Russell / Guns - Medusa

Stefan

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

lol, I have no idea what that is. Stock photography probably wasn't around in the 80's, Clay Aitken probably wasn't born yet and I don't even have any word association at all with Waterman. 

I think you're missing my point, though. I don't love or often even like ADV's output, but it's 2023 and whatever I think of ADV, I think even less of Tracii Guns and Jack Russell as songwriters, in 2023. 

Natural born WHINER!

3 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

At least with Kylie you could watch her on Top of the Pops with the sound off...

What do we get with Frontiers?  Bad videos of old men 😅

Point to the spot on the doll where Frontiers hurt you!  lol  You sound as bitter as Andrew

• My Little Pony
Just now, The Rocker said:

Point to the spot on the doll where Frontiers hurt you!  lol  You sound as bitter as Andrew

Nobody's as bitter as Andrew. 

;}

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, EnJayKay said:

Frontiers don't affect me because I don't buy anything they release, and haven't since 2010.

You must be new to the internet...

Nothing at all? What was the last Frontiers album you bought?

2 hours ago, auslander said:

Stock Aitken & Waterman were the famous music producers/writers in Britain during the 80s & 90s who foisted manufactured pop onto us all by the bucketload. Made stars out of people like Kylie Minouge and Jason Donovan. About 90% of their stuff was throwaway and sounded very similar. A bit like ADV and Frontiers. I understand the comparison EnJayKay was making.

Oh, I see. Genuinely never even heard of them. Given the forum we’re on I’m assuming a reference to Desmond Child and Jack Ponti may have more relevance. 

3 hours ago, Geoff said:

Oh, I see. Genuinely never even heard of them. Given the forum we’re on I’m assuming a reference to Desmond Child and Jack Ponti may have more relevance. 

Ish, but they weren't quite so shit overall 😅

9 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

Frontiers don't affect me because I don't buy anything they release, and haven't since 2010.

You must be new to the internet...

What??

2 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

Ish, but they weren't quite so shit overall 😅

Desmond Child was the opposite of shit. IMO never made a band worse, only better. Ponti on the other hand, I could not say the same. He surely has to shoulder some of the blame for the decline of “hair metal” leading into the early 90s with his banal tripe. 

We're all bitter Andrew, we should appreciate being fucked over by a poor label constantly using artists we love to pedal sub-standard shit or just generally ripping us off.

We should appreciate the bad music and bad business practice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Desmond Child was the opposite of shit. IMO never made a band worse, only better. Ponti on the other hand, I could not say the same. He surely has to shoulder some of the blame for the decline of “hair metal” leading into the early 90s with his banal tripe. 

That's my point, they weren't shit.

Although Desmond is still responsible for Ricky Martin, so his slate is not 100% clean.

My point is neither have the criminal record of Stock, Aitken and Waterman or Frontiers and their Del Vecchio production line, which is why they fit together better.

6 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

We're all bitter Andrew, we should appreciate being fucked over by a poor label constantly using artists we love to pedal sub-standard shit or just generally ripping us off.

We should appreciate the bad music and bad business practice.

I understand Andrews bitterness  and I don't know who you are so I really can't comment, but I have to ask this. You own no Eclipse, Crazy Lixx, Treat, W.E.T., Winger, Wig Wam, Defiants, TMF, Vega, Degreed? I really don't understand the whole "Getting Fucked Over" thing. I get the ADV shit because there are SO many song writers out there and he is on over 50% of stuff(writer, Producer, keyboard, Bass, BV, it's absolutely ridiculous!

• Like 1

Before Del Vecchio I'd already got bored shitless with Erik Martensson, so I give Eclipse and W.E.T a wide berth too.

And I didn't say I don't have or have heard some of those album's, I'm saying Frontiers didn't get a penny of my money, and won't.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

Before Del Vecchio I'd already got bored shitless with Erik Martensson, so I give Eclipse and W.E.T a wide berth too.

And I didn't say I don't have or have heard some of those album's, I'm saying Frontiers didn't get a penny of my money, and won't.

Well, if you "have" any then they got paid. unless you DLed them for free.

3 hours ago, The Rocker said:

Well, if you "have" any then they got paid. unless you DLed them for free.

That hurts the artist as much as the label. I get being mad at a label but I am not mad at the artists who are just trying to make a living in a tough marketplace these days. 

15 hours ago, auslander said:

That hurts the artist as much as the label. I get being mad at a label but I am not mad at the artists who are just trying to make a living in a tough marketplace these days. 

Not saying that is what I do (although yeah I definitely download some stuff, there's just too much out there now not to), but in the case of these shit project's, the artist has no input, they are hired to come in and record someone else's work.  So the artist is already paid and won't be harmed by the fact people don't buy the album when it's out.

It effects the label and the songwriters by not buying it, and that's the point.  Because I don't want to support Frontiers or Del Vecchio.

I buy pretty much everything Escape or AOR Blvd put out, direct, for that exact reason too.  I can see the difference those purchases make.

8 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

in the case of these shit project's, the artist has no input, they are hired to come in and record someone else's work. 

Not even close to being true.

Sweet & Lynch all written by Michael & George

Black Swan all written by McAuley, Pilson & Beach

Sunbomb although does have ADV writing credits, all songs are co-written with Sweet, Guns and bassist, Mitch Davis

Dirty Shirley all songs written by Jelusick and Lynch

Nobody is saying your don't have the right to not buy them, but you should at least have things straight before making such a wide of the mark statement.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Not even close to being true.

Sweet & Lynch all written by Michael & George

Black Swan all written by McAuley, Pilson & Beach

Sunbomb although does have ADV writing credits, all songs are co-written with Sweet, Guns and bassist, Mitch Davis

Dirty Shirley all songs written by Jelusick and Lynch

Nobody is saying your don't have the right to not buy them, but you should at least have things straight before making such a wide of the mark statement.

Apart from Black Swan, I didn't buy any of them because they were shit.

I think I may have bought the first Black Swan, and the first Sweet Lynch (was that the one with Dying Rose on it, because that was a good song?)

It doesn't *just* have to be because the keyboard midget of doom has his chubby little fingers in the pie.

Some of it is just not good in spite of him.

Besides he wrote all of the last Sweet Lynch album, was all over the Dirty Shirley album, and as you said he was all over Sunbomb...  thankfully he only mastered Black Swan.

5 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

It doesn't *just* have to be because the keyboard midget of doom has his chubby little fingers in the pie.

That!!!  :rofl2::rofl2:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, EnJayKay said:

Apart from Black Swan, I didn't buy any of them because they were shit.

I think I may have bought the first Black Swan, and the first Sweet Lynch (was that the one with Dying Rose on it, because that was a good song?)

Some of it is just not good in spite of him.

Besides he wrote all of the last Sweet Lynch album, was all over the Dirty Shirley album, and as you said he was all over Sunbomb...  thankfully he only mastered Black Swan.

So you just changed your story. You claimed they did not write any of the material and were just hired to record someone elses material. I proved that's wrong so now you have another excuse without actually admitting you were wrong.

As I said you have every right to not like something, but don't just make shit up dude or at least do some research before making claims like that.

24 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

So you just changed your story. You claimed they did not write any of the material and were just hired to record someone elses material. I proved that's wrong so now you have another excuse without actually admitting you were wrong.

As I said you have every right to not like something, but don't just make shit up dude or at least do some research before making claims like that.

Oh so I should buy the shit stuff to support the artist just because keyboard dwarf didn't write it?

Gotcha.

90% of it is project's that I don't support, written by the in-house team with hired names, 10% of it is written by the artist but is dogshit.

Either way, you're not convincing me to buy it.