Bon Jovi - “Forever” coming June 07, 2024

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The Summer Set's attempt wasn't bad. 

I had a feeling as I was typing it there was probably some modern band with a half decent attempt. I also had Skillet in my head too, but haven’t bothered to check. 

New song sounds pretty bad, but maybe at least a (bad) attempt at something a little more “anthemic.”

• 1 month later...

New song.

Obviously light years away from what they were but I don't hate this as much as most of the stuff they've done the past 15 years.  At least it's not some sappy ballad....which is probably what most of the new album will be lol.  It's still fairly bland and generic modern Bon Jovi in general though.

Edited by tts42572

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's kinda just there.

I just find it kinda sad that with an anniversary like this, Jon couldn't have pulled something really great out of the bag.

Just one more great album then he can go back to being the housewives choice.

• Like 1

BON JOVI announce:

“FOREVER out June 7, available now for pre-order 

To celebrate, our new song LEGENDARY is out now. #BonJoviForever ❤️🗡️

Tracklist:
1. Legendary
2. We Made It Look Easy
3. Living Proof
4. Waves
5. Seeds
6. Kiss The Bride
7. The People's House
8. Walls of Jericho
9. I Wrote You A Song
10. Living In Paradise
11. My First Guitar
12. Hollow Man

image.png

• whiplash1972 changed the title to Bon Jovi - “Forever” coming June 07, 2024

Well this is a perfect example of why they continue to put out this mediocre shit. If you look at social media, people are falling over themselves to say how great this song is and how much they are looking forward to the album.

I can only assume that either these are the sort of blinkered die hards who will accept any old shit from a band because the love them, or they are fairly new fans to the band who are into that sort of shit and don't really know the band for their older stuff. What also gets me is they way they act like you just tried to murder them if you say anything negative about the song or the band. While people like this continue to praise them to high heaven, they will keep putting out this shite.

I would actually love to not buy it, but the collector in me would hate not having a complete disography. I will probably wait til it is mega cheap like I did with that bucket of cow shit that was their last album.

I really hoped Jon and Richie would reunite if not for an album, a tour... One last hoorah for the fan's sake.  If they announced a "New Jersey" tour and played the same set list as they did in 1988 / 1989 they could name their price and I'd be there.  But Jon doesn't need the money, and he wrote off his 80's fans long ago.  Fairly certain that ship has sailed.

I am having a hell of a time on FaceBook pissing off these mindless drones who will accept any old shit their favourite band puts out. I can't wait to see how long it is before FB hits me with a ban again.

On 3/14/2024 at 6:45 PM, tts42572 said:

New song.

Obviously light years away from what they were but I don't hate this as much as most of the stuff they've done the past 15 years.  At least it's not some sappy ballad....which is probably what most of the new album will be lol.  It's still fairly bland and generic modern Bon Jovi in general though.

Yes this one's not bad. Have added to my playlist. 

Verses aren't unbearable, but it's just the same shitty chorus from the last decade of albums.

I'm going to make a bold statement and say I reckon there's actually going to be a couple of decent songs on this album. Looking again at the song titles, it won't be many. But there may be one or two keepers on here... I hope. 

On 3/14/2024 at 3:28 PM, Captain Howdy said:

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's kinda just there.

I just find it kinda sad that with an anniversary like this, Jon couldn't have pulled something really great out of the bag.

Just one more great album then he can go back to being the housewives choice.

Agree.....Just kind of "there" is a good way to describe it.  

It would be great if this were sort of a change of pace song and there were more "rocking" songs on the album.  But the sad thing is that this is probably THE rocking song on the album lol.

It just frustrates me so much.  I really dug this band back in the day and despite the feud with Richie and the whole corporate machine, I think Jon seems like a pretty good dude.  I mean, I've watched plenty of interviews over the years and he always seems to be a pretty down to earth guy and has done a ton of philanthropic work.  It's like I really want to like their stuff but I just can't seem to do it with the crap they've put out lol.

I don't think another great album is in the cards.  Maybe an album we don't absolutely hate is the best we can hope for at this point :lol:

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Agree.....Just kind of "there" is a good way to describe it.  

It would be great if this were sort of a change of pace song and there were more "rocking" songs on the album.  But the sad thing is that this is probably THE rocking song on the album lol.

It just frustrates me so much.  I really dug this band back in the day and despite the feud with Richie and the whole corporate machine, I think Jon seems like a pretty good dude.  I mean, I've watched plenty of interviews over the years and he always seems to be a pretty down to earth guy and has done a ton of philanthropic work.  It's like I really want to like their stuff but I just can't seem to do it with the crap they've put out lol.

I don't think another great album is in the cards.  Maybe an album we don't absolutely hate is the best we can hope for at this point :lol:

Couldnt agree more with this probably being the "heaviest" song on the album :lol:

And yeah I agree, Jon may be a bit of a ruthless business man when it comes to the band, but he is a decent bloke. The amount of work he has done for the homeless is admirable.

I know his voice is shot and he is having some kind of throat surgery that he says may end his touring career but I don't think that is really an excuse why his music has been so mid the last decade or so.

As for Richie, I would love to see him back in the band but I don't think he would fix anything. I mean Phil is a great guitarist, and he is being wasted in the band and Richie has barely put anything out since leaving the band, with the only thing I can think of being that awful RSO album he did with Orianthi, where two fantastic guitarists seemed to almost give up on actually playing guitar.

His last solo album was twelve years ago when he was still in the band, and even that was a let down with only a few stand out tracks on it.

Plus his history with alcohol has done him no favours.

2 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Couldnt agree more with this probably being the "heaviest" song on the album :lol:

And yeah I agree, Jon may be a bit of a ruthless business man when it comes to the band, but he is a decent bloke. The amount of work he has done for the homeless is admirable.

I know his voice is shot and he is having some kind of throat surgery that he says may end his touring career but I don't think that is really an excuse why his music has been so mid the last decade or so.

As for Richie, I would love to see him back in the band but I don't think he would fix anything. I mean Phil is a great guitarist, and he is being wasted in the band and Richie has barely put anything out since leaving the band, with the only thing I can think of being that awful RSO album he did with Orianthi, where two fantastic guitarists seemed to almost give up on actually playing guitar.

His last solo album was twelve years ago when he was still in the band, and even that was a let down with only a few stand out tracks on it.

Plus his history with alcohol has done him no favours.

Agree 100% with the Richie part.  Lots of people ring the bell about him coming back and while that would be fun to see live, I don't think it would make any difference with the music.  I mean, it's not like the last couple albums with Richie were any better.  

I think their only hope would be to work with some outside producer and be willing to turn over control to that person to help guide them to more of a classic sounding melodic rock album kind of like Skid Row did with Nick Raskulinecz for example.  Heck, I think Bon Jovi even working with somebody like Steve Brown could really help a lot.  But I don't think they have any intention of doing something like that at this stage.

1 hour ago, tts42572 said:

Agree 100% with the Richie part.  Lots of people ring the bell about him coming back and while that would be fun to see live, I don't think it would make any difference with the music.  I mean, it's not like the last couple albums with Richie were any better.  

I think their only hope would be to work with some outside producer and be willing to turn over control to that person to help guide them to more of a classic sounding melodic rock album kind of like Skid Row did with Nick Raskulinecz for example.  Heck, I think Bon Jovi even working with somebody like Steve Brown could really help a lot.  But I don't think they have any intention of doing something like that at this stage.

Jon has consiously decided to move in this musical direction and he is so controlling with the band that I really don't think anyone could sway him to do something even close to anything from their first 20 years or so. Even the likes of Desmond Child or Bob Rock would not be able to do it.

• Like 1