of Texas and run afoul of Leatherface and his demented cannibal clan. Bludgeoning, meat hooking, and of course chain sawing immediately follow.

Pretty shocking for its time, this is still a pretty nasty, grungy little flick even by today's standards. My only complaints are the flat ending, and the fact that the "final girl" does absolutely nothing but scream, scream, scream her head off for the last 30 minutes or so, which begins to grate on the nerves after a while.

Special note, the version I watched is the "2 Disc Ultimate Version" DVD, which is restored and remastered and features a second disc full of bonus geek goodies. Splatter hounds, this is your definitive "TCM" experience.

A lot of the films you post I will probably never watch, but I love to read your reviews.

A lot of the films you post I will probably never watch, but I love to read your reviews.

Thanx! (tips hat) When it comes to the "B's" my motto is "I watch these films so you don't have to." :lol:

Peter Kay: The Tour that Didn't Tour, Tour

Fifth or sixth time watching this. It's still as brilliant as the first time. Any of you Peter Kay fans?

Oh Yes!

What about Lee Evans? I'd love to see either of those two. Or both.

There aren't many people that can have me laughing so hard I'm gasping for air. I had Peter Kay playing, when the boys were over, and I was giggling like a school girl. And my mates were looking at me, then the TV, then back at me giving me a look like, "I don't get it. What's so funny?" And I was just dying. My favourite is probably "Live at the Top of the Tower."

Not that bothered about Lee Evans to be honest..But Peter Kay is brilliant and one of my faves.

The Grey

Fifth or sixth time watching this. It's still as brilliant as the first time. Any of you Peter Kay fans?

Oh Yes!

There aren't many people that can have me laughing so hard I'm gasping for air. I had Peter Kay playing, when the boys were over, and I was giggling like a school girl. And my mates were looking at me, then the TV, then back at me giving me a look like, "I don't get it. What's so funny?" And I was just dying. My favourite is probably "Live at the Top of the Tower."

Not that bothered about Lee Evans to be honest..But Peter Kay is brilliant and one of my faves.

The Grey

What did you think mate? Well done but pretty depressing. Some parts were a bit unnerving I thought.

Oh Yes!

The Grey

What did you think mate? Well done but pretty depressing. Some parts were a bit unnerving I thought.

Yeah..Good movie. Liam Neeson is always good value.Generally enjoyed it.

"Justice League: Doom" (2011)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0MSuTJNDdc

More animated fun from the DC Universe. Vandal Savage recruits the JLA's biggest enemies into a new "Legion Of Doom," and uses secret files on each JLA member stolen from the Batcave to get them out of the way before launching Savage's ultimate take-over-the-world plot. Not much story, but lotsa action.

Devil

I thought that one was okay.

Me too

Iron Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

What a freaking hoot!!! It's a B Movie to be sure, but the special effects are not that bad... Scary part was the female President?? was a spitting image of Sarah Palin!!! :yikes:

Keith?? You MUST see this!!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Oh, believe me, this has been on my radar for a while. I'm dyin' to see this. Unfortunately RedBox doesn't seem to be stocking it.... they carried the Asylum's ripoff "Nazis At the Center of the Earth" (seriously) but not this one.... :(

...and BTW I'm fairly sure the Palin resemblance is intentional.

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol

Really enjoyed this - a pleasant surprise

I enjoyed it.

Iron Sky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_IndUbcxc

What a freaking hoot!!! It's a B Movie to be sure, but the special effects are not that bad... Scary part was the female President?? was a spitting image of Sarah Palin!!! :yikes:

Keith?? You MUST see this!!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Oh, believe me, this has been on my radar for a while. I'm dyin' to see this. Unfortunately RedBox doesn't seem to be stocking it.... they carried the Asylum's ripoff "Nazis At the Center of the Earth" (seriously) but not this one.... :(

...and BTW I'm fairly sure the Palin resemblance is intentional.

Oh I am sure it is Man!! I Saw this and Immediately thought to Myself.. Keith would LOVE this!!! :tumbsup:

It's on Netflix for instant viewing... In case you were curious.....

• My Little Pony

Oh Yes!

I prefer Kay over Evans, too, but I would be lying if I said Lee Evans never had me in tears. Peter Kay, like you said, is brilliant and easily one of my favourites, too. Though I don't have many favourites. Everyone's tastes differs. Mine is more picky than others.