Hello, World!

Hello from Texas! I'm a big fan of rock music from the 80s, particularly AOR. It's hard for me to find others who share my interests, so I joined this forum so I can meet new people.

• Like 2

Hi Garrison from Victoria (Australia). When you say AOR you must still have room for some ZZ Top, right? Isn't it illegal not to like ZZ Top if you are into rock music and from Texas? 

19 hours ago, auslander said:

Hi Garrison from Victoria (Australia). When you say AOR you must still have room for some ZZ Top, right? Isn't it illegal not to like ZZ Top if you are into rock music and from Texas? 

I've never heard of ZZ Top. Are there any particular songs by them which you recommend?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Welcome aboard mate.

Thanks. It's a pleasure to meet you!

2 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I've never heard of ZZ Top. Are there any particular songs by them which you recommend?

I assume you’re joking, otherwise you’re going to have to go straight by Governor Abbott’s house and turn in your official Texan card. 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

I assume you’re joking, otherwise you’re going to have to go straight by Governor Abbott’s house and turn in your official Texan card. 😂

I'm afraid not, you'll have to enlighten me so I can keep my Texan card! 😅

18 minutes ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I'm afraid not, you'll have to enlighten me so I can keep my Texan card! 😅

Exactly how long have you lived in Texas? Or the United States? 

10 minutes ago, whiplash1972 said:

Exactly how long have you lived in Texas? Or the United States? 

I've lived here for almost my entire life. By the way, while I may not have heard of ZZ Top, I noticed that you like Dokken. Under Lock and Key is my favorite album, but So Many Tears is my favorite song by them.

• My Little Pony

Clearly just trolling you lot. Anyone who knows what Rock 'n Roll is has heard of ZZ Top. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Whatever Happened To Fun? said:

I’m also from Texas! Where in Texas are you from?

From Texas or not, I would have thought's any music fan would have heard of ZZ Top. Go listen to Sharp Dressed Man or Legs.

I live in Austin, what about you? By the way, I listened to the songs. They're alright; for some reason, they kinda remind me of rock music from the 1970s.

I'm shocked! I thought it was a very funny comeback to say you'd never heard of the bearded trio (ok one doesn't have a beard but he is named Beard). Now, I think you are serious and I have choked on my Milo!

33 minutes ago, auslander said:

I'm shocked! I thought it was a very funny comeback to say you'd never heard of the bearded trio (ok one doesn't have a beard but he is named Beard). Now, I think you are serious and I have choked on my Milo!

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I noticed that you do like Crazy Lixx and I'm a big fan of them too. My favorite song by them is 21 Till I Die.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GarrisonDreams said:

I live in Austin, what about you? By the way, I listened to the songs. They're alright; for some reason, they kinda remind me of rock music from the 1970s.

I live down the road in New Braunfels. Still work in Austin.

Yes they were 80’s songs but they date back to the 70’s.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 2:44 PM, lettard said:

Welcome to HH :drink:

For me the ZZ Top from the 70's is their better stuff.

Thanks, I'm glad to be here! To be honest, I don't really listen to 70s rock music that often. Although I do like some of the stuff by KISS and the song "Go All The Way" by Raspberries.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...