Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Devil's Express" (aka "Gang Wars," 1976)

A pair of streetwise New York martial artists travel to Hong Kong for a tournament and accidentally bring home an ancient Chinese demon, which then takes up residence in the Harlem subway tunnels and starts mutilating unlucky straphangers. Murder, mayhem and poorly choreographed fight scenes ensue. 
I have wanted to see this batsh*t insane no-budget mash up of the blaxploitation, kung-fu, and horror genres ever since I first came across the trailer on YouTube a few years ago and witnessed the mighty Afro of the heroic Warhawk Tanzania in action - (by the way, "Warhawk Tanzania" is the COOLEST movie-hero name EVER, hands down). Thanks to Amazon Prime I was finally able to knock this trashy nugget off of my bucket list. Make no mistake, this movie's a total mess, but it's an entertaining one!

Annabelle Creation = sigh. Why do I keep trying these? Thole series, the Conjuring and Annabelle just go nowhere and are sooo not good.

IT = Excellent. I loved the mini series from yesteryear and was apprehensive as we all are with reboots but this one was done very well.

American Assassin = This too was pretty good. Loads of action and Mkke Keaton and that Maze Runner kid are excellent actors.

Mother.

Don't see it.
If you do,read up about it first because it's even worse if you don't know what's going on.
My daughter explained the basic pretense and it still pretty much sucked.

On 2/7/2018 at 3:23 AM, CureTheSane said:

So I watched the scout zombie flick.

Not bad. Not quite Shaun Of The Dead tough

I guess it depends on what tickles your funny bone.....I actually did not think Shawn of the Dead was very good despite all the accolades it received.....

I dont know if many of you watch YouTube for other than Music Videos. I do. I watch a Lot of YouTube. I watch a lot of regular (daily/weekly) vloggers. And of course I have favorites and some that I really love to watch. A couple years ago One of those vloggers, Shay Butler (The Shaytards) contacted Morgan Spurlock who makes documentary's best known for "Supersize Me" where he ate Only McDonalds for 30 days.  And asked him to help him make a Vlogumentary about YouTubers. And this is the result. I have been follwing several of the vloggers for years and this is actually a very good documentary about the life they have making YouTube videos. I liked it a lot. :Dhttps://watchfree.es/watch-vlogumentary-2016-hd-1080p-quality-movie-online-free-watchfree/watching.html image.png.dc9da63fcda7a40c6449b9ac7ed6e87c.png Its Free, You dont have to join YouTube Red to watch it. ;)

6 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

I guess it depends on what tickles your funny bone.....I actually did not think Shawn of the Dead was very good despite all the accolades it received.....

Yeah I saw Shaun Of The Dead before all the accolades so was pleasantly surprised.
I saw The Scout one after you built it up.
Somethings that's the difference.
It was still pretty good though.

"Ms. .45" (1981)

A mousy NYC garment district employee is raped twice in the same day (what are the odds?), which understandably causes a mental breakdown. Eventually she becomes a vigilante by night, blowing away street punks, pimps, and hustlers. 
Abel Ferrara's female "Death Wish" variant is equal parts gory and artsy. This was pretty strong stuff for 1981 but nowadays it's almost quaint. Still worth a look if you're a grindhouse completist, esp. for the old-school downtown New York locations, which are so grimy you can almost smell the garbage and the hobo urine.

Ghost Ship (2002) - good horror flick

Red Heat (1988) - haven't seen this one for a long time, usually Arnie's films are on tv on a regular basis but I can't remember seeing this one for a long time...anyway it is still pretty good....

Resident Evil Vendetta (2017) - normally I don't watch non-comedic animated flicks but this one was decent....

"Resident Evil" (2002)

A security team has to fight its way out of a secret corporate facility crawling with zombie-fied employees and flesh munching mutations after a lab accident with a top secret virus gets seriously out of hand. 
Based on the long running series of video games, this loud, chaotic slab of high tech sci-fi/horror nonsense was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson of "Event Horizon" and "Alien vs Predator" fame  and launched an equally long running film franchise. I doubt I'll bother to watch any of the half dozen or so sequels that followed this one, but it was an entertainingly silly time killer on a rainy day.

Lady Bird

Because.... my wife.

Even she didn't really like it.

It leads me to the realisation that movies are generally split in to 2 types at the moment

Superhero movies
Arty/weird/boring movies

"Top Dog" (1995)

A tough San Diego cop (Chuck Norris) is saddled with a scruffy new canine partner and together the mismatched pair must solve a series of bombings. Lots of car crashes, shootouts, and explosions follow. Imagine "K-9" or "Turner & Hooch" with way more slow motion roundhouse kicking.
This cheap looking flick tried to mesh a standard Chuck Norris butt-kicking action plot with some cute animal hi-jinks in order to pass itself off as a "family" film, but its story is too dark and violent for kids (the bad guys are home-grown Neo-Nazi terrorists!) and too silly for grown-ups. 
In a classic example of bad timing, "Top Dog" opened a week after the Oklahoma City bombing... and when it tanked, it took the remnants of Norris' declining film career with it. Fortunately he already had "Walker: Texas Ranger" up and running by the time this movie crashed and burned.

"Cherry 2000" (1987)

In the desolate future of 2017 (ha!), a yuppie from the city hires a female "tracker" (Melanie Griffith) to guide him through the desert wastelands so he can find a replacement model for his beloved robot wife.
This quirky cult action comedy is an entertainingly weird mash up of genres (cyberpunk sci-fi, Western, post-apocalypse, and yes, even romance) but somehow it manages to make all the clashing ideas and styles work. 
I had seen this flick once before on HBO but that was dog years ago, and I remembered next to nothing about it. I'm glad I revisited it cuz this "Cherry" was cool stuff. Recommended.

"The Founder" (2016)

Michael Keaton stars in this entertaining period piece as Ray Kroc, the struggling restaurant-supply salesman whose chance meeting with two California brothers with a unique twist on the standard '50s burgers-and-fries drive-in eventually becomes McDonald's, the biggest fast-food chain in the world. Dryly funny and well written with great performances all around, esp. by Keaton and Nick "Parks and Recreation" Offerman as the tightly-wound Richard McDonald. Good stuff