Taylor Swift Tortured Numbers

• 2023 Gold Donors

Of The Tortured Poets Department’s first-week sales of 1.914 million, physical sales comprise 1.64 million (859,000 vinyl LPs — a modern-era single week record for an album on vinyl, 759,500 CDs and a little over 21,500 cassettes) and digital downloads comprise 274,000.

That’s a lot of LPs and CDs to sell in one week!

• 2023 Gold Donors
57 minutes ago, auslander said:

A lot of people have shit taste in music.

I really have no problem with her music. And considering how shitty top 40 music is in America, at least I can understand what she’s singing about and believe me there are a lot of worse options than her. Give Drake or Kendick😀Lamar a listen 🤮🤮🤮

• Like 1

How many workers of label she on, took home to charted it.

I know a certain Aussie act had a big hit after his manager asked friends of band to go to as many of Brashs (remember them, Aussies} to buy ten copies of the single so it will be charted.

Asked to person who vocalist was if had any copies, "Yes, they under my bed as leg of it."

12 hours ago, nyoilers said:

I really have no problem with her music. And considering how shitty top 40 music is in America, at least I can understand what she’s singing about and believe me there are a lot of worse options than her. Give Drake or Kendick😀Lamar a listen 🤮🤮🤮

Yeah, definitely a lot worse out there. My daughter seems to have found her way into being a bit of a fan of hers so the other day I googled "Taylor Swift rock songs" to add to the car playlist I have set up for the kids. No riff-driven monsters presented themselves, but she's got several completely listenable pop tunes compared to some of the much worse shit you hear out there. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, definitely a lot worse out there. My daughter seems to have found her way into being a bit of a fan of hers so the other day I googled "Taylor Swift rock songs" to add to the car playlist I have set up for the kids. No riff-driven monsters presented themselves, but she's got several completely listenable pop tunes compared to some of the much worse shit you hear out there. 

My daughter's 26 and has been listening to her for 15 years or so. And like you I'd much rather have her listen to Swift than some of the other options

• 2023 Gold Donors

She can feel free to step it on up and fund the ridiculous Ukranian war effort...instead of cash strapped US taxpayers who don't have a pot to piss in.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Metal T said:

She can feel free to step it on up and fund the ridiculous Ukranian war effort...instead of cash strapped US taxpayers who don't have a pot to piss in.

Preach it brother!

On 4/29/2024 at 12:01 AM, auslander said:

A lot of people have shit taste in music.

Yeah, I tried listening to one of her songs ("Cruel Summer" I think) at one point just to see what all the hype is about; that shit was annoying! But for whatever reason, the rich college girls at Starbucks love eating that crap burger with their Frappuccinos!

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
12 hours ago, Metal T said:

We’ll let the dog shooter handle any war efforts 😀

• 2023 Gold Donors
11 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Yeah, I tried listening to one of her songs ("Cruel Summer" I think) at one point just to see what all the hype is about; that shit was annoying! But for whatever reason, the rich college girls at Starbucks love eating that crap burger with their Frappuccinos!

If I placed judgment after listening to one song there’s a few bands that I probably would’ve never listened to. But regardless of that you crossed the line by mentioning Starbucks!

3 minutes ago, nyoilers said:

If I placed judgment after listening to one song there’s a few bands that I probably would’ve never listened to. But regardless of that you crossed the line by mentioning Starbucks!

Well, I heard a couple others but I can't remember their names. Also, I know a bunch of people who work at Starbucks, LOL.

Edited by GarrisonDreams

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I know a bunch of people who work at Starbucks, LOL.

image.png.58107fb4fc9b98f194deea7beb69e723.png

4 hours ago, nyoilers said:

image.png.58107fb4fc9b98f194deea7beb69e723.png

But did I actually offend you? If so, my apologies. I tend to be very blunt and opinionated, but it's something I'm trying to work on.

Edited by GarrisonDreams

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

But did I actually offend you? If so, my apologies. I tend to be very blunt and opinionated, but it's something I'm trying to work on.

No I’m not offended, just adding to my post total  :) 

Anyways on Billboards top 100 Swift has the top 14 songs so whether you like her or not that’s pretty unbelievable !

As for Starbucks that’s pretty much my go to coffee. 

On 5/2/2024 at 1:36 AM, nyoilers said:

No I’m not offended, just adding to my post total  :) 

Anyways on Billboards top 100 Swift has the top 14 songs so whether you like her or not that’s pretty unbelievable !

As for Starbucks that’s pretty much my go to coffee. 

Ah alright, thanks! Just let me know if I ever do actually offend you or someone else, so I'll know to knock it off.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

Ah alright, thanks! Just let me know if I ever do actually offend you or someone else, so I'll know to knock it off.

That's the thing about people being offended. If you didn't intend to offend anyone and they get all offended, I think it is on them. People like NYOILERS though, they intentionally offend people with their awful Taylor Swift fanboy posts.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, auslander said:

That's the thing about people being offended. If you didn't intend to offend anyone and they get all offended, I think it is on them. People like NYOILERS though, they intentionally offend people with their awful Taylor Swift fanboy posts.

Why? The numbers in the orginal post are impressive and Swift is indeed a phenomenon that achieves remarkable things. And it's posted in General Music.

Edit: I don't like her music either.

Edited by swisspaddy
  • Like 1

Why is there a Taylor Swift thread constantly appearing on my feed?

At the risk of offending Captain Howdy and being labelled as someone who has no brain or common sense, who really gives shit?

General Music Discussion 

Whether someone wants to talk about Mongolian throat singing or Taylor Swift, this is the appropriate forum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, swisspaddy said:

Why? The numbers in the orginal post are impressive and Swift is indeed a phenomenon that achieves remarkable things. And it's posted in General Music.

Edit: I don't like her music either.

It was a joke.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

General Music Discussion 

Whether someone wants to talk about Mongolian throat singing or Taylor Swift, this is the appropriate forum. 

But I can't? I forgot already what group I put up whatever but someone said it wasn't for this forum and my post was deleted so again back to my previous post. I was in AOR section I think? I didn't notice that might have been why....... I think that was how it happened.

Edited by TheOriginalSplash
added

• 2023 Gold Donors
21 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Yeah, this whole thread offends me. 

I'm offended that you're adding to your post total by being offended

• Haha 1