Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

I just thought of one. 'Titanic 2' is from these guys too, isn't it? I remember wanting to see that one too! :)

Yup, "Titanic 2" was an Asylum production. As was "Transmorphers," "Alien Vs. Hunter," "The Terminators," and a host of others.

I wrote an article about their bizarro-world monster mashes on HubPages a while ago, with trailers included, which oughta keep you busy for a while:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Enter-The-Asylum-A-Descent-into-B-Movie-Hell

Or you can check out The Asylum's official site for all your Mega-Sharkin' needs: http://www.theasylum.cc/

(P.S. No, I don't work for the Asylum. I wish I did. I just think they're cool. :D)

Wow. Okay, I have about 20 of them downloading now. :lol: And I hated to leave behind some of the ones I left behind. Will see how I go.

DINOSHARK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILns1Y8kOU

The unholy combination of Roger Corman Productions and the SyFy Channel brought us this tender, heartfelt drama. A prehistoric shark that had been frozen inside a glacier is freed from its icy prison thanks to that pesky global warming and winds up in the waters off of Mexico (?) where it proceeds to eat a whole lotta people. Thankfully, the guy from "Skyline" and a hot blonde oceanographer chick with mucho cleavage and a penchant for wearing Daisy Dukes are around to save the day. Roger Corman himself has a bit part as a scientist.

It's another SyFy Channel movie. Nuff said. :lol:

Criminal Minds : Suspect Behaviour Ep 1

the spin-off from the famous TV series, focusing on Sam Cooper

first impression, this seems to be the weak version of the main series and they probably made this to capitalize CM's success. Sam Cooper's character is too dominating, the other guys don't seem to have a big contribution to the team unlike in CM where everyone's important, and profiling isn't very depth, so this is just like a mixture of Castle or NCIS threw in.

Still eager to watch the complete first season but need to lower my expectation i guess

on to Episode 8, getting better than what I first expected.

Still, the character development isn't as solid as the original, and I found Sam Cooper is still heavily dominating but the villain is getting more brutal than the original lol well eager to finish the first season.

"Sharktopus"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87zVkIXNI0

Another Z-Grade chomp-fest from Roger Corman and the SyFy Channel. A scientist's pet military project - a shark/octopus hybrid creature - breaks loose and eats a bunch of people around a Mexican resort area and a mercenary is hired to hunt it down and destroy it...yeah, that's the whole plot.

What makes this one fun (aside from the fact that there are tons of bikini babes) is that the "Sharktopus" crew are "in" on the joke. They know the movie's ridiculous, they know it's cheap, so they went the "intentionally campy" route.

Once again, Corman himself has a bit part as a creepy old beachcombin' guy.

Hilarious if you're in the right frame of mind.

Hey Faron -- I got another SyFy Channel flick on my DVR that I'm probably gonna watch tonight. Witness the glory that is DINOSHARK! Dig!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ILns1Y8kOU

:rofl: It's even got the guy from "Skyline" in it so you know it's got to be quality. :D

Thanks mate, I`ll see if I can get on Blu-ray to improve the quality :whistle:

"Sharktopus"

Another Z-Grade chomp-fest from Roger Corman and the SyFy Channel. A scientist's pet military project - a shark/octopus hybrid creature - breaks loose and eats a bunch of people around a Mexican resort area and a mercenary is hired to hunt it down and destroy it...yeah, that's the whole plot.

What makes this one fun (aside from the fact that there are tons of bikini babes) is that the "Sharktopus" crew are "in" on the joke. They know the movie's ridiculous, they know it's cheap, so they went the "intentionally campy" route.

That preveiw actually looks good compared to some of the others they've churned out and hey a remote controlled sharptopus and Eric Roberts...

"Sharktopus"

That preveiw actually looks good compared to some of the others they've churned out and hey a remote controlled sharptopus and Eric Roberts...

It was a hoot. Looks like it was made on a budget of six bucks and a broken cracker, and filmed in one afternoon.

Eric Roberts probably only took the job to get a free trip to Mexico. :D

Double feature yesterday. First, in the afternoon w/the kids:

"CATS & DOGS: THE REVENGE OF KITTY GALORE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh5k0zL6ps0&feature=player_embedded

Kid flick sequel where the super-secret cat and dog spy agencies must put aside their differences and work together (!) in order to foil a feline so evil that her plans threaten the entire world. Fun, goofy stuff parodying the James Bond flicks. Great voice cast including Nick Nolte, Christina Applegate, and Roger Moore himself. Extra cool DVD bonus: a new Wile E. Coyote/Road Runner cartoon after the movie!

Then last night: "Faster"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujc1RlY22ts&feature=player_embedded

Straignt up revenge flick with Dwayne "Don't Call Me The Rock Anymore" Johnson as a recently-freed prison inmate who proceeds to hunt down & kill all the people responsible for the death of his brother. The cops, as usual, are only a step behind him. Great performance by Billy Bob Thornton in a supporting role.

The Last Legion........enjoyed this one although its nothing new but it's a good action movie if you like historical settings...

Astronaut Farmer.....really liked this one as well....one of those feel good movies that is well acted and written, along the lines of Field of Dreams...

The Way Back (2010)

a great drama/adventure movie about prisoners that escape the Siberian gulag, to find their way through the furious freeze of winter, wild jungle, and hellish heat of desert, all the way of thousand miles to India. Heard that it's inspired by a true story, well just can't imagine how they can survive this journeys. A long movie (2 hrs) but worth to watch every minutes of it, especially if you like the genre. Great performances by Ed Harris and Colin Farrell, I'm not very familiar with the others, but most of them are great actors as well.

8/10

Mixed bag over the weekend:

Mega Pirahnas ; my first attempt at one of these syfy films and it was painful! :lol: I knew it'd be bad, but man, this was really bad. It was utterly terrible, but I let it play out for the full duration. So many cringe-worthy moments, though.

The Sunset Limited ; I saw Nightrain mention this the other day and I was interested. Very interesting film. As he noted, the film is set in an apartment in which Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L Jackson's characters talk for one and a half hours. Boring on paper, I guess, but it was actually an engaging film. I thought Samuel L Jackson was particularly brilliant, but it was an interesting film.

The Battle of Los Angeles ; Now this one, also from that Asylum / Syfy mob I could not sit through. This was so dreadful I wanted to hurt things because it was on my screen. :lol: Why you'd even try a film like this with a $6 budget and such a punchable story line is beyond me. :lol: I absolutely hated it and ended up fast forwarding through most of it.

Battle Los Angeles ; now this one I dug. Someone else here already said it, but it is like 'Black Hawk Down' with aliens. I just found it to be a very watchable and solid film. I liked it.

He's Just Not That Into You ; one I got for my wife, which it turned out she'd already seen. I started playing it and she mentioned she remembered it and had seen it. I was all like, 'Oh, uh... um, do you want to watch something else?' but I was already hooked. :lol: She was happy enough to see it again so I kept it running. Sure it's a stupid "chick flick" but not one of those stupidly corny ones, and I actually enjoyed it. Plus, and I mean PLUS, Scarlett Johanssen was absolutely stunning in it... as always. Jeez you could just eat that thing. It was bad but I was totally pulling (pun intended) for the dude having an affair on his wife because it was all like, how could you not? Have you seen Scarlett Johanssen? Who could realistically resist her throwing her vagina at you? Anyway, really not that bad a film I guess. I mean, it is, but it had me interested all the way through so it did it's job.

Life as we know it ; another one for my wife which I didn't mind at all. I hate baby-related movies, but this was an otherwise decent enough film with a few little giggles here and there, and Katherine Heigl looked sexual enough when she wanted to. Not bad at all.

Criminal Minds : Suspect Behaviour Ep 1

the spin-off from the famous TV series, focusing on Sam Cooper

first impression, this seems to be the weak version of the main series and they probably made this to capitalize CM's success. Sam Cooper's character is too dominating, the other guys don't seem to have a big contribution to the team unlike in CM where everyone's important, and profiling isn't very depth, so this is just like a mixture of Castle or NCIS threw in.

Still eager to watch the complete first season but need to lower my expectation i guess

on to Episode 8, getting better than what I first expected.

Still, the character development isn't as solid as the original, and I found Sam Cooper is still heavily dominating but the villain is getting more brutal than the original lol well eager to finish the first season.

forgot to post, just finished the first season last Saturday and I'm say I'm pretty impressed on how this turns out to the end. I think it's a great spin-off and the Red Cell unit is slightly different than the original BAU one.

One thing I like is when they profile something, they're not godly 100% correct all the time. They have mistakes, which is very logical in every way, but they develop the thinking and came to a better conclusion.

A great series, kudos on Chris Mundi for making such a thrilling, probably the best, in crime series I ever seen!

The last episode is just madness, what will you do if you're asked to kill someone random in public places in exchange for your wife/son/or whoever you love's life, crazy!

The most disappointing thing is it's a cliffhanger ending and CBS apparently cancelled the series, probably because they think it's too similar with the original, crap :doh:

"Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QUo6egXbeg

Wow, I'd forgotten how much this one sucked. "Halloween 5" was bad, but the 6th go-round is an incomprehensible mess. When Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield yet again, there's a new family living in the creepy old Myers house, and also a Druid Cult that's waiting for him to fulfill his ancient destiny... or some such nonsense. Seriously, wow, this movie made no sense, it just lurched from scene to unconnected scene with all the finesse of a drunk at a wedding with a video camera.

Thankfully, the Halloween ship was righted (briefly) in the next film "H20: 20 Years Later") which wisely chose to ignore the so-called "continuity" of the preceding three films.

Battle: Los Angeles - Lots of stuff blowing up, some good special effects. It was ok and worth the .99 i paid to see it. :popcorn:

True Grit - Good movie. I love a good western. My wife refuses to watch it. She says its sacrilege. I love John Wayne too but I dont think it was a copy, just a nice tribute to the original.

"Drive Angry"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4scfLJeDHHk

Totally over-the-top action flick in the "Machete" mold, starring Nicolas Cage as a hellish bad-ass drivin' and shootin' his way across the Southwest in a bitchin' car trying to rescue a child from a murderous religious cult, with a hot truck stop waitress (Amber Heard -- where has this gal been all my life?) along for the ride.

Fun stuff, if non-stop carnage is your thang.