Nestor - Teenage Rebel

Stefan

ooh that song is much better than the last on e. love it.

Bon Jovi Wild In The Streets clone at times though

“Last to Know”

• Like 2

18 hours ago, whiplash1972 said:

“Last to Know”

Good song!

Have given the new album a listen.  I was kind of lukewarm on the debut.  Liked some of it, but it ultimately it didn't have much staying power for me I think mostly because it just all felt so familiar.  I think only 3 songs survived into my playlists from it (1989, On The Run and Tomorrow).    

As for the new one, I'm liking about half of it.  For me, it starts off great but loses some steam in the 2nd half.  I'd say Last To Know and Unchain My Heart are probably my early favorites on the album.  Frankly, Unchain My Heart my be my favorite song this band has done.  Teenage Rebel, Victorious and We Come Alive all pretty good though.  Not really much beyond those songs grabbing me right now but maybe some other songs will grow on me.  Or maybe it won't have much staying power again like the debut....we'll see I guess.

Overall, I think initially I like it a little more than the debut but it's pretty close.  Actually, I think if I could combine both albums then it would make 1 really killer album ;)    

My first impression of the album is, it's decent. They couldn't really reach the vibe of the debut but they're constantly trying. 1989, These Days, Signed in blood were my favourites on the last album. Also the drums sound a bit flat on this album compared to the huge 80s sound on the debut.

On this album my early favourite seems to be Last to know. The singles were all great. Then there are some middle of the road songs (we come alive, addicted to love, unchain my heart). The ballads don't really grab me but they already didn't on the debut album. 21 to me is the weakest song on the album with the pre-chorus being a copy of "wouldn't it be good". 

I like the album but I'm not too ecstatic at this point.

• My Little Pony

Sounds decent to me. Will def have to give it more spings. 

Still awaiting mine to arrive...should've been on Weds :( or according to my order that was the case anyway :( 

Arrived today(at last) loving it, I'm a big fan of the debut and this is similar,which is what I want from Nestor because what they do is why I loved em in the first place :) 

• Like 1

good album, and for me it's pretty much on par with the debut, my favorite tracks at the moment are "Caroline" and "Unchain My Heart'...as Cure pointed out some songs have parts which reminded me of 80's songs, Teenage Rebel (Bon Jovi "Wild in the Streets") and Addicted to Your Love (Bon Jovi "Born to Be My Baby") and to a lesser degree Last to Know (main riff sounds a little like Def Leppard "Hysteria")

• Like 1