Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Still digging up old movies to show the kids...

MONSTER SQUAD- HIT

7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD- HIT

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES- MISS

ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN- HIT

BENJI- MISS

GODZILLA (#1)- MISS

Tonite it's a cheesey Doug McClure fav of mine, AT THE EARTH'S CORE :)

"The Ruins"

...pretty cool horror flick in which a bunch of American twenty-somethings on vacation in Mexico decide to spend the last day of their trip exploring the remains of a Mayan pyramid in the jungle. Unfortunately said pyramid is home to a particularly nasty creeping vine/plant infestation that's carnivorous in nature. Hilarity ensues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdto154_to

Though I didn't have high hopes for it at first "The Ruins" was a pretty decent, fast moving, gory flick that kept my interest throughout. A worthy entry in the under-utilized Killer Plant Genre.

Saw that flick in the Theaters actually... Pretty decent horror flick,.,, ALl I could think of was.. Killer pot plants!!!! :rofl2: Seriously, tell Me those plants DON'T look like marijuanna plants????? I guess that old saying is correct.. Pot kills!!!! :yikes:

Saw that flick in the Theaters actually... Pretty decent horror flick,.,, ALl I could think of was.. Killer pot plants!!!! :rofl2: Seriously, tell Me those plants DON'T look like marijuanna plants????? I guess that old saying is correct.. Pot kills!!!! :yikes:

I ain't never see'd no pot plants that could mimic the sound of a ringing cell phone, or scream back at you!!! :yikes:

"The Ruins"

...pretty cool horror flick in which a bunch of American twenty-somethings on vacation in Mexico decide to spend the last day of their trip exploring the remains of a Mayan pyramid in the jungle. Unfortunately said pyramid is home to a particularly nasty creeping vine/plant infestation that's carnivorous in nature. Hilarity ensues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzdto154_to

Though I didn't have high hopes for it at first "The Ruins" was a pretty decent, fast moving, gory flick that kept my interest throughout. A worthy entry in the under-utilized Killer Plant Genre.

Looks sweet. I will see it.

• My Little Pony

Tron Legacy

I really enjoyed this film. Any newcomers should like it, but it also has many throwbacks to the first feature to rekindle any fond memories you old bastards may have. Also, Daft Punk make an appearance which was great!

"Cop Out" -- buddy cop flick starring Bruce Willis and the slightly irritating Tracy Morgan as two dimwitted Brooklyn detectives who get mixed up with goons from a Mexican drug cartel.

A pretty typical action comedy (think "48 HRS"), it was nothing to shout about but overall it was an entertaining way to kill 90 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRpVvgjPFQ

Alyssa Milano is in the buff

(*Immediately adds this film to the top of "MUST SEE LIST"*)

'Death at a funeral' ; hated it. I seriously had to rewind about a dozen times from the end to parts where I kept falling asleep. I just couldn't see it out, 2 nights in a row. Painfully boring and the lead actor was so f*cking irritating. Dreadful movie.

'Death at a funeral' ; hated it. I seriously had to rewind about a dozen times from the end to parts where I kept falling asleep. I just couldn't see it out, 2 nights in a row. Painfully boring and the lead actor was so f*cking irritating. Dreadful movie.

If it was the awful American remake I can totally understand.

Of Gods and Men

Highly rated French film based on a true story of a group of monks living in an Algerian village during the civil war. There are some really powerful scenes, not least the ending, which was moving and provocative. The meeting between the chiefs on both 2 sides, i.e. the leader of the monks and the head of the terrorists, is one of the most stirring and accomplished scenes I have seen in any film. The cinematography is excellent, some of the shots are jaw-droppingly beautiful. However, the film suffers immensely from its emphasis on style over substance. There are countless scenes showing the monks at prayer and song, which is unnecessary; we understand what they do and where they are. Despite the amount of time spent showing the monks about their daily tasks, there is actually precious little character development. We learn almost nothing about the villagers' lives. I saw this with 2 friends who are real film buffs, we all enjoy French cinema, but we all this film protracted and monotonous.

"Get Smart"

...I can usually only handle Steve Carell in small doses but I gotta admit he was the perfect guy to play Agent 86 in this update of the classic '60s TV series. The movie's a decent enough action/comedy, not a classic but still worth a look -- mainly because Anne Hathaway as Agent 99 is SMOKIN HOT throughout this movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91sgJr4Avk

Don't think it was American, mate. It had that American midget actor in it but the rest of the cast were painfully British. :lol: Okay, just checked wikipedia and yeah, definitely it was the original I saw. Not the one with Chris Rock etc. Whoever that stiff was who played the lead role was just made me want to hurt him by speaking.

'Day watch' ; honestly didn't watch it but I'm curious if anyone has seen this. It's a Russian film, looks kinda like their version of 'Matrix' or something. Special effects looked totally top notch but it was English voice overs rather than subtitles and I just couldn't handle it. Plus the 20 or so minutes I saw were painful to watch. Looked like a terrible movie, but way outside of a budget I thought they had for making films in Russia to be honest.

'Se7en' ; one of my all-time faves. Love it.

'Deception' ; Very impressive. A big part of how a movie fares with me is it's ability to keep me awake during testing times. Lay on my pillow watching this close to midnight after half a dozen beers this afternoon and never even felt tired watching this. Sign of a very entertaining movie. And it was. I think it's the first Hugh Jackman film I've seen, and I really liked it.

Over the last few days....

The Invention Of Lying

Ghosts of Girlfriends past

Best

The Big Boss

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

• My Little Pony

Don't think it was American, mate. It had that American midget actor in it but the rest of the cast were painfully British. :lol: Okay, just checked wikipedia and yeah, definitely it was the original I saw. Not the one with Chris Rock etc. Whoever that stiff was who played the lead role was just made me want to hurt him by speaking.

'I don't understand you, mate. Death at a Funeral is hilarious! Alan Tudyk did a fantastic job. It truly is brilliant. I can't say anything about the American version, because I haven't seen it, but I would like to.'

'Day watch' ; honestly didn't watch it but I'm curious if anyone has seen this. It's a Russian film, looks kinda like their version of 'Matrix' or something. Special effects looked totally top notch but it was English voice overs rather than subtitles and I just couldn't handle it. Plus the 20 or so minutes I saw were painful to watch. Looked like a terrible movie, but way outside of a budget I thought they had for making films in Russia to be honest.

'I believe Night Watch is the first film, and I enjoyed it. Yes, they are very different. No, they are not Matrix clones. I do appreciate your intolerance for English dubs. I firmly believe in watching films in the language they were shot, so I commend you. Night Watch and Day Watch were directed by the assistant director, and produced by the director of Wanted. Does that make sense? I highly recommend them. In fact, I would personally like to revisit them.'