Reality TV...

heavyharmonies

Reality TV...  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm talking about the "new" reality TV stuff:

Survivor

Bachelor

Trading Spouses

Fear Factor

Who's Your Daddy?

The Apprentice

The Contender

Roommates from the ButtPlanet Galaxy

It seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some new contrived phoney "nothing real about it" reality TV show. :doh:

I don't get the allure. I hate them. I think they're mindless drivel. The term "reality TV" is a misnomer - they're scripted and people are manipulated by the situations they are put in.

IMO there are only a few true "reality" TV shows - Cops, which is the original reality TV show, and World's Scariest Police Chases.

The biggest difference between the latter and the former is that in the latter, events and situations are not being created solely for the camera. The camera may be capturing events as they unfold, but by and large the participants do not know they are on film.

Reality TV? A trend that must die... :brutal_36:

Garbage!!!!

I've been 'hooked' on ONE reality show........."Amish In The City".....and I miss it! :crying:

Other than that.......nope........nuh uh.....no way.

I'm talking about the "new" reality TV stuff:

Survivor

Bachelor

Trading Spouses

Fear Factor

Who's Your Daddy?

The Apprentice

The Contender

Roommates from the ButtPlanet Galaxy

It seems like you can't swing a dead cat without hitting some new contrived phoney "nothing real about it" reality TV show. :doh:

I don't get the allure. I hate them. I think they're mindless drivel. The term "reality TV" is a misnomer - they're scripted and people are manipulated by the situations they are put in.

IMO there are only a few true "reality" TV shows - Cops, which is the original reality TV show, and World's Scariest Police Chases.

The biggest difference between the latter and the former is that in the latter, events and situations are not being created solely for the camera. The camera may be capturing events as they unfold, but by and large the participants do not know they are on film.

Reality TV? A trend that must die... :brutal_36:

Even though you're right....I still watch them. I enjoy them...because I look at them as intertainment, not necessarily that they are based on 'reality'.

Garbage!!!!

I've been 'hooked' on ONE reality show........."Amish In The City".....and I miss it! :crying: 

Other than that.......nope........nuh uh.....no way.

Tell them the REAL reason why you don't watch..... haha

Ok..I will...

It's because you can't pull yourself away from the computer long enought to actually sit down and watch something!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Guest stuck in lodi

I think all this "reality" TV is just total garbage. Like Dan said, it's anything but reality. It's the most contrived, scripted stuff on TV now. It's shows like these that have me watching and enjoying channels I never thought when I was younger I'd ever watch- Discovery, A&E, History Channel, instead of network TV.

SURVIVOR AND THE AMAZING RACE AND THATS ABOUT IT FOR REALITY TV :drink:

Trading Spaces is about as much reality t.v. as I can handle. It doesn't hurt that Paige Davis is such a cutie...

Paige_Left_About.jpg

Yeah...she's cute. Nice bod......

We don't have the exact same programs over here, but a lot of things that are quite similar. I hate them! Annoying stuff. And you didn't even mention all the American Idol stuff. We've had different shows called Starmaker, Idols, Idols 2 and now we get Be A Movie Star... I'm so tired of all these people who think they are talented, but are obviously not, and still they are offended when the jury tells them they are garbage... Never new that there were so many dumb people out there...

SURVIVOR AND THE AMAZING RACE AND THATS ABOUT IT FOR REALITY TV :drink:

Yep, same here. The only other one that ever held my interest is My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee. That one was quite hilarious.

I enjoyed the hell outta that show!!!

• 4 years later...

I'm going to say that I hate reality tv now. use to watch a few but now not so much. Hells Kitchen every now and again but not much else. even got out of watching Idol this past time. Reality tv has hurt tv overall. BUT TNT does have some of the best shows on tv right now.

Yep, I love it. Just like with "normal TV" there is far, FAAAAAR more garbage than good stuff but I generally prefer reality TV to "normal TV" about 100% of the time. :)

'Survivor' is the best show ever. Love this trashy 'True Beauty' show they're showing in Australia at the moment too. Anyone who said reality TV was excellent TV would be a dickhead, but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable. But what is good on TV anyway? It certainly isn't all this crime/hospital/lawyer bullshit.

If they were REAL reality and not scripted I might watch some of them. They have good premises though.

If they were REAL reality and not scripted I might watch some of them. They have good premises though.

Yeah mean to say you think 'Survvior' and 'The Amazing Race' and the like are scripted?

"Ice Road Truckers" is a cool one. (Those f*ckers are crazy!! You couldn't PAY me enough $$ to do their job!)

And though I question how "real" its "reality" is, I enjoy an occasional "Gene Simmons Family Jewels."

Oh, and "Hell's Kitchen" freakin' rules. I wish I were as rich and powerful as Gordon Ramsey so I could be a complete and total obnoxious a**hole to everyone and yet people would still line up for the chance to work for me.