Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Carry On Emmanuelle

Never seen this before, quite amusing.

RocknRolla

Guy Ritchie film about gangsters and crooks, actually not bad.

Paranormal Activity

As creepy the 2nd time around, genuinely scary film from someone who doesn`t think films are scary.

'The International' ; good result. Solid, enjoyable film. I liked it.

I saw a heap of movies before I left for my trip too... just trying to think of some of them:

'Menace to Society' ; good film. I saw where it was going but enjoyed it anyway.

'Bandit Queen' ; silly movie my brother bought about a female outlaw in India - based on the true story. It was awful but kind of watchable... kind of.

Twilight Series ; Yep, you heard it. I went there. My brother's fiance has the set and we watched them all when I was up there. They're tacky, melodramatic and silly, but I actually didn't mind watching them if I'm to be totally honest. Having been forced to watch 'Lord of the Rings' and seeing the 'Harry Potter' previews, this definitely looks like the pick of the bunch if you have to watch one of them.

"Predator 2" (1990)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlSNCoUNXE

Big, loud, and dumb (I mean that in the best possible way) sequel to the 1987 action classic sends the alien hunter into the urban jungles of Los Angeles, where it gets caught up in an ongoing war between cops and drug gangs. Mayhem, of course, ensues.

There's even more violence in this flick than there was in the original, and the lack of Schwarzenegger is balanced out by Danny Glover's bad-ass performance as the hero police lieutenant and the insane, googly eyed presence of Gary Busey as a government spook. ("He's on safari. Lions. The tigers. The bears. Oh my." )

Good, gory action junk that's held up better than I expected.

"Predator 2" (1990)

Big, loud, and dumb (I mean that in the best possible way) sequel to the 1987 action classic sends the alien hunter into the urban jungles of Los Angeles, where it gets caught up in an ongoing war between cops and drug gangs. Mayhem, of course, ensues.

There's even more violence in this flick than there was in the original, and the lack of Schwarzenegger is balanced out by Danny Glover's bad-ass performance as the hero police lieutenant and the insane, googly eyed presence of Gary Busey as a government spook. ("He's on safari. Lions. The tigers. The bears. Oh my." )

Nice actions but the story and the actors were extremely weak imo. Danny Glover as a bad ass cop? :blink:

"Predator 2" (1990)

Nice actions but the story and the actors were extremely weak imo. Danny Glover as a bad ass cop? :blink:

Ehhh, it's an action movie... you want acting too? Haha.

Seriously, the only cast members I didn't really care for were Ruben Blades and Maria Conchita Alonso -- they usually appeared in more "highbrow" movies and therefore were not accustomed to the action genre, which showed rather badly. Other than them, I had no complaints. I thought Danny Glover did a nice job (who'da thunk he would've been able to step into Schwarzenegger's shoes?)- he was doin' a complete 180 degree turn from the cautious family-man cop he had been playing in the "Lethal Weapon" films around the same time. It was almost like he was channeling Mel Gibson's crazy-man bit from the "L.W." movies for his "Predator" character.

Oh, and the casting of trash-TV host Morton Downey Jr. as the tabloid journalist was genius. I remember when I saw that movie in a theatre, everybody cheered when Glover's character punched him out. :rofl:

127 HOURS

A film about a man stuck down a cave who cuts his arm off. If you have free cinema tickets you need to use and have absolutely nothing better to do then consider it, otherwise don't bother.

"Gothika" (2004)

Halle Berry is a jail psychiatrist who has a strange encounter with a ghostly girl on a bridge and then wakes up as a prisoner in her own facility, accused of brutally murdering her husband. Robert Downey Jr. plays her colleague who's trying to help her remember what happened and how she got there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjYKXr9w0QI

Mildly entertaining psychological thriller but not a must-see by any means. The film's greatest sin (aside from the use of Limp Bizkit's version of "Behind Blue Eyes" as the end credit theme, rather than the original by The Who!) is that it stars two of the loveliest women in Hollywood (Halle Berry and Penelope Cruz) and then uglies both of'em down to the point where they're unrecognizable. Booooo!

The Firm

Must admit I really enjoyed this football hooliganism movie, didn`t really like the violence but the rest of the film I liked and a great 80`s soundtrack.

"RoboCop" (1987), aka My Favorite Movie Ever, for about the millionth time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clqK5OC3BWE

I never get tired of this flick. It's got everything I love all rolled up in one movie...science fiction, dark (extremely dark) comedy, balls-to-the-wall action, blood and guts and yeah, maybe even a little bit of drama too. It's like a really kick-ass comic book come to life.

Last night was my first time ever seeing the "unrated" version of the film, which really didn't differ much from the R-rated theatrical edition -- I noticed a few extra seconds of gore in two scenes (where the malfunctioning ED-209 unit splatters the junior-exec all over the boardroom, and at the end when Robo stabs Clarence in the neck with his input spike) and that was about it.

"Behemoth" - silly SyFy Channel crap about a giant ancient creature living under a mountain.

I just watched the 1986 movie Crossroads with Ralph Machio (sp?) as a 17yr old guitar prodigy that tracks down an old blues harmonica player and asks him to help find some missing blues song. They end up dealing with the devil and Ralph has to face off in a guitar battle with the devils prodigy (played by Steve Vai). Pretty decent movie.