Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

"Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" (1988)

In a 1940s Hollywood where humans and cartoon characters exist side by side, a down on his luck private detective helps a rabbit avoid a murder rap. Featuring cameos by just about every famous cartoon character from the Disney and Warner Brothers stables and many more.
Robert "Back To The Future" Zemeckis' landmark fantasy flick still manages to amaze after all these years. I've lost count of how many times I've seen this one but I never get tired of it.

National Lampoons Vacation.
Hadn't seen this in ages and while not as funny as I remember, still held up well.

We're working our way through them all.

Only one I haven;t seen is the Vegas one so Ima lookin' forward to that one

"The Brain" (1988)

A mad scientist and an alien brain-creature have taken over the minds of everyone in a small town through specially doctored TV signals, and they're about to take it nationwide unless a local juvenile delinquent and his girlfriend can stop 'em. 
This awesomely cheesy '80s video-store fave steals a little bit of "The Blob," a little from "Videodrome," and a lot from "They Live." The title creature is one of the most ridiculous rubber monsters I've seen in ages - it looks like a giant piece of poop covered in K-Y Jelly. Hilariously bad! :rofl2:

I dunno, for me Elton was probably a highlight. It was kind of like a Blazing Saddles type movie. Pretty stupid if you're looking at plot etc, so why not add to that with a bit of fun. I gave up enjoying the story pretty quickly. All the cool ideas were in the first one. The second one was just a rehash.

"Sharknado 5: Global Swarming" (2017)

Fin, April, Nova and the gang are back (again) to save the world from yet another series of catastrophic Sharknado outbreaks which threaten the entire planet. 
SyFy/Asylum's signature franchise keeps getting bigger, louder, and dumber with each new installment. By this point you might as well just forget about minor details like a coherent story or decent performances. Just turn your brain off and chuckle at the cheap CGI mayhem, the nods to other/better movies, and the endless cameos by D-list celebrities lining up to get munched (including Fabio, Samantha Fox, Clay Aiken, Gilbert Gottfried, Kathie Lee Gifford, and many more). 

"Our Man in Casablanca" (aka "The Killer Lacks a Name," 1966)
MV5BMjhmZGM4NmQtYzYzYy00MDk4LTg2N2MtMmI1

Euro-spy fun starring American bit player Lang Jeffries as a U.S. agent tangling with femme fatales and a bad guy with an electrified metal hand (!) over some stolen documents.
As usual with these cheap 007 knockoffs, the story is a muddle but the exotic Moroccan scenery is lovely and so is the female eye candy. 

It was my 10 year old son's turn to pick a movie, so this is what we got...

"Expelled" (2014)

After breaking the rules one too many times, a teenage prankster finds himself kicked out of school. If his parents find out, he'll be packed off to a military academy...so he embarks on a series of crazy schemes aimed at weaseling his way back into school before Mom and Dad discover what's happened. Lots of wacky hi-jinks borrowed heavily from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" ensue.

If your kids have never seen "Ferris," they might get a kick out of this preteen-friendly comedy...but I felt like I was watching a cheap remake. Also, the kid in the lead role (who is apparently a YouTube star of some kind) was such a smug prick that I was wishing someone would punch him in the throat after about ten minutes. :lmao: 

In other words... if you don't have kids, there's no need to bother with this one.

15 minutes ago, Dead Planet said:

Ant-man (2015) - second viewing...one of the better superhero flicks...would land at #3 for me after the Guardians of the Galaxy movies...

That's a pretty good call.

Looking forward to Ant Man 2

"Paganini Horror" (1989)

A struggling all-girl rock band discovers an unpublished piece by the Italian composer Paganini - aka "The Devil's Violinist," who supposedly sold his soul in return for his talent - and records it. While shooting a music video for the track at Paganini's former home, it awakens the spirit of the demonic musician, who doesn't take kindly to copycats taking credit for his work. Murder and mayhem ensues.

This entertainingly cheesy slice of Italian rock-horror schlock (directed by Luigi "Starcrash" Cozzi) has a couple of pretty girls in it and features some decent gore but everything else (acting, dialogue, etc) is totally Z-grade. Good for a few laughs but not much else. 

"Graveyard Disturbance" (1987)

Lamberto "Demons" Bava directed this made-for-Italian-cable turkey about five teens who take a creepy old innkeeper up on his dare to spend the night in some catacombs beneath the cemetery, with the promise of a "treasure" if they can make it till dawn. The gang encounters a variety of vampires, zombies, and other creepy crawlies, but nothing really happens. There's no gore, no violence, just a lot of walking around in circles, screaming, and running. There are some nice makeup FX and set designs but otherwise this flick was dumb as dirt and twice as dull. AVOID.

Watched a couple of my favorite movies the last two nights with a couple of my kids

Wolf Of Wall Street

The Equalizer

I'm thinking that the writers of John Wick watched the Equalizer and thought "you know if we removed dome of the story and character development and increased the violence, we'd have a killer movie" :)

• My Little Pony
59 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

The Equalizer

I'm thinking that the writers of John Wick watched the Equalizer and thought "you know if we removed dome of the story and character development and increased the violence, we'd have a killer movie" :)

Except they were released one month apart.  

57 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Except they were released one month apart.  

Jeez, they made John Wick pretty fast then I guess....:P

Point is, they are very much the same type of movie.

Waiting for the new Death Wish to come out, because I missed it at the cinema I think.
loved the Bronson one and the new one looks great.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) -  excellent sci-fi flick, I was concerned that they would screw this follow up to one of the all time best sci-fi films but they did a good job.....hopefully there will be a another in the series and we won't have to wait 35 years for it...

was flipping channels a few days ago and there was a movie called Man in the Wilderness (1971).... it appeared like the exact same movie as Leonardo Dicaprio's (The Revenant). The description of the plot was the same, and the part that I caught was where he was crawling and fighting the wolves for the meat. I did not keep  watching, however I was surprised there has already been a movie with same plot, and credits on IMDB are different so that's strange?

2 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

was flipping channels a few days ago and there was a movie called Man in the Wilderness (1971).... it appeared like the exact same movie as Leonardo Dicaprio's (The Revenant). The description of the plot was the same, and the part that I caught was where he was crawling and fighting the wolves for the meat. I did not keep  watching, however I was surprised there has already been a movie with same plot, and credits on IMDB are different so that's strange?

Here is a comparison of the 2 flicks...by the way Man In The Wilderness is a good film too....

https://www.inverse.com/article/10483-man-in-the-wilderness-the-1971-precursor-to-the-revenant-is-the-better-movie

7 hours ago, Dead Planet said:

Here is a comparison of the 2 flicks...by the way Man In The Wilderness is a good film too....

https://www.inverse.com/article/10483-man-in-the-wilderness-the-1971-precursor-to-the-revenant-is-the-better-movie

Saw The Revenant last year but saw Man In The Wilderness years ago. Enjoyed it more. Always liked Richard Harris movies.